Which one of these three: Spitfire, Strela, or the fame Kirova - Page 2

View Poll Results: Which one would be your choice?

Voters
17. This poll is closed
  • Chronograph Spitfire

3 17.65%
  • Chronograph Strela

9 52.94%
  • Chronograph Kirova

5 29.41%

Thread: Which one of these three: Spitfire, Strela, or the fame Kirova

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Which one of these three: Spitfire, Strela, or the fame Kirova

I'm a big fan of both the Kirova and the Strela. I guess every Russian watch fan should own a Strela, but I love my Kirova just as much as I love my Strelas, and both get a major share of wrist time.

If you're going for the Poljot version of the Strela (the smaller two of the three Strelas above), I'd go for the non-lumed version w/ metal indices. For a $400+ watch like the 38mm Strela, the lumed version has awful lume (and that's coming from someone who thinks Vostok lume is totally acceptable). Mine's a few years old, though- maybe they've improved it. If you want a big Strela and can drop a few extra bucks, the Volmax is really nice. I have the cream-colored version, but I'd also love to have the black version with the lumed hands and indices. Don't let my preferences throw you off, though. You can't lose with a Strela, they're all beautiful watches.

For the Kirova, I prefer either the green or white lume versions -- The Green lume on mine is the best of any of my watches. Also, don't let the color of the strap they come with influence which version you buy -- the straps on those Kirovas look good in photos, but they're crap (I replaced mine with a Hirsch Liberty).

Wow, you guys are really great. I've read all and I do appreciate all opinions. Now my heart tells me to go for a Kirova but my mind says that the Strela is the right one. Still need more advices!! Спасибо!

Sort of a side by side shot, here's a teaser..
    Name:  LGIM0055.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  1.39 MB
    Strela more dress, Buran (in my case but same look) more of a sporty feel.
    At the end of the day your choice, but both are amazing, and both have history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information