This is not my week
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Chascomm
  • 1 Post By art1118

Thread: This is not my week

This is not my week

Previously wrote about a Tonneau case WWII 1945 -1985 Victory watch I was having a problem with. Now a 2000+ Ministry case Scuba Dude developed a problem. After setting time and winding, when I turn the crown down just before it sets the minutes hand jumps up two minute marks. What could be causing this?

Re: This is not my week

It sounds like an issue with the keyless works to me, like it's not disengaging properly. I am not an expert though.

Sent from my [null] using lots of coffee

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

With all my Vostoks, the stem does not click down from setting to winding until after I have started screwing down the crown. I suspect that on your watch the wobbly crown is not doing it's thing and disengaging from the stem properly.

Next time, when you push the crown down until you feel it touch the stem tube, try turning it backwards a little bit to see what it does. If the hands turn, then the crown has a problem. If they don't, then this backwards turn action may serve as a workaround. It is also a good pratice for feeling the threads to prevent cross-threading on the screw-down.
    24h and NOTSHARP like this.
    Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Chascomm View Post
    With all my Vostoks, the stem does not click down from setting to winding until after I have started screwing down the crown. I suspect that on your watch the wobbly crown is not doing it's thing and disengaging from the stem properly.

Next time, when you push the crown down until you feel it touch the stem tube, try turning it backwards a little bit to see what it does. If the hands turn, then the crown has a problem. If they don't, then this backwards turn action may serve as a workaround. It is also a good pratice for feeling the threads to prevent cross-threading on the screw-down.
    Thanks for the info. I seem to have solved the problem by pushing the crown against the threads and then winding down slowly.
    Chascomm likes this.