An interview with Dmitry Buyalov (Meranom) - Page 2
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: An interview with Dmitry Buyalov (Meranom)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: An interview with Dmitry Buyalov (Meranom)

thanks for the interview.

Huge respect and best wishes to Dmitry. He is my go to modern Vostok dealer and offers great CS.

Reading this stuff makes me somewhat sad as all depends on the old soviet equipment in the factory. If something crucial goes bang it could be the last modern Vostok and the end of the journey.

I hope they are doing well and can keep doing and improving the current line up.

Re his designs: Personally most of the case designs are not my cup of tea, I do like some of his dial variations... its all a matter of taste and I am a Taro Tanaka student.

...and if he is reading this, more sandwich dials please :D

Impressed by this interview: very sensible, modest and at the same time aware of the value of what he did. Well done!
    As for his work: meranom is certainly very helpful to us Westerners by providing a trustful access to Russian products. Re the design, great work as well--if I may have a request: don't go to far away from the Russian spirit. Keep doing using nice and original colors, keep drawing "strange" but so distinctive dials!
    miquel99 likes this.

Nice one. And I hope that vostok would suceed to generate some funds to invest in equipment and to be with us for next decades. Current more expensive lines are good approach, I believe

Послато са SM-N950F помоћу Тапатока
    miquel99 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I've purchased about 20 watches from Dmitry @ Meranom and each and every one of them has been a delight to own and admire.

I like his design style as they successfully blend and incorporate classic Soviet/Russian elements and modern elements into unique pieces, at an affordable price.

Great interview miquel99

Thank you for the interview Miquel99. Continue the good work!
    miquel99 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Seikogi View Post
    thanks for the interview.

Huge respect and best wishes to Dmitry. He is my go to modern Vostok dealer and offers great CS.

Reading this stuff makes me somewhat sad as all depends on the old soviet equipment in the factory. If something crucial goes bang it could be the last modern Vostok and the end of the journey.

I hope they are doing well and can keep doing and improving the current line up.

Re his designs: Personally most of the case designs are not my cup of tea, I do like some of his dial variations... its all a matter of taste and I am a Taro Tanaka student.

...and if he is reading this, more sandwich dials please :D
    Hello Seikogi, why do you think Vostok depends only on the soviet equipment? I don't understand English 100% and maybe i'm missing somethings

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Victorv View Post
    Hello Seikogi, why do you think Vostok depends only on the soviet equipment? I don't understand English 100% and maybe i'm missing somethings

Thanks in advance
    That's what I read in the past here on WUS and blogs and if you ask me it makes sense. Mass production CNC tooling equipment is super expensive and only a few still have such capabilities.

A 10k swiss watch and a 300€ swiss watch is both "swiss made" on paper but obviously not in reality. Much is done in China and only a few can make truly "in-house" stuff.

Vostok is among those and at this price point its an unbelievable achievement in today's world.

I can't support it with facts, its just my observation and anecdotal evidence.

No worries, I studied Italian for 4 years and unfortunately can barely speak a few sentences now...

Quote Originally Posted by Seikogi View Post
    That's what I read in the past here on WUS and blogs and if you ask me it makes sense. Mass production CNC tooling equipment is super expensive and only a few still have such capabilities.

A 10k swiss watch and a 300€ swiss watch is both "swiss made" on paper but obviously not in reality. Much is done in China and only a few can make truly "in-house" stuff.

Vostok is among those and at this price point its an unbelievable achievement in today's world.

I can't support it with facts, its just my observation and anecdotal evidence.

No worries, I studied Italian for 4 years and unfortunately can barely speak a few sentences now...
    Many many thanks for your explanations, it sounds convincent. I hope Vostok still making watches like always for a long time

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

I recall reading of Vostok making a substantial machine tool purchase from Leschot, Switzerland, about a decade and a half ago. So I don't think that they are entirely dependent on Soviet equipment.
    miquel99, stevarad and Seikogi like this.
    Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

If you visit official factory site at vostokinc.com, under manufacturing section there are information ref. machinery lines used in the production. Also see cnc center purchased in 2016.

Name:  cnc.JPG
Views: 34
Size:  220.8 KB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information