Raketa Watch Factory - Page 13
Like Tree309Likes

Thread: Raketa Watch Factory

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Re: Raketa Watch Factory

Quote Originally Posted by dinkan View Post
    If I would decide to get a Raketa Polar? I was faster than a Jeopardy participant on the order button on Raketas site. )) I've been looking for the original Raketa Polar for several years. No luck so this edition is really good news to me. I understand that it's not the same as the original but it's close enough for me. The search for an original continues of course.
    Since Ludmilla Y. was part of the engineering team that developed Raketa's manual movement "2609" I would be very glad if she would hand-engrave her signature on the caseback of my watch. Fantastic!
    My order is #8754 at Raketa.
    OK. Consider it done.
    Sergeant Major and dinkan like this.
    Raketa Watch Factory
    David Henderson-Stewart

Very interesting watch, yekaterinburg, wonder what's inside! Also a bit jealous about your tour
    You have a point on the mixing of parts. I guess there were many experimental designs and variations in the watch factories, some may have even found their way on the market. What is the chance finding a genuine factory mix among the avalanche of garage frankens, though? I bet it's a very, very small one

Quote Originally Posted by Raketa Watch Factory View Post
    We also have the technical drawings of the ultra thin Raketa 2209 movement. Its nickname was "Record" because it was developed beginning of 60s, an age when everyone was trying to break records, such as the first manned flight in space by Gagarin in 1961: when this movement came out, it was the thinnest of all Soviet movements: 2,7mm!!! This would indeed be ideal for a dress watch. Maybe one day we'll have the strength and time to re-launch it.
    The old hand wound 2609 is slim enough for most dress watches with the added bonus of being near indestructible. The 2209 was a little delicate.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Raketa Watch Factory

I have two 2609 based modern Raketa watches due for service that both need replacement parts and I'm just dreading the DHL bill to get them back to the factory service center.

Hopefully Raketa can establish a North American service center soon. If they didn't need modern parts it would be pretty simple to have them serviced.

Instagram @open_escapement

This is an interesting one. The Raketa 2409. The inscription of the watch dates it back to 1969. From what I have heard the production was moved to Chistopol in the early seventies. Really love to know more about it from Raketa.

Name:  IMG_1361.jpeg
Views: 81
Size:  3.17 MB

Name:  IMG_1363.jpeg
Views: 79
Size:  1.95 MB

Name:  IMG_1367.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  2.31 MB

Quote Originally Posted by JacobC View Post
    I have two 2609 based modern Raketa watches due for service that both need replacement parts and I'm just dreading the DHL bill to get them back to the factory service center.

Hopefully Raketa can establish a North American service center soon. If they didn't need modern parts it would be pretty simple to have them serviced.

As a matter of fact, we are actually looking for a service center in North America. We would be really grateful if someone could recommend one for us.
    reporterreporter likes this.
    Raketa Watch Factory
    David Henderson-Stewart

Raketa Watch Factory

As a matter of fact, we are actually looking for a service center in North America. We would be really grateful if someone could recommend one for us.
    RGM has the best service of any that I've used

Right Time International Watch Center in Denver, CO has a good reputation and is an authorized service center for many brands. I haven't used them myself (yet) but I think they're worth checking out: https://www.righttime.com

Quote Originally Posted by yekaterinburg View Post
    Hi all! I just wanted to feedback about my visit to the Raketa factory which I've literally just finished!

It was an absolutely great experience, fascinating to see all the work that goes into making these amazing watches! Ekaterina the guide was also brilliant and was very interesting to talk tom Whilst I can't afford one of their latest creations this has only made my current Raketas all the more special to me!

One curiosity I noticed in their museum was the watch below, printed with the sub-brand "электронные" or "electric". I wondered if anyone knew anymore about these watches? They look stunning!

Also on a side note I also visited the Creative Studio in Moscow. Tonya was a great host, although there's not a huge amount to see there Vs the museum. One thing I thought was very curious was that in their small shop/museum there they were featuring an old Copernicus... However it had a black case, yet a silver face!! As far as I'm aware that was never a standard design. If the factory themselves are happy to mix up the parts, are we being too picky with "Frankenstein's"? Debate haha!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    Hello: from what I understand, this watch has the movement "3056" which was the very first electro-mechanical movement produced by the Raketa Watch Factory in 1976: basically it's a mechanical movement powered by a battery. The battery had an autonomy of 1 year. You can see below some photos of this movement.

Name:  27-1.jpg
Size:  55.5 KBName:  27-2.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  48.4 KBName:  27-3.jpg
Size:  57.8 KB
    Raketa Watch Factory
    David Henderson-Stewart

Raketa Watch Factory

Hello: from what I understand, this watch has the movement "3056" which was the very first electro-mechanical movement produced by the Raketa Watch Factory in 1976: basically it's a mechanical movement powered by a battery. The battery had an autonomy of 1 year. You can see below some photos of this movement.

Name:  27-1.jpg
Size:  55.5 KBName:  27-2.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  48.4 KBName:  27-3.jpg
Size:  57.8 KB
    These days 1 year is pretty lousy, in 1976 money that must've been a real feat to accomplish.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread Information