Just ordered a new Amphibia - Page 2
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Just ordered a new Amphibia

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Just ordered a new Amphibia

Quote Originally Posted by oogabooga View Post
    So good. I don't know what it is about these watches, but I look at them on Meranon and other places. They look great. Bit you see actual photos or see them on youtube and the same watches look about even five times better. Usually marketing images eg Mcdonalds hamburgers, have the exact opposite effect.
    Know what you mean, especially about maccy d. only ever been in one once - wife & myself were in a strange town, needed to eat & thought we'd try a 'big mac' - nothing like the adverts and it put us off ever returning.
    Just hope that the watch is as good looking as the photo now!!

as I've managed to crack the crystal on it, I also ordered a new crystal
    Please, these crystals are quite robust so do tell me how you managed it.

Barry
    serge70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by antilucem View Post
    Please, these crystals are quite robust so do tell me how you managed it.

Barry
    It is on my 650451 - forgot to take it off one night, had a thunderstorm right over the house - I woke (sort of) to the sound of the watch contacting the 4" (100mm) pine bedpost, apparently we'd just had a lightning strike nearby (son was watching the storm), looked at the wood in the morning & it'd dented the corner of the post - in a way, I'm glad I'd got the watch on, as I don't like to think what would've happened to my unprotected wrist!
    OhDark30 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Now checking the tracking of the parcel at least twice a day, just like a kid before Christmas
    OhDark30, SunnyOrange and Kotsov like this.

Great choice, I have one of its brother N models in a 710 case, now modded (new hands, bezel, bracelet etc) but its a fine looking watch to start with, heres mine as it is now. Note, they come with a gold crystal retainer ring, instead of the usual shiny silver retainer ring (the gold bit between the bezel and the dial) and as you know, a black date wheel.

Name:  Amphibia N.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  51.3 KB

I have one of its brother N models in a 710 case, now modded (new hands, bezel, bracelet etc)
    First time for me to see that dial posted. I bought that from Meranom for my third and final mod of my 060 and was amazed just how good it looks in different light. Even in the sun some marks on the chapter ring 'disappear' with angled light. I also bought the black date ring but I retained the red second hand, so mostly I just see the white dot going round.

Name:  Vostok 060 - 27 January 2018.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  104.9 KB

Its hard to portray how good the dial is in a photograph because of the way it 'plays' with the light.

Your hands look excellent with that dial.

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Parkgate View Post
    Great choice, I have one of its brother N models in a 710 case, now modded (new hands, bezel, bracelet etc) but its a fine looking watch to start with, heres mine as it is now. Note, they come with a gold crystal retainer ring, instead of the usual shiny silver retainer ring (the gold bit between the bezel and the dial) and as you know, a black date wheel.

Name:  Amphibia N.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  51.3 KB
    Where did you find thar bezel or bezel insert?

Послато са SM-N950F помоћу Тапатока

Quote Originally Posted by antilucem View Post
    First time for me to see that dial posted. I bought that from Meranom for my third and final mod of my 060 and was amazed just how good it looks in different light. Even in the sun some marks on the chapter ring 'disappear' with angled light. I also bought the black date ring but I retained the red second hand, so mostly I just see the white dot going round.

Name:  Vostok 060 - 27 January 2018.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  104.9 KB

Its hard to portray how good the dial is in a photograph because of the way it 'plays' with the light.

Your hands look excellent with that dial.

Barry
    Thats not the same dial, it looks very similar but as far as I know you cannot buy a a 679 dial separately they are only available in 090679 or 710679 watches. If you look carefully a 679 dial has gold script (not white) your dial is a 662 with white script, white minute markers and solid flat (not split and angled) hour markers.
    thewatchadude and antilucem like this.

Thats not the same dial, it looks very similar but as far as I know you cannot buy a a 679 dial separately they are only available in 090679 or 710679 watches. If you look carefully a 679 dial has gold script (not white) your dial is a 662 with white script, white minute markers and solid flat (not split and angled) hour markers.
    My eyes were misled as I thought the changes were due to the light but now I have viewed it on Meranom I see it is gold with split markers. It is another incarnation of the 662 dial and very pretty. The 662 is out of stock so maybe this refined version will be a replacement later.

So, I still have not seen my dial on WUS then.

Barry

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information