Questions for the wise….

Thread: Questions for the wise….

Questions for the wise….

Questions for the wise….

I’m a long time watch aficionado but new to Russian watches.

Couple of questions I would like to get answered as I get into this new phase of my mania - ‘Vostok Amphibiaitis’. I have been chasing links and threads but not really finding solid answers to these questions…

I have a current production Tonneau case 090660 incoming to start with…

Name:  Amphibian 090660.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  42.9 KB

I am also about to pull the trigger on another couple of vintage pieces - a 320199 Sniper dial…

Name:  Amphibia 320.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  258.6 KB

And the round cased original style (420? I’m not sure of its designation)…

Name:  Amphibia 420.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  163.1 KB

• Of the aftermarket replacement Stainless steel bezels available what size do I order for these?

• The two sizes I seem to see are 37.5mm and 40.1mm. Are they the only 2 sizes and do the smaller sizes fit the original series cases?

• With the vintage pieces are components like crowns, gaskets, acrylic crystals etc still available?

• How do the current production Amphibia case numbers match up with the historic case designations?

• For example the 320 case does not seem to be built but a fractionally larger case the 670 is being produced - do these equate with each other?

Any help or insights on these questions would be helpful, Thank you all...!
    Longstride.

Anonimo/Sinn/Kobold/O&W
    CWC/Rolex/MKII/Seiko/Fortis

Re: Questions for the wise….

The stainless bezels need to be purchased to match the case number, most sites will tell you what fits, if you don't match the bezel to the case number it will still fit but will make winding very difficult. Parts are still Avaliable from Meramom or other sites for vintage models, most cases ares the same as historic ones since they are pretty much still using the same tooling

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

There are a couple of stores in the same city as the manufacturer - meranom and chistipol city. Of the two, meranom is the go to place for spare parts as far as I know. Stock seems always a bit limited, but refreshes periodically. You can get cases, bezels, seals, crystals, movements, case backs, etc. Or they will build a watch for you from the parts you designate for like $5. Kind of like Omega does. I don't think finer parts are really necessary, as complete movements are like $40. They list the cases that all their parts fit. For bezels, some are universal, some are case specific.

these are the cases, but I don't know how they match up with others that are not listed here

Name:  vostok-case-sizes.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  246.9 KB

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Oh, and have fun!

Thread Information