Meranom and Modding - Page 3
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Meranom and Modding

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Meranom and Modding

Quote Originally Posted by RPatrickM View Post
    Does Dimitry also do case brushing or sanding? If yes, how do you ask him to mod your case? Is there also a mod for uni bezels?
    If they do not, Favinov does case brushing.

Quote Originally Posted by antilucem View Post
    I agree but the blued ones are very nice and sort of authentic Amphibia but if you want more choice there are several vendors making them, including my favourite bezel manufacturer Dr. Seikostain at One Second Closer in Poland. Have you looked at these? Items in One.Second.Closer store on eBay ! I am actually considering fitting his sword hands to this watch when it gets home.

Also Favinov has a good reputation. He makes lumed hands that you can see from afar. https://www.ebay.ca/sch/favinov/m.html

Etsy has a range on offer from different makers: cathedral, sword. paddle etc: https://www.etsy.com/listing/4892127...yle-for-vostok

Yobokie in HK has some amazing stuff but its only on Photobucket. You have to contact Harold Ng and tell him what you want: Hands by yobokies | Photobucket

Barry
    Favinov has some new style hands available, but you have to contact him directly. They look pretty good to me.

Raffles-time on eBay also has some nice hands.

I agree on Dr. Seikostain hands as well.

This thread is over two years old so my original post about suppliers may not be current................posters please note.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Dave51 View Post
    Does Dimitry also do case brushing or sanding? If yes, how do you ask him to mod your case? Is there also a mod for uni bezels?

Thanks for the tip. I'm a huge fan of Vostok's engineering in their watches, but I find the mirror polish a bit of a turn off. Something about sanded or blasted cases that make me prefer it.

Thanks for the tip. I'm a huge fan of Vostok's engineering in their watches, but I find the mirror polish a bit of a turn off. Something about sanded or blasted cases that make me prefer it.
    I did mine by hand with 'wet and dry' and its OK for a tool watch. I think that any watchmaker or jeweller with a linishing machine (Linishing Machine | Metal Polishing Machines | PW Engineering) can do it for you really so no need to send away, just take the innards out if you want to save time and money.

Favinov always does excellent work though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave51 View Post
    Does Favinov do radially brush cases?

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeOrange View Post
    Does Favinov do radially brush cases?
    Favinov radially brushed a 710 case for me. It looks very nice. You should know that it is very subtle. Not as noticeable as you would see on one done by the factory. I like what he did, but it is different than the factory brushed case on an Amphibian from the 80s that was gifted to me.

If you like a brushed case, it is possible to try it yourself, although radial brushing would be tough. I did some circular "brushing" by cutting a hole to the right size in a 3M scouring pad, taping off the parts of a 150 case and a couple of 670 cases, and turning the case repeatedly with the taped crystal in the hole. Depending on how hard you push down, after 50-100 turns you have a nice radial brushing. The more you turn, the finer the brushing (the less obvious each individual scratch is). I think I learned this trick somewhere on this site. It could have been on youTube too. Can't exactly remember. Be careful though. You might rub some of the skin off of one of your fingers. Not that I did that to my self . . . .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information