Questions about "skinning" a Komandirskie

Thread: Questions about "skinning" a Komandirskie

Questions about "skinning" a Komandirskie

Hi everyone! I've been craving the bronze/brass look for a while so I bought a Komandirskie 811289 and I'm planning to give it an acid bath. I've never done a mod like this and after perusing the many threads about this on this forum, I had a few questions. I don't want to ruin the watch, even though it's cheap!

1. I can buy a container of 30% concentrated muriatic acid and I've seen some people say they just put the watch in the 30% solution and others say diluting it down ot 10% is more than strong enough. Is it probably safer to dilute or is 30% a good concentration?

2. Also, some people have said the crystal is safe to leave on the case while in the acid and others say the crystal can get weakened/damaged by the acid. I don't want to risk messing up the crystal in the acid but it would be nice to not have to remove it so can I leave it on?

3. I would like to put the crown in as well so it matches the case and bezel but some wrote that the acid damaged the crown stem. I definitely don't want an unusable crown so is it unsafe to put it in the acid?

Thank you so much for reading and any advice is appreciated!!!!!

Re: Questions about "skinning" a Komandirskie

Have you seen my tutorial for brass mods. It is on "komandirskie lets see them" page 149.

Name:  20190316_094719.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  1.34 MB
    Name:  20181231_160846.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  1.56 MB
    This is 92 case brass komandirskie-scuba dude mod.
    Last edited by Utva_56; 5 Days Ago at 11:46.

Thread Information