Q&A Expertise thread: Is this watch legit or a franken? Part 2 - Page 17
Like Tree2372Likes

Thread: Q&A Expertise thread: Is this watch legit or a franken? Part 2

Page 17 of 278 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 67 117 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 2771
  1. #161
    Member Dub Rubb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,559
    Just wondering what you guys think. I am new to these watches and it seems pretty easy to get duped. The case looks to be stainless, as there are dings but no brass. But the crown is definitely chromed. The hands look right to me, but again, I am new. Thank you!
    Attached Images Attached Images




  2. #162
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    263

    Re: Q&A Expertise thread: Is this watch legit or a franken? Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Victorv View Post
    Hello dear comrades, what do you think about this vintage Amphibia?

    Many many thanks in advance

    Enviado desde mi ALE-L21 mediante Tapatalk
    Watch is genuine. Buy it if you like!
    Victorv likes this.

  3. #163
    Member mroatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    7,136

    Re: Q&A Expertise thread: Is this watch legit or a franken? Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by cptwalker View Post
    On another note.. Is this vostok precision legit? Also is that a copper dial? I almost never see this type of dial on russian watches. Blued hands as well?
    Vostok precision class Authentic 22j Cal.2809 USSR (Serviced,Oiled) | eBay
    Quote Originally Posted by schnurrp View Post
    Looks good to me. I think it's the warm lighting that makes that dial look coppery. Yes, blued hands.
    Yep, it's legit, but it has a standard silver sunburst dial. A few other variations (blued hands visible on the gold-plated model):


    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 16.28.53.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  144.5 KB

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #164
    Member mroatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    7,136

    Re: Q&A Expertise thread: Is this watch legit or a franken? Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Victorv View Post
    Hello dear comrades, what do you think about this vintage Amphibia?
    Hands appear repainted. Otherwise legit.


    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 16.34.33.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  157.2 KB

    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 16.34.24.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  205.1 KB

  6. #165
    Member kev80e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Rutland UK
    Posts
    2,778

    Re: Q&A Expertise thread: Is this watch legit or a franken? Part 2

    What do you make of this guy's , it looks original but is it?
    Name:  Screenshot_2017-09-15-23-46-08_kindlephoto-25619221.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  133.2 KB. Name:  Screenshot_2017-09-15-23-46-15_kindlephoto-25638027.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  164.8 KB
    ​I'm afraid one day I will die and my wife will sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them.


  7. #166
    Member schnurrp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    10,463

    Re: Q&A Expertise thread: Is this watch legit or a franken? Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Dub Rubb View Post
    Just wondering what you guys think. I am new to these watches and it seems pretty easy to get duped. The case looks to be stainless, as there are dings but no brass. But the crown is definitely chromed. The hands look right to me, but again, I am new. Thank you!
    You are right about the case and the crown and they appear to be authentic. I would prefer a bezel with a white lume dot for that case type but one like that is often seen. The dial I am not familiar with and so I can't say for sure; maybe somebody else has one and will post a picture. I would say it's 50/50 or less that the dial is authentic. The second hand appears authentic but the hour and minute hands look like the reproduction replacement set pictured below left beside the authentic Vostok set which has a slimmer hour hand and a minute hand with a narrower lume slot. Welcome to the forum!

    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 163
Size:  64.1 KBName:  Capture1.JPG
Views: 155
Size:  18.6 KB

  8. #167
    Member Luis965's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,223

    Re: Q&A Expertise thread: Is this watch legit or a franken? Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by kev80e View Post
    What do you make of this guy's , it looks original but is it?
    Name:  Screenshot_2017-09-15-23-46-08_kindlephoto-25619221.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  133.2 KB. Name:  Screenshot_2017-09-15-23-46-15_kindlephoto-25638027.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  164.8 KB
    This old movement with the silver gears should have the old yellow balance wheel:


  9. #168
    Member kev80e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Rutland UK
    Posts
    2,778

    Re: Q&A Expertise thread: Is this watch legit or a franken? Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Lol965 View Post
    This old movement with the silver gears should have the old yellow balance wheel:

    I think the movement has definitely had some work done on it, I can't see a poljot symbol so my guess is the chronograph bridge was replaced. But the dial is something I don't remember seeing before with 23 rubis antichoc .
    ​I'm afraid one day I will die and my wife will sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them.


  10. #169
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    1,013

    Re: Q&A Expertise thread: Is this watch legit or a franken? Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by kev80e View Post
    I think the movement has definitely had some work done on it, I can't see a poljot symbol so my guess is the chronograph bridge was replaced. But the dial is something I don't remember seeing before with 23 rubis antichoc .
    I don't think i've ever seen a French export Poljot 3133, though Poljot did export a few watch to the French market.
    kev80e likes this.


    "When and from where did i even order this thing?"-Myself whenever a new watch arrives in the mail.

  11. #170
    Member Victorv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    449

    Re: Q&A Expertise thread: Is this watch legit or a franken? Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by GoodNamesWereTaken View Post
    Watch is genuine. Buy it if you like!
    Quote Originally Posted by mroatman View Post
    Hands appear repainted. Otherwise legit.


    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 16.34.33.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  157.2 KB

    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 16.34.24.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  205.1 KB
    Many many thanks guys.

    Hello Dashiell, I read your comment yesterday and asked the seller if the hands had been repainted. He just said no, that's all original.

    As soon as I get there I'll make some better photos and if you want you can give me your opinion, okay?


    Many thanks guys
    mroatman likes this.

Page 17 of 278 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 67 117 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Q&A Expertise thread: Is this watch legit or a franken?
      By emoscambio in forum Russian watches
      Replies: 3394
      Last Post: August 20th, 2017, 15:45
    2. &&&&&&&& WRUW 06/10/2015 &&&&&&&&&&
      By eblackmo in forum Affordable watches
      Replies: 90
      Last Post: October 8th, 2015, 20:56
    3. Replies: 92
      Last Post: May 21st, 2015, 17:36
    4. Replies: 73
      Last Post: May 21st, 2015, 08:19
    5. &&&&&&&& WRUW ON SATURDAY MAY 16th 2015 &&&&&&&&&
      By GDub in forum Affordable watches
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: May 16th, 2015, 04:46

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •