My Grandfather's Watch

Thread: My Grandfather's Watch

My Grandfather's Watch

Hey, my grandfather recently has given me a his watch which he wore back in the soviet days and I was wondering if any have similar watches or can tell me something about the one pictured below. I know it has had multiple repairs, but it is priceless to me nonetheless. I would greatly appreciate any comments and facts about the watch besides that it is a Luch watch and was made in USSR. Thank you in advance for all of your help!

(Click to enlarge)
    Last edited by kleymanation; April 20th, 2007 at 03:52.

It most likely is a Luch 2200 caliber movement

I cannot see the hallmark too clearly, but it appears to be a solid gold case. It very well may be simply plated.

Forum members Ill-phill & Mark collect the gold soviet watches, and they could better answer any question you may have, such as a date.

BTW, your Grandfather had good taste!
    Стрела

Russian Watch Forum, Rolex & Tudor Watch Forum, & Pilots’ and Military Watch Forum Moderator

Re: It most likely is a Luch 2200 caliber movement

Quote Originally Posted by Strela View Post
    I cannot see the hallmark too clearly, but it appears to be a solid gold case. It very well may be simply plated.

Forum members Ill-phill & Mark collect the gold soviet watches, and they could better answer any question you may have, such as a date.

BTW, your Grandfather had good taste!
    Thanks for the reply. I can't wait to see or hear if others have a similar watch. Yes, I also do know for a fact that is a gold watch. Thanks for the insight

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: My Grandfather's Watch

Very cool! Looks like Soviet rose gold too! My ring is stamped (with hammer and sickle!) inside and it's a rose or pink/red gold and genuinely Soviet production. Looks the same color as your grandfather's watch.

Quote Originally Posted by gerard88t View Post
    Very cool! Looks like Soviet rose gold too! My ring is stamped (with hammer and sickle!) inside and it's a rose or pink/red gold and genuinely Soviet production. Looks the same color as your grandfather's watch.
    This watch is truly beautiful, and was in fabulous condition before the recent repair where that mechanic had messed up and I guess replaced the entire dial since I remember for a fact the previous dial was in better condition and has Made In USSR at the bottom which this one clearly does not. The messy glue is also a big screw up by the watchmen. I sure do despsie him for ruining such a timless watch.

This watch has a case made of gold and would be quite collectable with the matching dial. To bad that it was replaced, normally gold luchs have a dial something like this:

should be easy to swap bak to original...
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by ill-phill View Post
    This watch has a case made of gold and would be quite collectable with the matching dial. To bad that it was replaced, normally gold luchs have a dial something like this:

should be easy to swap bak to original...
    Phil
    The original dial looked identical to the one that is pictured; however, the current dial is in worse shape and doesn't have Made In USSR at the bottom. I am thinking of doing a mechanism swap. How hard do you think that is? I wanna make this beauty to look as glorious as it once did. Thanks

Thread Information