Q&A Expertise thread: Is this watch legit or a franken? Part 2
Like Tree2372Likes

Thread: Q&A Expertise thread: Is this watch legit or a franken? Part 2

Page 1 of 278 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Q&A Expertise thread: Is this watch legit or a franken? Part 2

(This is the continuation from an earlier thread : https://forums.watchuseek.com/f10/q-e...en-894887.html
    Please post here your questions to the forum community, when you suspect something wrong on a watch or just want to be sure. You will surely receive a quick answer from the many experts in different technical fields and different brands.

Do not post in the "
    Franken of the week" thread that is a showcase reserved for undisputably frankened timepieces.
    - the moderator)

I know Slava made quite a few versions of this style watch. But what do you think of this one?

Name:  20170819_202730.jpg
Views: 2736
Size:  107.2 KB

Name:  20170819_202751.jpg
Views: 2734
Size:  141.1 KB
    Last edited by Chascomm; August 20th, 2017 at 15:51.

Re: Q&A Expertise thread: Is this watch legit or a franken?

Hi Guys,

I decided to go for one of the "big" ones

What do you think, is this watch legit?

Okean Ocean Vintage USSR Russian Soviet watch Poljot Chronograph 3133 | eBay

BR,
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by XsiOn View Post
    Hi Guys,

I decided to go for one of the "big" ones

What do you think, is this watch legit?

Okean Ocean Vintage USSR Russian Soviet watch Poljot Chronograph 3133 | eBay

BR,
    Peter
    I don't see anything to complain about with that one, personally, except the price. "Original bracelet" is possible but not certain.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by schnurrp View Post
    I don't see anything to complain about with that one, personally, except the price. "Original bracelet" is possible but not certain.
    schnurrp, what do you think realistic price for Okean would be. I really want this watch but I would not like to overpay it drastically

Quote Originally Posted by XsiOn View Post
    schnurrp, what do you think realistic price for Okean would be. I really want this watch but I would not like to overpay it drastically
    I didn't mean to imply that the price was too high for this watch, just too high for me. I would definitely make an offer for it at a lower price, and enter into a negotiation. You would not be "drastically" overpaying at that price. That seller has sold a couple of shturmanskie 3133s that were re-lumed. I would not like to buy a relumed Okeah for that price. You may want to ask about that.
    XsiOn likes this.

Does anybody have any insight into this model, and any opinions on this example in particular please?

I really like the style and have been looking out for one for a while. This example seems to be in very good condition and have the right case, crown and hands (the arrow second hand is often replaced) but the lume is a bit all over the place.

If anyone has ever seen one of these in a catalogue that would also be a great help. I've failed to find it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stowa Flieger Klassik 40 Ikarus | NTH Amphion Vintage | Seikos old and new | A heap of Vostok Amphibians | A handful of Raketas | A pile of Timexes

still on a quest for a Vostok 'green sea' (?) dial
    watch A all-about-watch
    watch B stasia.ua

hour hand: is definitely flat in watch B (minute hand seems to have a ridge on some pictures, seems flat on most)
    second hand: yeah...

watch B also has a domed crown

cheers
    Peter
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by dmnc View Post
    Does anybody have any insight into this model, and any opinions on this example in particular please?

I really like the style and have been looking out for one for a while. This example seems to be in very good condition and have the right case, crown and hands (the arrow second hand is often replaced) but the lume is a bit all over the place.

If anyone has ever seen one of these in a catalogue that would also be a great help. I've failed to find it myself.

The Cyrillic version can be seen here.
    Hard to tell if this example had been relumed, but should that be the case it doesn't look bad anyway IMHO.

Name:  Raketa-by-m-watches-2609_1_20_09.jpg
Views: 2357
Size:  593.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by dmnc View Post

To me the lume appears to be within expectations for a factory job. You will know immediately upon receipt when it is put in the dark. You could always ask, too. The difference in color between the hands and the dial is not out of the ordinary for one that has received some use since the hand lume is weathering from the front and the back and will discolor differently from the dial. Another inauthentic part that is found on these occasionally is a conventional domed replacement crystal. Authentic crystal is flat with vertical sides which cannot be confirmed from the pictures you have posted. Again, ask the seller. I would consider buying at the right price even if the crystal has been replaced since authentic crystals are not that hard to find.

Quote Originally Posted by schnurrp View Post
    To me the lume appears to be within expectations for a factory job. You will know immediately upon receipt when it is put in the dark. You could always ask, too. The difference in color between the hands and the dial is not out of the ordinary for one that has received some use since the hand lume is weathering from the front and the back and will discolor differently from the dial. Another inauthentic part that is found on these occasionally is a conventional domed replacement crystal. Authentic crystal is flat with vertical sides which cannot be confirmed from the pictures you have posted. Again, ask the seller. I would consider buying at the right price even if the crystal has been replaced since authentic crystals are not that hard to find.
    It does indeed have a dome. So many of them do that I thought nothing of it.

Stowa Flieger Klassik 40 Ikarus | NTH Amphion Vintage | Seikos old and new | A heap of Vostok Amphibians | A handful of Raketas | A pile of Timexes

Page 1 of 278 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread Information