Q&A Expertise thread: Is this watch legit or a franken? Part 2 - Page 34
Like Tree2372Likes

Thread: Q&A Expertise thread: Is this watch legit or a franken? Part 2

Page 34 of 278 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 84 134 ... LastLast

Re: Q&A Expertise thread: Is this watch legit or a franken? Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Dub Rubb View Post
    What do we think about this watch? I am getting familiar with Vostoks, but have no idea what I am looking for elsewhere. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk
    Authentic ZIM Pobeda from the '80s; crown looks a little big, may be a replacement

Quote Originally Posted by schnurrp View Post
    Authentic ZIM Pobeda from the '80s; crown looks a little big, may be a replacement
    Thank you! Are there any particular details to look for that distinguish the real from franken? Things to look for in future Zim purchases? Or are these not faked as often as Vostoks?

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pandy4 View Post
    OK, after MANY hours on this forum and ebay, I think I found a poljot that looks fantastic, would suit my small wrists, has the original dial, and is under $100. Can I get any opinions on the authenticity of the watch? Thank you all!
    Looks good to me, but beware this is a very, very small watch. I like vintage watches (which are usually far smaller than modern watches), but even this is too small for me. Most would call it a ladies watch or a children's watch.

But it seems as though you've done your research, so I hope you enjoy it!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Dub Rubb View Post
    What do we think about this watch? I am getting familiar with Vostoks, but have no idea what I am looking for elsewhere. Thanks in advance!
    Looks good to me (crown included). But as above, beware that this is a very small watch -- roughly child-sized.

Quote Originally Posted by mroatman View Post
    Looks good to me, but beware this is a very, very small watch. I like vintage watches (which are usually far smaller than modern watches), but even this is too small for me. Most would call it a ladies watch or a children's watch.

But it seems as though you've done your research, so I hope you enjoy it!
    I was actually surprised at how much I liked wearing my version and I didn't find it too small at 32mm. Wore it all day with pleasure but this is about as small as I care to wear.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 157
Size:  96.6 KB
    cptwalker likes this.

I bought this one without posting first: hands match the dial I'd say, case looks plausible at least,
    so, gentlemen, is there anything funny according to your valued expert eyes?

I'm not too crazy about this style of picture: definitely not close enough and either the lens is greasy or some filter is used. Hard to tell the condition of the crystal or dial.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by chien-andalou View Post
    I bought this one without posting first: hands match the dial I'd say, case looks plausible at least,
    so, gentlemen, is there anything funny according to your valued expert eyes?

I'm not too crazy about this style of picture: definitely not close enough and either the lens is greasy or some filter is used. Hard to tell the condition of the crystal or dial.
    Good chance it's authentic. Similar to the one below from early '80s pictures. Still can't help but feel queasy when I see a gold and chrome mixed but commonly done by the soviets, evidently.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 135
Size:  49.1 KB

Re: Q&A Expertise thread: Is this watch legit or a franken?

Any thoughts on this bezel and dial? Vostok movement and caseback seem correct. Thanks!
    Name:  komandirskie-pilot.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  134.8 KB

Hello Gentlemen,
    I bought this Amphibia from a local seller here in the Philippines, it just arrived today and cannot be more pleased with it. It truly is a beautiful piece. I've done plenty of research on Vostoks before pulling the trigger on this one but still have my doubts regarding its originality, so I go to the masters for advice. anything off-putting?
    Name:  22386223_1739777799386154_1296516664_n.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  60.2 KBName:  22359460_1739777939386140_791641922_n.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  48.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mailmanmgic View Post
    Hello Gentlemen,
    I bought this Amphibia from a local seller here in the Philippines, it just arrived today and cannot be more pleased with it. It truly is a beautiful piece. I've done plenty of research on Vostoks before pulling the trigger on this one but still have my doubts regarding its originality, so I go to the masters for advice. anything off-putting?
    You have chosen well

This is a Type 320 Vostok Amphibia from pre-1991. The dial is original and correct for the case type, the "12" is the correct faded orange. The hands are original and correct, the lume is sufficiently aged and matches the dial. The bezel is correct for the case and dial, and original (not reproduction). The crown is correct for the case.

Without being able to see the caseback or movement, you should find the caseback has the word "Amphibia" written Cyrillic, and upon opening the case you should find a soft metal (brass) shield covering the movement which provides the antimagnetic shielding as mentioned on the dial. The movement should be a manual wind Vostok 2409 with 17 Jewels.

Enjoy and wear it with a smile.
    Last edited by mariomart; October 9th, 2017 at 16:39.
    cptwalker likes this.

Page 34 of 278 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 84 134 ... LastLast

Thread Information