Poljot 3133 Okean Woes
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Poljot 3133 Okean Woes

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Poljot 3133 Okean Woes

Hi All,

I bought a Poljot 3133 Okean re-issue on ebay and it has broken twice, and I'm pretty disheartened. I don't know if this watch is just poorly designed, or if I just got unlucky and got a lemon.

I bought the watch in January. In February, the chrono hand started resetting to :01 rather than :00 and I had to send it back. The seller - a guy named sonnenflasche from Germany - fixed it for free, which was nice. But now yesterday, the chrono start button stopped working. It looks like the lever that pushes the plate that engages the gear has slipped behind the plate. You can see it on this photo.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is it common in these watches? Has anyone ever bought from this seller? Did you have any issues with the watches you bought?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bradurani View Post
    Hi All,

I bought a Poljot 3133 Okean re-issue on ebay and it has broken twice, and I'm pretty disheartened. I don't know if this watch is just poorly designed, or if I just got unlucky and got a lemon.

I bought the watch in January. In February, the chrono hand started resetting to :01 rather than :00 and I had to send it back. The seller - a guy named sonnenflasche from Germany - fixed it for free, which was nice. But now yesterday, the chrono start button stopped working. It looks like the lever that pushes the plate that engages the gear has slipped behind the plate. You can see it on this photo.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is it common in these watches? Has anyone ever bought from this seller? Did you have any issues with the watches you bought?

Thanks!

I do not have much experience with the modern watches so take it with a grain of salt: old soviet watches and new watches are completely different things. Maybe the time will prove me wrong. Maybe the re-issued Okeans will work 50 years from now as the old Okeans do. I truly wish this. But I am skeptical. Sorry.

Re: Poljot 3133 Okean Woes

The Poljot 3133 chrono movement has a reputation of being a robust and well-functioning machine but like anything else that complicated it can get out of adjustment. I believe the lever you mentioned should be behind that plate so something else needs adjustment. First I would email the seller and see if they will fix it in case it is a broken part and if you have trouble with them I would send a message to forum comrade slls author of this article: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f54/se...a-3475593.html and usually generous with advice re the 3133.

Good luck!
    joecool likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

At the moment I fail to see what the problem is and I don't understand the description of the problem. Perhaps if you were to go through comrade slls or my walk-through (https://www.watchrepairtalk.com/topi...#comment-62446), you can learn the names of the parts, which would assist you in describing the problem more accurately and assist you in communicating with the seller?

By lack of an exploded view of the 3133 in *.jpg, I included a link to a service manual of the Valjoux 7733 / 7734 / 7736 (were the 3133 movement is based upon) in which you can find on the last page all the parts and their respective names / part numbers.

https://watchguy.co.uk/technical/Val..._7734_7736.pdf

Since a picture says more than a thousand words, you can also make an annotation in your picture; an arrow pointing towards where you think the problem lays?
    Last edited by EndeavourDK; 2 Weeks Ago at 16:13.
    24h likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by EndeavourDK View Post
    At the moment I fail to see what the problem is and I don't understand the description of the problem. Perhaps if you were to go through comrade slls or my walk-through (https://www.watchrepairtalk.com/topi...#comment-62446), you can learn the names of the parts, which would assist you in describing the problem more accurately and assist you in communicating with the seller?

By lack of an exploded view of the 3133 in *.jpg, I included a link to a service manual of the Valjoux 7733 / 7734 / 7736 (were the 3133 movement is based upon) in which you can find on the last page all the parts and their respective names / part numbers.

https://watchguy.co.uk/technical/Val..._7734_7736.pdf

Since a picture says more than a thousand words, you can also make an annotation in your picture; an arrow pointing towards where you think the problem lays?
    Very nice!

As suggested above a better picture would help, preferably with the caseback removed.

The operating arm is in the correct position and should be behind the flyback hammer, if nothing is moving when you press the chrono start button I would say the operating arm has broken, it has a small drop down finger that the button makes contact on.

Cheers...

Name:  broken_poljot.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  3.48 MB

I thought maybe the start lever should be in the groove on the larger plate highlighted? Not sure. The lever moves when I push the button, so the problem is at the other end. It's not causing the larger plate to move

Name:  poljot_highlight.png
Size:  1.31 MB

I thought maybe the start lever should be in the groove on the larger plate highlighted? Not sure. The lever moves when I push the button, so the problem is at the other end. It's not causing the larger plate to move

Quote Originally Posted by bradurani View Post
    Name:  poljot_highlight.png
Size:  1.31 MB

No. This is how it supposed to be.

If you were to compare yours with with mine, you can see that the operating lever (8140) sits also underneath the hammer (8220). If for some reason the hammer doesn't shift, this could be due to an adjustment problem.
    Regardless what the problem is, as I understood, the watch is under warranty and I would not recommend to open it or start fiddling with it; this may (most likely "will") void the warranty. Send it back and let the seller fiddle with it.
    I never dealt with the seller, but he is one of the bigger ones and well known.

I wouldn't say it's a common issue, but that counts more for the older 3133's, produced by Poljot. Poljot went bankrupt (2004) and was taken over by MakTime. MakTime ceased the production of the 3133 by 2011. The original Swiss production line was old and worn and therefor it is unclear where the modern 3133, or their parts, come from ? (China ? )

Here a nice read and "tons" of information; Polmax3133
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by EndeavourDK; 2 Weeks Ago at 18:58. Reason: Spelling
    schnurrp and 24h like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information