Q&A Expertise thread: Is this watch legit or a franken? Part 2 - Page 120
Like Tree2372Likes

Thread: Q&A Expertise thread: Is this watch legit or a franken? Part 2

Page 120 of 278 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 170 220 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 2771

Re: Q&A Expertise thread: Is this watch legit or a franken? Part 2

Check this out
    Name:  page1.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  537.5 KB
    but also
    Name:  marioraketa2.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  397.8 KB

the second black dial model seems plain, with no texture, but with added colour ring on the radius of the hour markers. Isn't it possible that paint on this line has been fallen or erased to create a clean black dial? No need to reprint even.
    Also the second hand is wrong, which might suggest that the watch has been tempered with.
    Ivan

Mario, I bought a white dial model without a second hand yesterday and I was searching the catalogue for it when you posted :)
    Dashiell, that's a stunning collection! If my wild suggestion turns out to be correct, you'll be filling some more space in that 700 watch box of yours ;)
    Ivan
    Last edited by Kamburov; March 15th, 2018 at 12:24.
    mroatman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamburov View Post
    It's from the "1987 Catalogue of common consumption goods, book II, part watches", first printed probably in 1986. I've downloaded it together with many other PDF catalogues through a link from this thread, and I don't keep the link to the source. That's many posts back, maybe even in the part 1 of the thread. I thought most of you have it. Will try finding that link, though.
    :) There's mroatman's floral texture dial Vostok with the black baton hands on that same page (I got outbid on this one).

Actually I keep the source page, from the italian forum OROLOGIKO, all sorted by year on that page:

OROLOGIKO ? Leggi argomento - Cataloghi orologi sovietici - Soviet Watches Catalogs

Attachment 12974533
    Attachment 12974537
    Thanks. First time I've seen the type 119 in a catalog with the flat crown.
    Kamburov likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by schnurrp View Post
    Thanks. First time I've seen the type 119 in a catalog with the flat crown.
    I bought an (what I believe) authentic one two weeks ago, the model on the right with flat crown. I had this page ready extracted for that very reason, the crown verification.
    Ivan

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Kamburov View Post
    the second black dial model seems plain, with no texture, but with added colour ring on the radius of the hour markers. Isn't it possible that paint on this line has been fallen or erased to create a clean black dial? No need to reprint even.
    I could be wrong, but I'm guessing the "color ring" is really just how the texture appears in that terrible catalog photo. For example:

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 15.54.50.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  298.1 KB

I don't know what to make of Mario's find, but if it's original, I don't think it's depicted in any catalogs...

Quote Originally Posted by mroatman View Post
    I could be wrong, but I'm guessing the "color ring" is really just how the texture appears in that terrible catalog photo.
    Yes, the photos are terrible, and no description text, very hard to navigate through this.
    Still, on the first page the models have the texture ring and it's hardly visible - on the white model not visible at all, on the black one its visible as is the dial mesh texture .
    On the second page models, suddenly the ring is much more pronounced. Might be still the texture, just different lighting? Take the black one - if the ring is texture shadow/light then that would mean that the dial is flat and no mesh texture. It may not be the Mario's model, but still a flat black dial.
    The logic raises questions about the white models too - if on the second white model the ring is texture (the one you compare with your watch), then what's going on with the first one? All flat and no texture ring? If it has a texture ring then what's the difference between the two models? Chromed and golden variations?
    I think that whatever the outcome, you might wanna keep at least one free space in that box :)
    Ivan

Valley of the three forks of the wolf. Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Neruda View Post
    Skipvel - if it wasn't for the Poljot logo, the guilloche decoration reminds me a lot of some Poljot International models from the 1990s. This said, the caseback looks more recent. Still, there may be some German input?
    Thanks for the input. I thought with the 17 jewels it might be an older legit poljot (they say it's an older watch) but I couldn't google a similar dial. It's 200+ so I wasn't going to jump unless it was poljot; unfortunately the sellers picture of the caseback isn't much help. I just thought someone might recognize it as being genuine.

Comrades Mario and Dashiell, took a little time to check the russian sites and catalogues for that Raketa.
    First of all, Dashiell, you were right and I was wrong. The black and white photos are really that bad, that model's dial does have the mesh texture.
    These are all the models I could find with the discussed dial design. The first 7 of them are from a 1967 Raketa catalogue, and the last 2, in a different case, are from 1975.

All three black face models are textured, they appear in other catalogues with even better quality pictures. None of the family's members has the dial of Mario's example, or even close to it.
    I agree with Dashiell that it looks genuine and not a reprint, but noone seems to have a clue as to what is the watch supposed to look like, or even the case type that it was originally housed in.
    On the bright side, though, Dashiell, you may still find something to add to that excellent collection of yours. Or not? I wouldn't be that surprised if you posted the above colage with your watches :)
    I have nothing more to add for now.
    Ivan
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Neruda View Post
    Skipvel - if it wasn't for the Poljot logo, the guilloche decoration reminds me a lot of some Poljot International models from the 1990s. This said, the caseback looks more recent. Still, there may be some German input?
    I have a new picture of the caseback from the seller. Does it seem like a legit Poljot?
    Name:  P4.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  673.8 KB

Sorry. AND what is the Hep word and the Cta word. Thanks

Stainless Steel

Yes, that certainly now looks like a genuine 1990s caseback. Everything depends on it having a correct Poljot movement inside!
    skipvel likes this.

Thread Information