New Bracelet for Poljot Journey.

Thread: New Bracelet for Poljot Journey.

New Bracelet for Poljot Journey.

Just arrived this morning from Germany. I think this Bracelet has transformed this Watch from being very nice to being the best looking Russian Watch I have ever seen.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: New Bracelet for Poljot Journey.

Hi -

Wow. I've got the same watch - I *must* complement you on your excellent, urbane, cultivated taste in watches - but was hesitant on the bracelet, as I was worried that it would be way over the top.

But that looks very nice indeed. I'd be worried that it's too much bling (I work in the financial services industry and bling can be a problem, especially when it looks to be really serious bling, which can annoy the customers, since they start thinking "why should I finance this guy's bling?"

How is the plating? Do you think it's going to handle a lot of day-to-day wear?

JohnF

PS: And did you buy from Juri? How did the transaction go?
    コスト下げ やる気も一緒に 下げられる

Quote Originally Posted by JohnF View Post
    =How is the plating? Do you think it's going to handle a lot of day-to-day wear?
    JohnF
    PS: And did you buy from Juri? How did the transaction go?
    John --

I've had the same watch and bracelet for about a year. It's one of my favorite beaters. The plating on the bracelet has held up really well. I was also worried that the double friction clasp would begin to fail, but it is made from a very heavy piece of stainless steel that has functioned to date without any sign of loosening or structural failure.

To your question about Juri. I purchased both the watch and the bracelet from him. The transaction went off without a hitch. He's not a bad guy, just a bit of a ditz. My recommendation is to communicate very clearly to him. Whenever I purchase something from him, I include a jpeg photo of the model/piece I am buying. I've always received what I have pictured.

BTW, the only snafu I ever experienced with Juri was in my favor! He forgot to charge my card for several hundred Euros worth of watches I purchased a few years back. He eventually discovered his error and wrote to me 4 or 5 months later asking politely if he could charge my card -- even though he already had my card number.

-- Mark
    View my collection at:
    http://www.ussrtime.com
    a fully searchable photo-info database containing more than 1500 Soviet-era clocks & watches

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi -

Sounds increasingly good, then. I also got the watch from Juri, and was a tad annoyed when he wouldn't honor an option on the sale (display back for €15, he wanted €25, I refused), but he put the display back up for sale seperately and I got it for €2 (!) and he was a tad snippy about it...

The original band - faux croc - is getting rather frayed, and it *would* make the watch rather nice...

Thanks!

JohnF
    コスト下げ やる気も一緒に 下げられる

Hello John.

I really like this bracelet, I think it lifts the Watch into a different league. The Watch was really nice before, but with the Bracelet it looks a million dollars. I had'nt considered it to be bling, but i suppose it is quite dressy. To me bling is one of those hideous Watches covered in diamonds or semi precious stones! The kind of thing worn by footballers with more money than sense. This Watch and Bracelet combination look really classy, and I find it hard to believe that I got both for a little over £120.

Oh, by the way, I did get them both from Juri.

Cheers and Merry Christmas, Ken.

Thread Information