Raketa Watch Factory - Page 10
Like Tree309Likes

Thread: Raketa Watch Factory

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Re: Raketa Watch Factory

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Hedgehog View Post
    Yeah, a lot seems to have been removed from the website.

I’d love a modern Pobeda Red 12, with 2609 movement and 20mm lugs.
    When they brought Pobeda back I thought it was as their cheap quartz line.

Instagram @open_escapement

Quote Originally Posted by JacobC View Post
    When they brought Pobeda back I thought it was as their cheap quartz line.
    It was. But since that seems to have disappeared, and they’ve stopped making hand wound Raketas, a man can dream.

Quote Originally Posted by dinkan View Post
    The 2609 is a beautiful movement. I've bought a display glass back just to able to look at the movement on one of my vintage Raketas.

Attachment 14800773

I found this 2609 movement a few years ago. Now it's one of my future projects to find a case and dial for the movement. I love this movement.

Attachment 14800791
    Yes, it's a beautiful movement. It was developed by the Factory in the 50s and it was called Rossiya (Russia) (it also has a nickname: Baltika). This movement was very successful but later evolved into the current Raketa manual movement. Basically, the current Raketa movement kept the best of all the different movements that were previously produced by the Factory. From your movement Rossiya, it kept 2 things: the manual winding system and the gear train, which are still used today in all Raketa watches. We still have all the technical drawings of this movement. Maybe one day in the future .....
    dinkan likes this.
    Raketa Watch Factory
    David Henderson-Stewart

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Kamburov View Post
    Please send greetings to Lyudmila from Bulgaria! With wishes of good health for her and her family!
    I also noticed the Pobeda logotype at the back, which reminded me that the brand production was resurected at the factory in recent years. I have a big affection for Pobeda. What movements are powering the new pobedas?
    Ivan
    Pobeda had its own mechanical movement, but since it was clearly too difficult for us to produce 2 different mechanical movements (Raketa & Pobeda), we decided to focus all our energy on Raketa's mechanical movement. Pobeda watches therefore have a quartz movement. For the moment, we stopped offering Pobeda watches outside Russia because there wasn't enough sale to justify keeping a stock of Pobeda watches in Europe (people outside Russia are clearly more interested in Raketa mechanical watches).
    Raketa Watch Factory
    David Henderson-Stewart

It was. But since that seems to have disappeared, and they’ve stopped making hand wound Raketas, a man can dream.
    Oh I see what you're saying. I could be way into that idea.

Dave: Raketa only has automatic movements because, unfortunately, there really isn't enough demand for manual watches to justify keeping a production line working. Raketa is not (yet!) as big as Swatch Group (ETA) which can produce simultaneously many different movements. However, the Raketa Watch Factory has specially relaunched the production of its famous manual 24H movement "2623" for the limited re-edition of the Soviet Raketa Polar watch that will come out in March. As a matter of fact, I think that we'll open a new thread concerning this Polar watch because it's really an extremely interesting topic.
    dinkan and OnyxNight like this.
    Raketa Watch Factory
    David Henderson-Stewart

I don't want to interfere with your development of the new Raketa Polar edition but wouldn't it be a nice thing to let Ludmilla put her personal sign somewhere on the new edition of the Raketa Polar watch? Somewhere discrete on the movement perhaps? It doesn't have to dominate the look of the watch. Just a thought.
    Is it possible to buy a spare case of the new edition of the Raketa Polar? I'm dreaming of putting the Rossiya movement in that case.
    Last edited by dinkan; January 22nd, 2020 at 10:13.
    My collection: http://www.gallerie.se

Quote Originally Posted by Raketa Watch Factory View Post
    For the moment, we stopped offering Pobeda watches outside Russia because there wasn't enough sale to justify keeping a stock of Pobeda watches in Europe (people outside Russia are clearly more interested in Raketa mechanical watches).
    Didn’t realise you still had the quartz Pobeda’s in Russia. It’s just a shame the 40mm version has the same 18mm lug width as the 34mm version.

Quote Originally Posted by Raketa Watch Factory View Post
    Dave: Raketa only has automatic movements because, unfortunately, there really isn't enough demand for manual watches to justify keeping a production line working. Raketa is not (yet!) as big as Swatch Group (ETA) which can produce simultaneously many different movements. However, the Raketa Watch Factory has specially relaunched the production of its famous manual 24H movement "2623" for the limited re-edition of the Soviet Raketa Polar watch that will come out in March. As a matter of fact, I think that we'll open a new thread concerning this Polar watch because it's really an extremely interesting topic.
    David, how are the manual wind calibers serviced if there's no production of parts?

Since we now kind of entered the requests phase on this thread, I would like to see Raketa produce a refined (if I may use this word) dress watch
    Dress watches are my favourite!
    Victorv likes this.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread Information