KOMANDIRSKIE lets see them. - Page 30
Like Tree4591Likes

Thread: KOMANDIRSKIE lets see them.

Page 30 of 173 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 80 130 ... LastLast
    The Valley of Death, but I fear no evil for I am the meanest SOB in The Valley

Re: KOMANDIRSKIE lets see them.

Heck, I'll just throw all of mine in here..... From the old to the new.... AND I have 1 more not even in the pic that I completely forgot about. LOL

Name:  485de6b3-4b20-405d-a21b-2ecfb687d1f0.jpg
Views: 1159
Size:  134.2 KB
    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said "....I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by JRMTactical View Post
    Heck, I'll just throw all of mine in here..... From the old to the new.... AND I have 1 more not even in the pic that I completely forgot about. LOL
    Well done!
    Can you tell me more about the blue (?) one on the bottom row (2nd from the left) ? Which model is this?
    Current Collection: Vulcain 70's day/date automatic | Hamilton 70's handwind | Seiko SKX009J | Seiko SBDC029 | Seiko SARB017 | Citizen NY0040 | Wenger 096.0659 quartz | Wenger TerraGraph auto | Boldr Venture | Eddie Bauer (Timex) v8vo51 | Sturmanskie 3133/1981260 | ​Okeah 3133 | Pulsar Chrono. | Casio Edifice EQWM1100DC-1A2 | Casio AD-520 | Casio GWX5600 | Pulsar field quartz | Heuer Trackmaster 8032

Well, from my understanding, these were produced late 60's into the 70's (historically I'm thinking they fell between the models we see currently from the 80's and the older/smaller cased watches). The one you see, while it is relatively a larger sized case on par with the newer models, it has the small 2234 movement in it. The best I can explain is that people started wanting larger scale watches, but they still had a glut of smaller movements....so they built a big watch with a big spacer, put it in a big case and used in internal 'bezel' with seconds indices to fill the gap. It's an elegant looking watch, and a really nice design. Most that I have ever seen are ЗАКАЗ stamped. I've seen them in blue, black and maroon (I think). I noticed a couple on eBay the other day, btw.
    soulbazz likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Tankadirskie frenzy! Nice collection

Quote Originally Posted by sq100 View Post
    Tankadirskie frenzy! Nice collection
    Yeah..LOL! I think everybody thought I was insane for a while because every time I posted a new watch it was a Komandirskie Tank! I had a few more than what you see, but I decided to sell the ones not stamped Сделано в СССР or ЗАКАЗ МО СССР. I always check for them when I'm looking at auctions, and if I see one really cheap, I buy it.
    Last edited by JRMTactical; August 29th, 2013 at 01:18.

Well, from my understanding, these were produced late 60's into the 70's (historically I'm thinking they fell between the models we see currently from the 80's and the older/smaller cased watches). The one you see, while it is relatively a larger sized case on par with the newer models, it has the small 2234 movement in it. The best I can explain is that people started wanting larger scale watches, but they still had a glut of smaller movements....so they built a big watch with a big spacer, put it in a big case and used in internal 'bezel' with seconds indices to fill the gap. It's an elegant looking watch, and a really nice design. Most that I have ever seen are ЗАКАЗ stamped. I've seen them in blue, black and maroon (I think). I noticed a couple on eBay the other day, btw.
    Awesome! Thanks for the info
    JRMTactical likes this.
    Current Collection: Vulcain 70's day/date automatic | Hamilton 70's handwind | Seiko SKX009J | Seiko SBDC029 | Seiko SARB017 | Citizen NY0040 | Wenger 096.0659 quartz | Wenger TerraGraph auto | Boldr Venture | Eddie Bauer (Timex) v8vo51 | Sturmanskie 3133/1981260 | ​Okeah 3133 | Pulsar Chrono. | Casio Edifice EQWM1100DC-1A2 | Casio AD-520 | Casio GWX5600 | Pulsar field quartz | Heuer Trackmaster 8032

Yeah..LOL! I think everybody thought I was insane for a while because every time I posted a new watch it was a Komandirskie Tank! I had a few more than what you see, but I decided to sell the ones not stamped Сделано в СССР. I always check for them when I'm looking at auctions, and if I see one really cheap, I buy it.
    Mine says hello. Do any of yours have a case back like mine? It's the only one I've seen in this whole thread. I don't know what it could possibly come of of beside a Komandirskie, but I can't read the Cyrillic at the bottom of the case:

I need one of those older MO CCCP 3AKA3.
    Last edited by OCDood; August 29th, 2013 at 01:07.

Quote Originally Posted by OCDood View Post
    Mine says hello. Do any of yours have a case back like mine? It's the only one I've seen in this whole thread. I don't know what it could possibly come of of beside a Komandirskie, but I can't read the Cyrillic at the bottom of the case:

That is the first K'skie case back I have seen like that. VERY interesting. The "Водонепроницаемый" means "WATERPROOF". It looks like a plain case back that maybe someone has 'tooled' for decorative purposes....you ALWAYS see new stuff and I'm constantly surprised by what pops up!
    OCDood likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OCDood View Post

Is that a recent purchase? I know I've seen one before, unless it was yours.

These are most of mine. I have some more, but they're considered spares or need a bit of work.

My first Vostok was the topright black tankadirskie. My first step down the spiral

The 2 top blue 3AKA3 are great lookers. The bottom submarines were very cheap and though some people wouldn't like them because of their damaged dials I think it adds to the charm of the watch (esp since they only cost like $10)

Love the black space komandirskie, but it has a broken mainspring, so it has limited runtime (about 9 hours) after a wind. The blue ribbed submarine dials are stunning.

Flightdecks with tiny differences on the dial.

Last but not least, my bling bling golden dirskies

I have a few "old style" komandirskies too, but they're not in the best shape.
    JRMTactical, JonS1967 and heimdalg like this.

Page 30 of 173 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 80 130 ... LastLast