Raketa big zero black dial suspicious ???

Thread: Raketa big zero black dial suspicious ???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Raketa big zero black dial suspicious ???

Hello all im new to the forum.
    I recently bought a raketa big zero black with white markings from samun off ebay.
    I posted it in the "show us your big zeros" thread, to which someone has pointed out maybe the dial is not original due to poor printing of the white on black.
    I would be grateful for some of your opinions on this please.
    Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Raketa big zero black dial suspicious ???

In total smartly these hours.

Looks fine to me, I wouldn't worry.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Looks totally legit to me too, dial/case/movt. Only the hands seem a bit too shiny and "fresh from China" but It might just be the picture.

Have fun with it

The small dial and large dial versions have slightly different dials and I think this confuses people thinking that one or the other is the only correct one.

From '89 catalog:

From '83 catalog:

Looks fine to me too. Samun only sells legitimate watches.

Thank you all for the comments. I wasnt too concerned myself, it was just what another user commented so i thought i would ask more people what they thought. Which confirms what i thought. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, this is me who is suspicious about these watches, but perhaps it's for nothing.

Name:  _57-1b10.jpg
Views: 841
Size:  251.0 KB

I have one and I like it but the fact is that I thought that no black “big-zero” dials where existing with the big case.
    I also feel that the printings are poorest on this black dial than on the same-but-white dials or on the “black big-zero” dials used in the little round cases : on this big black dial, the white painting is not very sharp and don't cover the black very well.
    On the little black dials used in round cases, this problem doesn't exist.
    I already have 3 other ussr big-zero : two big cases with white dials and one little case with black dial, so I can compare.
    What I can see is that my other “big zero” dials from soviet era are very well printed, with very thin markings.
    I have seen late big-zero russian dials from the 90's with poor printings and this black dial make me think about them.

I know that the little and big “big zero” dials have few differences :
    - indexes on little dials are pointed and the end of the numbers are squarred.
    - indexes and end of numbers on big dials are rounded.

It seems that everything in the design of this big black big-zero is correct except that it is... black !

But the other fact is that before buying mine to Samun, months ago, I have never seen any other like that, and now I have never seen this watch somewhere else.
    I trust in Samun which is one of the best ebay seller of russian watches (probably the best for Raketa watches) and I bought him many watches but I am still suspicious on the origin of these watches that I have never seen in any Raketa catalogues for example.
    Samun have sold dozens of these big black “big zero” but I have never seen any other somewhere else...

I've written to Samun to ask him the origin of these watches and he told me that he have bought all of them to a watchmaker who had them from different people.
    He also says that he have seen these watches before in many great collections.

To end this round-up, I have to say that one of the watches Samun sold have a date hand-written on it's back (11.12.86) which could be a proof that this watch is genuine.
    ... Or not !

Personnally, I like this watch and I have one : franken or legit one, no matter, I will keep mine, but I would just like to know more on it and/or try to find the story of these black big-zero...
    Sorry to ask myself so many questions, probably for nothing.

The big zero, while a desirable watch which every soviet collection should include, are not that hard to find in decent condition at a moderate price so the motive for faking is really not there.

Quote Originally Posted by schnurrp View Post
    The big zero, while a desirable watch which every soviet collection should include, are not that hard to find in decent condition at a moderate price [...]
    200% agree !!!

Quote Originally Posted by schnurrp View Post
    [...] so the motive for faking is really not there.
    So...
    What to say about that :

Name:  aky9c.jpg
Views: 870
Size:  166.9 KBName:  $_12.JPG
Views: 781
Size:  27.2 KB

Name:  $_10-1.JPG
Views: 786
Size:  49.2 KBName:  $_10.JPG
Views: 794
Size:  69.8 KB

Name:  Big Zero guess.jpg
Views: 813
Size:  67.1 KB

Name:  raketa11.jpg
Views: 903
Size:  93.2 KB

Name:  3f96179bceacb4f05bf56dbf3773d1e0058b16153688698c.jpg
Views: 821
Size:  149.0 KB

Name:  1164089d1374498538-raketa-big-zero-real-deal-1153956d1373695937-fake-raketa-big-zero-made-china-.jpg
Views: 830
Size:  109.5 KB

Unfortunately, “moderate price” for us equals sometimes many weeks of work in eastern countries...

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f10/fak...ml#post6541579

Few years ago, Raketa itself says that 90% of the new Raketa watches for sale were fake or franken...
    Last edited by Chronotopos; July 22nd, 2014 at 17:10. Reason: More pictures

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information