KOMANDIRSKIE lets see them. - Page 47
Like Tree4423Likes

Thread: KOMANDIRSKIE lets see them.

Page 47 of 164 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 97 147 ... LastLast

Re: KOMANDIRSKIE lets see them.

Oooooh, brassy!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    sq100 likes this.

Hello. I am kinda new here and thought this would be a good thread to start in. I accidentally discovered this site/forum a few weeks ago and have been amazed by the number of watches, history and knowledge here. I have two Komandirskie watches that were given to me 20+ years ago; as birthday presents. I was born in Russia, but raised in the USA...and received such gifts whenever family/friends came over to visit. Both of these watches have survived a tremendous amount of abuse (got them when I was 12 years old)...and have been on my wrist in middle school, high school, college and graduate school. I proudly wear them to work and an now beginning to learn about proper care and maintenance.

Vostok Komandirskie Paratrooper

Name:  Paratrooper-composite2.jpg
Views: 1008
Size:  206.3 KB

Vostok Komandirskie Coat of Arms & Flag
    Name:  Flag-composite2.jpg
Views: 1004
Size:  211.0 KB

Name:  b0aabc7ec5d711e3a09a0002c9549d5a_8.jpg
Views: 902
Size:  112.6 KB

Just a quick Instagram shoot. I gotta be honest with you, I hated the strap. This piece of leather on the lugs is loosely tied to the strap and watch will never stand firm on it. I think I need to get another cuff leather strap. Any recommendations for someone who's got very slim wrists?
    Last edited by eaglesOfTheTown; April 17th, 2014 at 04:36.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

khd

Quote Originally Posted by Neuron22 View Post
    Hello. I am kinda new here and thought this would be a good thread to start in. I accidentally discovered this site/forum a few weeks ago and have been amazed by the number of watches, history and knowledge here. I have two Komandirskie watches that were given to me 20+ years ago; as birthday presents. I was born in Russia, but raised in the USA...and received such gifts whenever family/friends came over to visit. Both of these watches have survived a tremendous amount of abuse (got them when I was 12 years old)...and have been on my wrist in middle school, high school, college and graduate school. I proudly wear them to work and an now beginning to learn about proper care and maintenance.

Vostok Komandirskie Paratrooper

Name:  Paratrooper-composite2.jpg
Views: 1008
Size:  206.3 KB

Vostok Komandirskie Coat of Arms & Flag
    Name:  Flag-composite2.jpg
Views: 1004
Size:  211.0 KB
    Very nice - I love the Paratrooper with the brown strap, that's a great looking combination! I ordered a similar strap for my "Zakaz" Komandirskie (dark brown dial) over a month ago but it hasn't arrived yet

Quote Originally Posted by khd View Post
    Very nice - I love the Paratrooper with the brown strap, that's a great looking combination! I ordered a similar strap for my "Zakaz" Komandirskie (dark brown dial) over a month ago but it hasn't arrived yet
    Thanks mate I used to have it on a NATO strap when I wore it as a daily watch. Since this paratrooper is literally the first watched I owned (as a gift at age 12)...I want to spare it from daily abuse...and thus it is now more of a dress watch. To me, that natural brown strap classes it up and also plays of the dial colors. I was lucky to find the trap in a local watch shop.
    khd and OhDark30 like this.

khd

Quote Originally Posted by Neuron22 View Post
    Thanks mate I used to have it on a NATO strap when I wore it as a daily watch. Since this paratrooper is literally the first watched I owned (as a gift at age 12)...I want to spare it from daily abuse...and thus it is now more of a dress watch. To me, that natural brown strap classes it up and also plays of the dial colors. I was lucky to find the trap in a local watch shop.
    I wear my Komandirskie as a dress watch as well... Because they have a really slim handwound movement they fit under a cuff much better than my dive watches

Waited a long time to find one with a good dial... just snagged this one in Germany:

Name:  8.jpg
Views: 898
Size:  30.7 KB

Looks good on pictures, just some rub marks from a previous strap on the back (I can live with it)

Ummm... I think I may have a problem. I know - I need another watch box....

Name:  dirskies.jpg
Views: 843
Size:  153.2 KB
    mp34me, khd, OhDark30 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by S.H. View Post
    Waited a long time to find one with a good dial... just snagged this one in Germany:

Name:  8.jpg
Views: 898
Size:  30.7 KB

Looks good on pictures, just some rub marks from a previous strap on the back (I can live with it)
    Yes that's an excellent looker. I was watching that myself too, but I'm not able to tell originals from franken with this model, so I let it pass. Wear it in good health

Thanks! I'd say dial/hands/case are original. Crown, not sure.

Page 47 of 164 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 97 147 ... LastLast

Thread Information