WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

KOMANDIRSKIE lets see them.

420K views 2K replies 524 participants last post by  EndeavourDK 
#1 ·
Not as sleek and cool as it's younger sister the Amphibian. I would like to hear some of your thoughts on the new ones and see some of your photos. There are a couple things that has me thinking about one over another amphibian and that is price and this one has a very clean easy to read face. What do you all have to say?

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

See less See more
#977 ·
My Komandirskie came with an acceptable strap but since I have one that's better I did replace mine.
I have a few other straps that I can put on mine including a C&B Phalanx strap that does look good imho
but still prefer the added security of the Zulu strap. My watch don't get babied on the weekends.

Komandirskie K-35
with the Crown & Buckle Phalanx canvas/leather strap.

b-)​

#984 · (Edited)
So my Italian bird landed today, all the way from Izhevsk... '85 export 1945. Very good condition from a seller on Etsy, even case back seems correct. One of the lume dots is cracked and some light scratches on the crystal that I can probably PolyWatch and the case which I can polish, but that's about it. Liking it on the St. George NATO.

The question is the original 139 (333?) bezel. I like it a lot, but it has some annoying damage; deep scratch around 45 and bubbling around 20. It's acrylic if I'm not mistaken, but can it be touched up with PolyWatch too or will that damage the numbering? Will it even help or make it worse.

There are some original used bezels floating around for sale, but they are expensive and not totally pristine. Based on feedback from the forum I might try and get one or I can also change to this nice DAGAZ / Boris bezel I have that goes with the Victory Day motif. Comments and thoughts are appreciated. Once I swap a bezel, I rarely go back!

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

#986 ·
Zany, Lay the insert or the insert and bezel on top of the original on the watch, and take a picture looking directly down of it so we can more closely tell what it would look like with the other bezel.
Floating on top... I'm just really undecided on this one. I want to do the watch justice. If I have to buy another old Vostok just for a decent bezel or hunt around on ebay for a Vostok 139/333 bezel, it might be worth it to keep it original. That being said, I like the pop of the orange and black from the new bezel as it also closely matches the second hand...

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

#988 ·
Thanks!

The original bezel stays!!!! Nothing that some hard work and PolyWatch couldn't handle. Had no idea it would work so well on the bezel. Got rid of most of the scratches and all of the bubbling. A little Micro-mesh and Cape Cod to finish off the case and it's almost like new. Anybody wanna buy a nice new Boris bezel with DAGAZ insert? ;)

#1,003 ·
The Treptower I've been hunting for arrived today. In very good condition with minimal sunburn. Needs a few licks of Polywatch and a some Cape Cod love, but should clean up like a beauty. Now I need to choose a strap, maybe invest in a black leather NATO or something vintage. May have to go on black and tan nylon NATO for the time being.

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Silver Fashion accessory

#1,006 ·
Here's my little collection I started 11 months ago, sorted by order of arrival
Got the nato straps yesterday and put them on to see what would it be like
the second from the left isn't actually a komandirskie but a vostok prestige

My next one will be the orange neptune, if i manage to order one before it is sold out. The demand is high on this one

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.