My First Poljot, Alarm / Signal / Buzzing SOMETHING! lol lol

Thread: My First Poljot, Alarm / Signal / Buzzing SOMETHING! lol lol

My First Poljot, Alarm / Signal / Buzzing SOMETHING! lol lol

Still very new at this, didn't get any info about a Poeba? on the other thread, so decided to play it safe and get a Poljot.

From the listing;

Short description of watch
    I bring to your attention rare vintage USSR Russian collectables, mechanical men’s wrist watch POLJOT SIGNAL1-MChZ with an alarm clock vibration and buzzing. You establish time of a signal with the help of the top head, duration of a bell (a tinkling sound) 12 seconds. This watch has the original beautiful movement with rare caliber 2612 and 18 jewels.On a back side, the movement signed 1-MChZ and the movement number 8731209. Balance on the watch have shock-proof device. The case is dust-proof. It has a original chrome case and back stainless steel cover. On the dial, hours markers and watch hands are fluorescent (luminous in dark). On face side, dome glass is plastic. To the watch a watchband is added in a gift. The watch has been restored, checked and calibrated by a master watchmaker and is in good running condition. This unique watch was kept till our time in good condition. Any defects not mentioned but visible in the pictures will be considered as described. Photos are of the actual watch. Getting such thing you do good capital investment. Every year the price for them will increase only! This watch is a stylish acquisition for collectors, 100% satisfaction, and good present or for everyday use!
    Dear Buyers, you need to understand; Antique and vintage watches - are very delicate and I always pack them in a good packing for high degree preventing of damage. High altitude flights, jolting, atmospheric pressure, extreme temperature changes, frequent loading and frequent carrying in delivery time to You; can be hard on watch. This can cause the oil viscosity to decrease (gumming), the watch-hands can dropped down and prevent the ticking of watch (the balance can't rotate freely etc.). For this reason I can't guarantee a perfect working of watch. It may need to be oiled when it arrive - regardless of its recent servicing. Although this is only a very slight possibility it can occasionally happen. Please bear in mind that you are buying used watch - which already more than 30 years old and it will require service, cleaning, lubrication and calibration etc.
    Technical information:
    * Diameter of the case with crown: 36 mm
    * Diameter of case: 34 mm
    * Diameter of dial: 29 mm
    * Thickness: 11 mm

* Band size: 18 mm
    Attached Images Attached Images

Have Discovered Vintage Pocket Watches!

AID

Re: My First Poljot, Alarm / Signal / Buzzing SOMETHING! lol lol

Cool Poljot /Signal! As long as you did not buy it for "capital investment", you have done well! It's not all original, but if it keeps time and alarm works as it should, you'll have a lot of fun with it, I am sure Congrats!
    Watchmaking is a lifestyle!

Quote Originally Posted by AID View Post
    Cool Poljot /Signal! As long as you did not buy it for "capital investment", you have done well! It's not all original, but if it keeps time and alarm works as it should, you'll have a lot of fun with it, I am sure Congrats!
    Only paid $69 for it, can't wait to get it, have ordered a new leather strap from US to put on it, if I can figure out how. lol

Educate me please, what is not original, what do I need to pay attention to?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

AID

Hands are replacement and unfortunately a bad one, it's not even a Russian hands, at least not vintage for sure. But the rest of the watch looks good to me. I think you've done well, and now you have an opportunity to hunt for a broken (for parts) Poljot with correct hand, if you desire
    Attached Images Attached Images

Watchmaking is a lifestyle!

Quote Originally Posted by AID View Post
    Hands are replacement and unfortunately a bad one, it's not even a Russian hands, at least not vintage for sure. But the rest of the watch looks good to me. I think you've done well, and now you have an opportunity to hunt for a broken (for parts) Poljot with correct hand, if you desire
    OK, that sounds like fun! Will do! lol THANK YOU!

The crowns are replacements too. They should be rounded, like this:

Thank you for the additional information, there is a lot to learn here. : )

Thread Information