Poljot Quartz 3050: the "Saga" continues. - Page 3
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Poljot Quartz 3050: the "Saga" continues.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Poljot Quartz 3050: the "Saga" continues.

Quote Originally Posted by vpn View Post
    while the Raketa/Luch 2356 ....

Luckily, the gap was closed with the debut of the Luch 2350 and the Poljot 2450 movements. Indeed, since the early '70s, the Soviet government put heavy pressures on the local companies, as they thought it was necessary to make Soviet products competitive enough against Western ones.

About Slava, I guess that preferred to continue the production of the 3056 as they've managed to lower the production costs, allowing them to make it at a very low price, rather than investing money to adopt new production lines for the 2356 (after all the 3056A was intended only for the domestic and the Eastern block market). But it's just my opinion.
    There were also Slava 23xx (2356) - check here about some details (На ми€н‹е €елŒс‹ | ˜с‚о€ия ‡асового завода Слава). And I'm not sure how important was the input of raketa and luch in the design of 23xx, compared to , say, NII Chasprom, Slava, and Integral. Slava seems the leader in adopting electronic technologies in watch industry, and Integral was the leader in quartz technologies in the USSR.

Probably I look biased against Raketa, but my teachers in history kept insisting that the history was written by the survivors, that is why I double check every claim which seems to benefit the few current survivors of Soviet watch industry :)
    Last edited by storyteller; April 18th, 2013 at 21:09. Reason: clarification
    vpn likes this.

vpn

Thank you for your detailed info Storyteller! I'd have loved to show the Poljot that arrived today, but due to my attempt at fixing the dial, now I can't set the time anymore, while the date sets without problems. So I've brought it to the watchmaker, hoping that it's just a misalignment issue. I'll also have to look for a spare dial.

The very first issue of Poljot 3050 KR watch was named "ЭКВАР" , Электроника+КВАРц, an abbreviation of two words - "electronics" and "qartz" in Russian. All series that followed the first edition were named Полет or Кварц.
    P.S. Sorry for phone photo, this watch is not mine.

Last edited by Dront; July 29th, 2013 at 02:36.
    Chascomm and nht like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Sorry to necrobump, can I confirm that these use AG12 batteries? Is it a single or dual fitment.

I have just started a thread on the forum about the one that arrived today as I was so impressed with my white dialled Slava CCCP quartz watch and assumed this would be the same but isn't and I quite like the hybrid look.
    Rather sad, slightly mad 3 wheel van toting cat doting ol' timer...

fla

Either AG12 or AG13 is ok for cal.3050. Definitely one of them, may be even both.

Quick query... how available are the parts for these???

I took the back off and putting a new battery in, the motor "shivers" but doesn't turn and I discovered the area under the bridge between large gear wheel and stepper gear, corrosion has eaten about six teeth off the large wheel. I am hopeful the motor is just bound up but with about 15 secs of gear teeth missing it isn't going to work :(
    Rather sad, slightly mad 3 wheel van toting cat doting ol' timer...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information