Poljot 3133 Won't Wind, But Can Set Time
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By art1118
  • 1 Post By MattBrace
  • 1 Post By MattBrace

Thread: Poljot 3133 Won't Wind, But Can Set Time

Poljot 3133 Won't Wind, But Can Set Time

Hi All,

I have a Poljot 3133 Aviator I and, as the title states, I can't wind it. I purchased it new a few weeks ago and it's worked perfectly. Never dropped or over-wound. Today, I went to wind it and the crown/stem feels like it's just... stuck. I can pull out the crown and set the time just fine, but I can't wind it.

Is this a common issue? Is there a simple fix for it? FYI, the watch still has some power left from its last winding, so it's still ticking at the moment.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by Skyyr; 1 Week Ago at 18:58.

Re: Poljot 3133 Won't Wind, But Can Set Time

Quote Originally Posted by Skyyr View Post
    Hi All,

I have a Poljot 3133 Aviator I and, as the title states, I can't wind it. I purchased it new a month or two ago and it's worked perfectly. Never dropped or over-wound. Today, I went to wind it and the crown/stem feels like it's just... stuck. I can pull out the crown and set the time just fine, but I can't wind it.

Is this a common issue? Is there a simple fix for it? FYI, the watch still has some power left from its last winding, so it's still ticking at the moment.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I would say the setting lever in the keyless works is riding the clutch wheel, it maybe possible to re-set it by removing the Crown/Stem. If not the hands, dial and date complication would need to be removed to access the keyless works and find the issue. A relatively easy fix apart from the Chrono sweep hand that can become loose and cause problems when re-fitted

Cheers...

24h

If you remove the stem from your 3133, put it in the time setting position first!

My YouTube Channel for watch modding and I​nstagram for (mostly) Russian watches

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

HAVE YOU TRIED TAPPING IT AGAINST YOUR HAND A FEW TIMES?
    Skyyr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by art1118 View Post
    HAVE YOU TRIED TAPPING IT AGAINST YOUR HAND A FEW TIMES?
    Ok, so I smacked it solidly against the back of my hand. After 10-12 firm taps of the watch, crown-first, onto my knuckle, I can wind it again. It locked up again after 3 turns, but 4 more taps and it seems to be winding just fine now.

Is this a common issue? Why would this fix it? Could anything be broken with the movement? I was offered a replacement by the seller, so I'd rather err on the side of caution, unless this is a common issue with this type of movement.

As far as I'm aware of, this is not a common issue. If the watch is new and a replacement is offered, I would certainly take that offer .......

Ok, so I smacked it solidly against the back of my hand. After 10-12 firm taps of the watch, crown-first, onto my knuckle, I can wind it again. It locked up again after 3 turns, but 4 more taps and it seems to be winding just fine now.

Is this a common issue? Why would this fix it? Could anything be broken with the movement? I was offered a replacement by the seller, so I'd rather err on the side of caution, unless this is a common issue with this type of movement.
    Further to my suggestion, this may sound like a silly question. Many Russian watches are "Shook Proof". If this is the case, why does tapping against the palm get the watch running again? I have a very nice Poljot signal watch that must be tapped every time to get it running!
    Last edited by art1118; 1 Week Ago at 00:21.

Quote Originally Posted by art1118 View Post

Further to my suggestion, this may sound like a silly question. Many Russian watches a "Shook Proof". If this is the case, why does tapping against the palm get the watch running again? I have a very nice Poljot signal watch that must be tapped every time to get it running!
    Simply because it needs servicing!

Cheers...
    24h likes this.

I am slowly working towards being able to service these but given that I have no spare parts puts a break on my progress. Lucky the issues I had with my 3133 did not involve a complete disassembling. Just cam tuning. Unfortunately the quality will f the new 3133 is not the same as of the old 3133... Do not mean to offend anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Odessa200 View Post
    I am slowly working towards being able to service these but given that I have no spare parts puts a break on my progress. Lucky the issues I had with my 3133 did not involve a complete disassembling. Just cam tuning. Unfortunately the quality will f the new 3133 is not the same as of the old 3133... Do not mean to offend anyone.
    The 3133 is a superb movement to work on, a little tricky to start with but so satisfying to service. They run like a dream. If you need spares pop me a PM.

Cheers...
    NOTSHARP likes this.

Thread Information