New OKEAN/OKEAH and Sturmanskie from Volmax - 2019 edition - Page 2
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: New OKEAN/OKEAH and Sturmanskie from Volmax - 2019 edition

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: New OKEAN OKEAH from Volmax - 2019 edition

Quote Originally Posted by EndeavourDK View Post
    Thinking a bit more about it, if I less than a month ago would have bought the 2011 Final OKEAH edition (https://forums.watchuseek.com/f10/he...s-5107641.html) only to find out now that the Final isn't that final, I would have been, to say it politely; in a very bad mood

In the thread some of comrades commented; "I don't know why would anyone spend 700 for a reissue when you can get the original for that price" or "The original okeah's hold their value much better".

Now, this time I'm really confused

Under collectors there seems to be the "original".

So what is the "original" and what are all the other issues called;"Legit", "Repro's / reissue" or "Fakes"

What do we call a watch, even though made by Volmax (which allegedly has the Poljot rights, or the rights to make the 3133) which strongly hints to / suggest it is / looks very closely alike to the "original" OKEAH;
    a) an original ?
    b) a Legit?
    c) a Repro / reissue?
    d) a Fake ?

On eBay there are plenty of very good, close to original made & looking but Fake-OKEAH's. If however Volmax makes an close look-alike OKEAH is that "okay", legit and worth a justifiable $1000
    And by releasing this next batch, what is Volmax saying to all those collectors who forked over their money for the "Final"-edition?
    Now these 2011 "Finals" appear to be indeed just 'tourist-OKEAH-gimmicks".

All I can say to the comrades who reacted to the thread I posted a few weeks ago: a BIG thank you They made me change my mind and I bought the year 2000 Titanium Europa instead. It's may not be such a popular model, but the chances are very slim that it will be reproduced, either "Fake" or in some sort of "Legit" form. Now with GB out of the European union, it most likely will stay a Final limited edition.

You're welcome.
    What was the original Okean?
    A military watch not available to the general public.
    What's this?
    Well, if Volmax has the rights to the Sturmanskie brand, than it's a legit reissue.
    Now let's use some common sense.
    Market value of the original Okean (which is very very rare and very very desirable) is around 600 $.
    If so, appropriate price for a reissue would be 300-400, not 1000 $.
    In 5 years there will probably be an Okean Resurrection Edition limited to 100 pieces with a price tag of 2000 $.

Agree with EndeavourDK and Mr. Faust. This is why I posted the above (sarcastic) question ‘is this Okean or Shturmankie?’ It is a ‘money grab’. Price is off the chart, name is a collection of buzzwords to inflate the price and attract inexperienced, continue production past final edition is unethical, etc, etc. not cool.
    OhDark30 and Heinrich Faust like this.

Quote Originally Posted by EndeavourDK View Post
    Thinking a bit more about it, if I less than a month ago would have bought the 2011 Final OKEAH edition (https://forums.watchuseek.com/f10/he...s-5107641.html) only to find out now that the Final isn't that final, I would have been, to say it politely; in a very bad mood
    Don't be upset about buying Final (aka Spanish Forum) edition watch, that watch is still the closest to original OKEAH and many collectors like it more than any other recently made versions of the iconic watch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

This watch was already offered on eBay, for some reason I can't find that listing
    Attached Images Attached Images

JonS1967 likes this.

and Shturmanskie

JonS1967 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by avers View Post
    and Shturmanskie
    Well, this beauty cost me 130 € a year ago. Do the math...
    24h, JonS1967, elsoldemayo and 3 others like this.

Re: New OKEAN/OKEAH and Sturmanskie from Volmax - 2019 edition

Real life pics

Looks to be a nice watch,but certainly not worth £900ish.
    Dial is also far too cluttered with text although I really don't see the problem with having the words ocean and navigator together on a dial.

There are plenty of manufacturers from other countries who utilise previous iconic models to inspire a modern model,so I cannot for the life of me see what others here have issue with,apart from the price or aesthetics of the dials looks

The pushers are more in the style of the original okean and sturmanskie ones whereas the final edition ones from a few years ago are more uniform button in collar style.

I would say in defence of the final edition that I and others here own,that it is a gorgeous watch in it's own right that has a vastly different feel and look to it than any of the historic sturmanskies I have.
    EndeavourDK, 24h, Chascomm and 1 others like this.
    Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you. ~Carl Sandburg

https://www.maier-uhren.de/sturmansk...ting_count=384

Gagarin Vostok powered too , sort of right realy ;)
    jovani likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by joecool View Post
    Looks to be a nice watch,but certainly not worth £900ish.
    Dial is also far too cluttered with text although I really don't see the problem with having the words ocean and navigator together on a dial.

There are plenty of manufacturers from other countries who utilise previous iconic models to inspire a modern model,so I cannot for the life of me see what others here have issue with,apart from the price or aesthetics of the dials looks

The pushers are more in the style of the original okean and sturmanskie ones whereas the final edition ones from a few years ago are more uniform button in collar style.

I would say in defence of the final edition that I and others here own,that it is a gorgeous watch in it's own right that has a vastly different feel and look to it than any of the historic sturmanskies I have.
    Reusing 1 brand is fine. But 2 brands sounds desperate.... Lets assume it is an Ocean (given this is predominantly written on the dial). Did you check the telemeter scale of this so called ‘Ocean’ against a real one? Anything strange? It does not match! I suspect I know why but why would anyone who sails would want to use a watch that has a useless telemeter scale????

Both Ocean and Shturmanskie were made for real military use and had appropriately designed dials. It is hard to marry a watch made for seamen with a watch made for pilots. And incorrect telemeter scale is one of these oddities that would drive me nuts! 🙂
    Heinrich Faust and tokareva like this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast