Raketa Watch Factory - Page 14
Like Tree303Likes

Thread: Raketa Watch Factory

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Re: Raketa Watch Factory

Hi David. Glad you made this first big step in joining the community. I have some questions regarding the Raketa 2609HA and the Big Zero wristwatch and pocket watch whic I wonder whether you can answer with your insights into the factory

1. When was the bevelled edge 2409HA movement produced from and to?
    2. When was the Big Zero model launched? I can see it in th 1989 catalogue and press references to it in 1985
    3. When was the Big Zero pocket watch launched? Again, I can only see this in the 1989 catalogue.

Any help would be great

Regards

David

Hello.

I use to think this dial is a fake one as these watches appears on the bay since only few years and the printing quality seems really poor to me.
    I think I've seen few months or years ago a watercolor with this dial design, shown by raketa communication, but from what I think to know, these watches were never produced.
    Could you tell me if I am right or wrong ?

This drives me to another question : why did you choose a golden case for your Raketa SAE new edition in place of a silver one ?
    I know the watercolor you own in Raketa archives shows a gold case but I think all the real Raketa SAE had silver case, am I right ?
    chronotopos soviet watches collection
    instagram ......... https://www.instagram.com/chronotopos_soviet_watches
    facebook .......... https://www.facebook.com/david.chronotopos

Concerning your first question, I'll ask someone to look in our (huge) archive of watercolours.

Concerning your second question: the reason we chose a golden case is simply to stay as close as possible to the original watercolour made by Raketa's designers and officially approved & signed by V.M. Rogachev, second-in-command of the Soviet Antarctic Expedition, who also stamped it with the official seal of the USSR “Arctic and Antarctic Research Institute”. Stamps and signatures being VERY important in the USSR (more than in our part of the world -::)), the Factory was therefore obliged in 1970 to produce the first watches in conformity with the officially approved design (otherwise - Gulag!) (in later productions, the case was sometimes in stainless steel). See below photos.

Name:  1111.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  119.2 KB
    Name:  polar.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  95.4 KB
    Name:  polar1.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  114.4 KB
    dinkan, joaot, Chronotopos and 2 others like this.
    Raketa Watch Factory
    David Henderson-Stewart

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I like the photos on Raketas site. Fantastic! *hahaha*
    Name:  Raketa_Ant11.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  41.7 KBName:  Raketa_Ant12.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  45.7 KBName:  Raketa_Ant13.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  81.4 KB
    Victorv and JacobC like this.
    My collection: http://www.gallerie.se

Quote Originally Posted by Raketa Watch Factory View Post
    Hello: from what I understand, this watch has the movement "3056" which was the very first electro-mechanical movement produced by the Raketa Watch Factory in 1976: basically it's a mechanical movement powered by a battery. The battery had an autonomy of 1 year. You can see below some photos of this movement.

Attachment 14817267Attachment 14817269Attachment 14817271
    Thanks, this is really interesting! I can't seem to find any up for sale on Etsy or eBay, I assume it wasn't a widely used movement?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

3056 was the first quartz movement back in 1976.

This looks like a straight electromechanical, without quartz, and therefore much earlier, as in early 1960s. There was a Slava made around that time, with a design very close to the Epperlein 100
    Slava - Electric Watches
    ...but this Raketa is a distinctly different design.

Looks like you've found a Missing Link in the evolution of the Soviet electronic watch.
    Kamburov and Kirill Sergueev like this.
    Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

Here is a video featured on my webpage of the first electro-mechanical watch at the Petrodvorets Watch Factory (Raketa) featured in a Soviet news film in 1961.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronotopos View Post
    Hello.

I use to think this dial is a fake one as these watches appears on the bay since only few years and the printing quality seems really poor to me.
    I think I've seen few months or years ago a watercolor with this dial design, shown by raketa communication, but from what I think to know, these watches were never produced.
    Could you tell me if I am right or wrong ?

This drives me to another question : why did you choose a golden case for your Raketa SAE new edition in place of a silver one ?
    I know the watercolor you own in Raketa archives shows a gold case but I think all the real Raketa SAE had silver case, am I right ?
    Hello: we couldn't find in our archives the watercolour of this watch and none of our remaining "old" workers remembers this exact model. However, I think this watch looks very much like a real Raketa watch and everyone around me at the "Raketa Creative Studio" is quite sure that it is a real Raketa watch.
    JacobC likes this.
    Raketa Watch Factory
    David Henderson-Stewart

Anyone not in the EU order a watch off the France-based site and not pay the French 20% VAT?
    This Polar 0270 commemorative re-issue is the first watch from any brand in a long while that's got me excited enough to log in and post!

I ran a test run with the online shopping cart in order to get an idea of total costs involved but the price didn't change no matter what country I put in, EU or not. Is the VAT removed at a later screen? Do I have to pay French taxes even if I'm not in the region at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Speaker View Post
    Anyone not in the EU order a watch off the France-based site and not pay the French 20% VAT?
    This Polar 0270 commemorative re-issue is the first watch from any brand in a long while that's got me excited enough to log in and post!

I ran a test run with the online shopping cart in order to get an idea of total costs involved but the price didn't change no matter what country I put in, EU or not. Is the VAT removed at a later screen? Do I have to pay French taxes even if I'm not in the region at all?
    We just bought an Amphibia for review here in the US and paid no VAT. It's likely removed at a later screen. I honestly didn't pay it much attention.

Instagram @open_escapement

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast