Italianosky(?)#3 W&CM Watch & Clock Maker by Vostok
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By asquinet

Thread: Italianosky(?)#3 W&CM Watch & Clock Maker by Vostok

Italianosky(?)#3 W&CM Watch & Clock Maker by Vostok

Hello everybody,
    here I have another supposed Soviet production for Italian market. There is not any evidence if these watches was produced under request of Italian importer (like Komandirskie Chrono, seems even assembled in Italy). But the packaging and the tags might lead to think it. Really there aren't many informations about W&CM watches.
    Every further info is welcome!

Let's talk the pics.

Boxes:

What the boxes contains:

With crown at 2 o'clock:

Two black automatic:

In every box a gift of a bookmark with a legend of Cuman Sybilla, an ancient priestess, used to introduce a warning about environmental problems:

The text says like this (excuse me for poor English...) : "The legend says Sybilla offered nine books of prophecy to the seventh (and last) King of Rome, Tarquinio il Superbo. He refused due price too high. Sybilla burned out three books and offered six for same price. Tarquinio refused again, so her burned three more. Finally, Tarquinio, afraid, paid for only three books for the price of what would have been able to purchase nine. We are doing the same with natural environment. Could be tropical forest, or air we breathe, one day we will pay any asking price for what is left."
    I hope will be understandable. If I wrote too much mistakes every correction is welcome!

Again regarding the environmental respect, an exortation to use mechanical wristwatches instead of quartz (here there is English translation!):

Instruction booklet:

The guarantee:

Unfortunately there isn't any trace about age of these watches. I tried to open the two automatic only: the movement is 2416 B marked SU. So, at least the movement could be Soviet Union age....

I repeat, it is ONLY my opinion the supposed Italian origin of these watches!
    I hope more expert collectors will explain better!

Thank you for visit,
    Claudio
    Last edited by asquinet; March 21st, 2012 at 00:36.

Re: Italianosky(?)#3 W&CM Watch & Clock Maker by Vostok

VERY cool!
    I'll make a soldier's decision to fly away. Load my gun, paint my face, call me misery. I can see the sky light up and the ground explode
    Got my sights locked in, I can see you breathe. Then I watched you fall and somebody scream. It's the saddest thing when angels fly away.
    Got a badge for my scars just the other day. Wore it proud for the sake of my sanity. I could see the flames burn bright from the winding road

The Valley of Death, but I fear no evil for I am the meanest SOB in The Valley

Very, Very NICE!! Especially (for my tastes) the last two with the black 'Military' dials. I especially like the 'green' exhortation, but for a different reason. Quartz watches are just so cold and lifeless to me, whereas a mechanical movement is like a living being.

Thanks for sharing!!
    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said "....I drank what?"

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Wow!!!

i have one too.. this is the photo of my W&CM:

Quote Originally Posted by asquinet View Post

Exactly! I never fail to wind my turnips up each and every day.

"Russian style and quality=#1. Keep your Rolex, I'll take Soviet/Russian any day."

They are cool looking watches...

OK, so where does all this leave this 'W&CM' Vostok watch from the late 1980s or maybe the earliest 90s, released before the fall of the empire? It is number 0311 on my website.

I have seen other examples of this dial in the same classic Vostok case, including a photo in one of Levenburg's catalogs.

I don't think it was made for the Italian market.

-- Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images

View my collection at:
    http://www.ussrtime.com
    a fully searchable photo-info database containing more than 1500 Soviet-era clocks & watches

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Gordon View Post
    OK, so where does all this leave this 'W&CM' Vostok watch from the late 1980s or maybe the earliest 90s, released before the fall of the empire? It is number 0311 on my website.

I have seen other examples of this dial in the same classic Vostok case, including a photo in one of Levenburg's catalogs.

-- Mark
    Hi Mark, thank you for your answer!
    As I told many times, mine is supposition, there is not any evidence of it.

It is true, the packaging, tags, instructions are very well designed and realized, seems following an Italian taste...
    Maybe you have seen other my topics about Soviet watches imported for Italian market:
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f10/ita...ly-649733.html (maybe this really was made for Italian market!)
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f10/ita...ly-664427.html

Then, it would be possible that even some samples went anywhere (from Italy? from USSR? who knows??).
    I have seen on Ebay a lot of W & CM from Italy, many other from Germany, sometime from Ukraine with USSR guarantee booklet and usual Vostok plastic box... @Happyjaia, please, are you from one of these countries?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Gordon View Post

-- Mark
    I have two of these watches, one purchased from Russia, the other from Germany:

The case dimensions/contours are slightly different from the typical Komandirskie, and the bezels are an obvious departure.

-k