Raketa Watch Factory - Page 12
Like Tree309Likes

Thread: Raketa Watch Factory

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Re: Raketa Watch Factory

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    What happened to the section on your website that had the old Raketa catalogues? Bring it back! Add more to it!

Anyway, here's a couple of mine, old and new:

And here's a Skip Barber racing car that I skinned and drove in iRacing:

We totally re-wrote Raketa's website a few months ago and still haven't had the time to bring back some of the pages of the old website (including the old catalogues). We'll do it. Very nice car!!! If you send me a screen video of your car in action during a race, we would be really proud to post it on Instagram.
    thewatchadude and stevarad like this.
    Raketa Watch Factory
    David Henderson-Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by Chronotopos View Post
    IMHO, most of the watches (from many brands) are actually very thick and I don’t think it’s enough elegant to fit dress watches.
    It would be a very nice surprise for me to see a rebirth of ultra slim mechanical dress watches as 2209 Raketa and Poljot were.

We also have the technical drawings of the ultra thin Raketa 2209 movement. Its nickname was "Record" because it was developed beginning of 60s, an age when everyone was trying to break records, such as the first manned flight in space by Gagarin in 1961: when this movement came out, it was the thinnest of all Soviet movements: 2,7mm!!! This would indeed be ideal for a dress watch. Maybe one day we'll have the strength and time to re-launch it.
    Chronotopos, stevarad and Ole Juul like this.
    Raketa Watch Factory
    David Henderson-Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by Raketa Watch Factory View Post
    We also have the technical drawings of the ultra thin Raketa 2209 movement. Its nickname was "Record" because it was developed beginning of 60s, an age when everyone was trying to break records, such as the first manned flight in space by Gagarin in 1961: when this movement came out, it was the thinnest of all Soviet movements: 2,7mm!!! This would indeed be ideal for a dress watch. Maybe one day we'll have the strength and time to re-launch it.
    The record for thinnest movement was broken in 1965 though, with the introduction of Poljot 2200. It was only 1.85mm and very fragile – it disappeared after just one year of production.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks. I'll just post some info on the Soviet Polar watch re-edition on this thread that you sent me above.
    Raketa Watch Factory
    David Henderson-Stewart

OK thanks, I'll just post in this thread. D.
    Raketa Watch Factory
    David Henderson-Stewart

IMHO, most of the watches (from many brands) are actually very thick and I don’t think it’s enough elegant to fit dress watches.
    It would be a very nice surprise for me to see a rebirth of ultra slim mechanical dress watches as 2209 Raketa and Poljot were.
    https://www.grand-seiko.com/us-en/sp...20th_elegance/
    I don't have too many watches! I have too few wrists!

Pardon the double post.

https://www.grand-seiko.com/us-en/sp...20th_elegance/
    I don't have too many watches! I have too few wrists!

Well...

Are you kidding guys ?
    Comparing less 750 / 1500$ watches with Rolex or 7600, 25000, 57000 and 76000$ Grand Seiko ????

Here is the f10 forum of russian watches and the Raketa factory thread !!!

It's a non-sens to compare Rolex and Grand Seiko to Russian watches (or to other affordable / well-built / 100% in-house watch brands)
    With no price limit it's easy to find some far more elegant and thinner watches from many brands.

I answered this :

Quote Originally Posted by joaot View Post
    Since we now kind of entered the requests phase on this thread, I would like to see Raketa produce a refined (if I may use this word) dress watch
    Dress watches are my favourite!
    Quote Originally Posted by haha View Post
    Agree. A real range of casual and dress watches of reasonable size would be great.
    And I agreed, thinking, for exemple, that Raketa Atom / Yalta recent reissues were not as elegant and refine than the original.
    chronotopos soviet watches collection
    instagram ......... https://www.instagram.com/chronotopos_soviet_watches
    facebook .......... https://www.facebook.com/david.chronotopos

Quote Originally Posted by Raketa Watch Factory View Post
    Further to your message, I've spoken to our Production director and to Ludmilla Y. She agreed to hand-engrave a "personal sign" on the movement or on the caseback of your Polar watch (should you decide to get one, of course). Just tell me if you do so that I can organise this. D.
    If I would decide to get a Raketa Polar? I was faster than a Jeopardy participant on the order button on Raketas site. )) I've been looking for the original Raketa Polar for several years. No luck so this edition is really good news to me. I understand that it's not the same as the original but it's close enough for me. The search for an original continues of course.
    Since Ludmilla Y. was part of the engineering team that developed Raketa's manual movement "2609" I would be very glad if she would hand-engrave her signature on the caseback of my watch. Fantastic!
    My order is #8754 at Raketa.
    My collection: http://www.gallerie.se

Hi all! I just wanted to feedback about my visit to the Raketa factory which I've literally just finished!

It was an absolutely great experience, fascinating to see all the work that goes into making these amazing watches! Ekaterina the guide was also brilliant and was very interesting to talk tom Whilst I can't afford one of their latest creations this has only made my current Raketas all the more special to me!

One curiosity I noticed in their museum was the watch below, printed with the sub-brand "электронные" or "electric". I wondered if anyone knew anymore about these watches? They look stunning!

Also on a side note I also visited the Creative Studio in Moscow. Tonya was a great host, although there's not a huge amount to see there Vs the museum. One thing I thought was very curious was that in their small shop/museum there they were featuring an old Copernicus... However it had a black case, yet a silver face!! As far as I'm aware that was never a standard design. If the factory themselves are happy to mix up the parts, are we being too picky with "Frankenstein's"? Debate haha!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread Information