Meranom and Modding - Page 2
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Meranom and Modding

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Meranom and Modding

Quote Originally Posted by gwbnyc View Post
    very nice +1

aside, we need hand sets other than what is available, a selection, I would hope.
    I agree but the blued ones are very nice and sort of authentic Amphibia but if you want more choice there are several vendors making them, including my favourite bezel manufacturer Dr. Seikostain at One Second Closer in Poland. Have you looked at these? Items in One.Second.Closer store on eBay ! I am actually considering fitting his sword hands to this watch when it gets home.

Also Favinov has a good reputation. He makes lumed hands that you can see from afar. https://www.ebay.ca/sch/favinov/m.html

Etsy has a range on offer from different makers: cathedral, sword. paddle etc: https://www.etsy.com/listing/4892127...yle-for-vostok

Yobokie in HK has some amazing stuff but its only on Photobucket. You have to contact Harold Ng and tell him what you want: Hands by yobokies | Photobucket

Barry
    Last edited by antilucem; December 13th, 2017 at 08:12.
    dt75 and gwbnyc like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mclusky View Post
    Nice to have more opinions about it, I was already interested, now I´m more interested.
    Excellent...............the more the merrier.

Maayong Pasko

I promise myself I'll do this one day! Thanks for the reminder. Cool looking watch!
    Quote Originally Posted by antilucem View Post
    Comrades- participants and lurkers,

Dmitry and his team have just changed the dial and date wheel on my 060 beater and he even sent me pictures of the work.

This is the dial: https://meranom.com/en/amphibian-cla...ibian-662.html

When it arrives back in Cebu I will complete the brushed finish before fitting a Dr. Seikostain bezel with red insert.

So far, the watch is in its fourth incarnation and everything has now been modded, even the engine. I will post a picture when it is complete.

Attachment 12718445

Thank you Meranom for the excellent and speedy work.

I used ordinary post to send and was able to track to its destination which took under 4 weeks. This is my favourite device: Post/EMS tracking - track-trace

I write this as an endorsement of Meranom and to encourage new fans who might not realise that Meranom can customise your watch before you receive it - bezel, dial, hands, date wheel, crown, caseback etc. The extra cost is negligible for a custom watch.

Barry
    antilucem likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

This is what I did when I bought my amphibia. I bought the base watch. Then the dial I wanted, since that case shape didn’t come with the dial I wanted. For an extra charge Meranom will replace the dial. For an extra charge he will also install other bits. I had him install the se bezel and the new stainless crown.

Turned the watch into into my own personal se. All the work was top notch. Watch works flawlessly and keeps good time.

Except for one kind of major flaw in their work. I didn’t notice this at first, since the acrylic crystal is good at masking this in low or indoor light. But on the first sunny day I had the watch outside. I noticed a monumental amount of dust under the crystal and on the dial.

Not a big deal for me to fix but it was extremely disappointing. I had to buy a caseback removal tool, since normally I use the rubber ball. Then removing the dust from the underside of the acrylic was an extreme pita.

I noticed a monumental amount of dust under the crystal and on the dial.
    I hope that the marks I can see on the pictures are on the outside then. I am crossing my fingers now.

Quote Originally Posted by antilucem View Post
    I hope that the marks I can see on the pictures are on the outside then. I am crossing my fingers now.
    I had a look back at the photo, and see quite a few. Hopefully that’s just on the outside.

The watch was ready for collection yesterday having spent the last few weeks of its life on a sea cruise from Manila.

The mods are now:Dr. Sekostain bezel with original Seiko Pepsi insert, shark mesh bracelet from China, Meranom - blued hands (retained red original second hand), black dial and date wheel, stainless steel crown, Scuba Dude 2 caseback. Case now with brushed finish using silicon carbide paper.

It originally had a compass bezel which I sent to a comrade in Missouri.

Name:  Vostok 060 - 27 January 2018.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  104.9 KB

Name:  Watch on Wrist.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  73.5 KB
    REDSWAN13, Proliant and mullac2001 like this.

Thanks for your concern, muffins. Marks were on outside and watch looks iimmaculate with loupe. Got free adjustment too and watch now runnning very accurately.
    itsmemuffins likes this.

Does Dimitry also do case brushing or sanding? If yes, how do you ask him to mod your case? Is there also a mod for uni bezels?

Quote Originally Posted by larand View Post
    I always think of it as my watch going on an adventure as I follow along with the tracking--"It left Chistopol! It's in Kazan! It's in Moscow!" The only time I've had mild concern was when one was handed over to the French Post, but it got here in record time, so all I can say is "Vive la France!"
    Lucky you ! I lost a handful of packages over the pas few years, always due to French Post. I don't mind buying watches in Russia, Ukraine or any other "exotic" location (as they're viewed from the West), but I always start shaking when tracking reports they've entered France :(

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information