Meranom and Modding
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Meranom and Modding

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Meranom and Modding

Comrades- participants and lurkers,

Dmitry and his team have just changed the dial and date wheel on my 060 beater and he even sent me pictures of the work.

This is the dial: https://meranom.com/en/amphibian-cla...ibian-662.html

When it arrives back in Cebu I will complete the brushed finish before fitting a Dr. Seikostain bezel with red insert.

So far, the watch is in its fourth incarnation and everything has now been modded, even the engine. I will post a picture when it is complete.

Name:  20171207_082801_resized.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  222.6 KB

Thank you Meranom for the excellent and speedy work.

I used ordinary post to send and was able to track to its destination which took under 4 weeks. This is my favourite device: Post/EMS tracking - track-trace

I write this as an endorsement of Meranom and to encourage new fans who might not realise that Meranom can customise your watch before you receive it - bezel, dial, hands, date wheel, crown, caseback etc. The extra cost is negligible for a custom watch.

Barry
    Last edited by antilucem; December 9th, 2017 at 08:46.

Re: Meranom and Modding

I like the idea that Meranom will perform this service, but I kind of like doing it myself. Its fun to tinker. I do have to say that I have never received anything but great service from Dmitry. I value having a reasonable and reliable vendor for sure.
    antilucem, steve_AU and JonS1967 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Proliant View Post
    I like the idea that Meranom will perform this service, but I kind of like doing it myself. Its fun to tinker. I do have to say that I have never received anything but great service from Dmitry. I value having a reasonable and reliable vendor for sure.
    Yes, I really wrote this for some of our new friends who might be reluctant to tinker initially, until temptation strikes......hahaha. I was also testing the concept as I read people complaining about the Russian Postal system, so I decided to do a two-way test and so far its been good. This 060 has already been to Wales for a service so this is a travelling watch.

Name:  Tracking - Arrival in Chistopol.PNG
Views: 453
Size:  94.2 KB

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by antilucem View Post
    Yes, I really wrote this for some of our new friends who might be reluctant to tinker initially, until temptation strikes......hahaha. I was also testing the concept as I read people complaining about the Russian Postal system, so I decided to do a two-way test and so far its been good. This 060 has already been to Wales for a service so this is a travelling watch.

Name:  Tracking - Arrival in Chistopol.PNG
Views: 453
Size:  94.2 KB
    Dmitry doesn't have much control over the Russian postal system <shrug> ...... While I have waited and lost track of packages with them I have always gotten them eventually. Its weird because Ive had a few things here in 2 weeks (to Denver, CO USA) and others that took months. In the end I pretty much just try to put it out of my mind and when it gets here its a bit of a surprise.
    antilucem likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Proliant View Post
    Dmitry doesn't have much control over the Russian postal system <shrug> ...... While I have waited and lost track of packages with them I have always gotten them eventually. Its weird because Ive had a few things here in 2 weeks (to Denver, CO USA) and others that took months. In the end I pretty much just try to put it out of my mind and when it gets here its a bit of a surprise.
    I always think of it as my watch going on an adventure as I follow along with the tracking--"It left Chistopol! It's in Kazan! It's in Moscow!" The only time I've had mild concern was when one was handed over to the French Post, but it got here in record time, so all I can say is "Vive la France!"
    antilucem likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by larand View Post
    I always think of it as my watch going on an adventure as I follow along with the tracking--"It left Chistopol! It's in Kazan! It's in Moscow!" The only time I've had mild concern was when one was handed over to the French Post, but it got here in record time, so all I can say is "Vive la France!"
    Yeah.......me too.
    larand likes this.

Nice to have more opinions about it, I was already interested, now I´m more interested.
    antilucem likes this.

very nice +1

aside, we need hand sets other than what is available, a selection, I would hope.

Another thumbs up for meranom. I just ordered a scuba dude and a scuba dude caseback. I simply added in the comments on the order that I would like the new caseback installed for me. No extra charge, and it just arrived today and looks perfect!

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk
    larand, JonS1967 and antilucem like this.

Scuba Dude 2 caseback..........love it and its on mine too.
    Last edited by antilucem; December 13th, 2017 at 08:02.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information