Q&A Expertise thread: Is this watch legit or a franken? Part 2 - Page 39
Like Tree2227Likes

Thread: Q&A Expertise thread: Is this watch legit or a franken? Part 2

Page 39 of 253 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 89 139 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 2530
  1. #381
    Member Sansoni7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    461

    Re: Q&A Expertise thread: Is this watch legit or a franken? Part 2

    Hi neruda
    Thank you very much for your help.
    Regards


    Step by step i will be there.

  2. #382
    Member schnurrp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    10,386

    Re: Q&A Expertise thread: Is this watch legit or a franken? Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by armanh View Post
    Is it possible the hands were discolored over time? Or that there was a version produced with silver hands?



    $130, and everything else I've seen is in the $220-$250 range.
    That would be tempting if it's stainless and it's working right. Hands on the Okeah are nickel-plated, sturmanskie blue.

    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 134
Size:  152.7 KB

    Name:  Capture1.JPG
Views: 138
Size:  143.3 KB
    Sansoni7 likes this.

  3. #383
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    95

    Re: Q&A Expertise thread: Is this watch legit or a franken? Part 2

    The seller sent me some photos of Vostok Precision.
    I show them below. Is it original?
    Thank you very much.





    cptwalker likes this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #384
    Member Mrutyunjaya Gadanayak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    68

    Re: Q&A Expertise thread: Is this watch legit or a franken? Part 2

    Guys , I am new to Russian watches. I saw this watch in eBay some days ago. Can you please tell me if it's authentic or a Frankenstein?

    Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

  6. #385
    Member mroatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    7,136

    Re: Q&A Expertise thread: Is this watch legit or a franken? Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by armanh View Post
    Is it possible the hands were discolored over time? Or that there was a version produced with silver hands?
    Blued hands are a unique and important feature of this model, in my opinion. I would not buy without -- or would have replacements lined up in advance, as schnurrp suggests.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Luke View Post
    The seller sent me some photos of Vostok Precision.
    I show them below. Is it original?
    Thank you very much.
    Looks good to me: https://plus.google.com/photos/11309...39036073221216


    Quote Originally Posted by Mrutyunjaya Gadanayak View Post
    Guys , I am new to Russian watches. I saw this watch in eBay some days ago. Can you please tell me if it's authentic or a Frankenstein?
    I was leaning toward authentic, but a brief search of the '83 catalog shows one in a different case: https://plus.google.com/photos/11309...39036073221216. To be honest, I didn't look very hard, and still lean toward authentic.

  7. #386
    Member Luis965's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,201

    Re: Q&A Expertise thread: Is this watch legit or a franken? Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Luke View Post
    The seller sent me some photos of Vostok Precision.
    I show them below. Is it original?
    Thank you very much.





    Original export version, correct dial and movement (marked 2809) for a Precision Vostok.

    I was interrupted while answering, if you have the approval of Dashiell everything is certainly ok.
    Last edited by Lol965; October 23rd, 2017 at 22:51.
    cptwalker, Victorv and Sansoni7 like this.

  8. #387
    Member mroatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    7,136

    Re: Q&A Expertise thread: Is this watch legit or a franken? Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by mroatman View Post
    I was leaning toward authentic, but a brief search of the '83 catalog shows one in a different case: https://plus.google.com/photos/11309...39036073221216. To be honest, I didn't look very hard, and still lean toward authentic.
    Oh yeah, here we go: 1975 catalog. If they produced these in gold, surely they were also made in chrome. I vote legit.


    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 23.46.54.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  134.9 KB

  9. #388
    Member Mrutyunjaya Gadanayak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    68

    Re: Q&A Expertise thread: Is this watch legit or a franken? Part 2

    Thanks for the replay guys, this was the 1st time I saw that model and could not find anything like that from Google image search.

    Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

  10. #389
    Member schnurrp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    10,386

    Re: Q&A Expertise thread: Is this watch legit or a franken? Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by mroatman View Post
    Oh yeah, here we go: 1975 catalog. If they produced these in gold, surely they were also made in chrome. I vote legit.


    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 23.46.54.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  134.9 KB
    Hands on bottom one are longer, too, like OP's. '83 catalog showed shorter hands.

  11. #390
    Member schnurrp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    10,386

    Re: Q&A Expertise thread: Is this watch legit or a franken? Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Lol965 View Post
    Original export version, correct dial and movement (marked 2809) for a Precision Vostok.

    I was interrupted while answering, if you have the approval of Dashiell everything is certainly ok.
    Case is different from '70s catalog model but I have a big gap, all the way back to 1960, in catalogs. Have to believe that dial/hands/movement was made with the curved lug case.

    Also if a seller is ever to be trusted to get it right, that's the one, in my opinion. Still always: "Trust, but verify".
    mroatman likes this.

Page 39 of 253 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 89 139 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 1 guests)

  1. EndeavourDK

Similar Threads

  1. Q&A Expertise thread: Is this watch legit or a franken?
    By emoscambio in forum Russian watches
    Replies: 3394
    Last Post: August 20th, 2017, 15:45
  2. &&&&&&&& WRUW 06/10/2015 &&&&&&&&&&
    By eblackmo in forum Affordable watches
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: October 8th, 2015, 20:56
  3. Replies: 92
    Last Post: May 21st, 2015, 17:36
  4. Replies: 73
    Last Post: May 21st, 2015, 08:19
  5. &&&&&&&& WRUW ON SATURDAY MAY 16th 2015 &&&&&&&&&
    By GDub in forum Affordable watches
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 16th, 2015, 04:46

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •