Like Tree308Likes

Thread: Raketa Watch Factory

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 157
  1. #141
    Member RedFroggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    London, Praha, Bzh
    Posts
    2,033

    Re: Raketa Watch Factory

    Various «Raketa related» photos

    https://www.thomasgoisque-photo.com/...=report&id=129
    elsoldemayo, Chascomm and Vost like this.

  2. #142
    Member RedFroggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    London, Praha, Bzh
    Posts
    2,033

    Re: Raketa Watch Factory

    Privet David,

    I love divers & military style simple watches. The Raketa Amphibia is one of the greatest utilitarian but cool "diver/tool-watch" and rightly fits your range as the "sport/action" piece.

    IMO, glass backcases and other decorated movements are frivolous expensive gimmicks that may have their place on "jewellery/diner parties show-off" watches but that are totally superfluous to such kind of serious diving instrument that is supposed to be put through its paces and eventually bear scars of hard-use . I'd dare to even say they are a bit poncy and actually denature what is supposed to be primarily a robust tool .

    In light of the above I was wondering if you had any plans to offer the Amphibia range, such as the W-85-16-30-0253 with
    - a plain backcase ,
    - anti reflective crystal,
    - slightly fatter numbers & hour hand ,
    - flatter crown (you can keep that "pretty" red dot... )
    - and maybe fine textured dial more in tune with the original,
    - hacking movement & drilled lugs would of course be the icing...

    In other words, more a serious diver with a Raketa pedigree that would be worth the asking price than your expensive current fashion statement offering ?
    Last edited by RedFroggy; 1 Week Ago at 11:53.

  3. #143
    Member EndeavourDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,009

    Re: Raketa Watch Factory

    Quote Originally Posted by RedFroggy View Post
    I just discovered this thread (sorry ! ) and looked at the very interesting pictures given in the link above. I was a bit struck & baffled by the seemingly high average age of the pictured work-force. No big assembly rooms full of young folks ?
    stevarad likes this.
    “The more I read & learn, the more I realize how little I know. And even what I think I know, I start to doubt"

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #144
    Member stevarad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Serbia
    Posts
    2,016

    Re: Raketa Watch Factory

    Quote Originally Posted by EndeavourDK View Post
    I just discovered this thread (sorry ! ) and looked at the very interesting pictures given in the link above. I was a bit struck & baffled by the seemingly high average age of the pictured work-force. No big assembly rooms full of young folks ?
    This is good question.

    David, what is situation with young blood in factory?

    Послато са SM-N950F помоћу Тапатока

  6. #145
    Member JacobC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    3,179

    Re: Raketa Watch Factory

    Quote Originally Posted by stevarad View Post
    This is good question.

    David, what is situation with young blood in factory?

    Послато са SM-N950F помоћу Тапатока
    I think they still have that academy for training up kids, not sure if it's still in use though

  7. #146
    Member JacobC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    3,179

    Raketa Watch Factory

    Quote Originally Posted by RedFroggy View Post
    Privet David,

    I love divers & military style simple watches. The Raketa Amphibia is one of the greatest utilitarian but cool "diver/tool-watch" and rightly fits your range as the "sport/action" piece.

    IMO, glass backcases and other decorated movements are frivolous expensive gimmicks that may have their place on "jewellery/diner parties show-off" watches but that are totally superfluous to such kind of serious diving instrument that is supposed to be put through its paces and eventually bear scars of hard-use . I'd dare to even say they are a bit poncy and actually denature what is supposed to be primarily a robust tool .

    In light of the above I was wondering if you had any plans to offer the Amphibia range, such as the W-85-16-30-0253 with
    - a plain backcase ,
    - anti reflective crystal,
    - slightly fatter numbers & hour hand ,
    - flatter crown (you can keep that "pretty" red dot... )
    - and maybe fine textured dial more in tune with the original,
    - hacking movement & drilled lugs would of course be the icing...

    In other words, more a serious diver with a Raketa pedigree that would be worth the asking price than your expensive current fashion statement offering ?
    You realize that on almost all luxury watches the movement is decorated whether you can see it or not? Whether anyone likes it or not, Raketa has moved into the entry-level price category.

    Panerai, Blancpain, down to Oris rate watches for hundreds of feet and also give you a display caseback.

  8. #147
    Member RedFroggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    London, Praha, Bzh
    Posts
    2,033

    Re: Raketa Watch Factory

    Quote Originally Posted by JacobC View Post
    all luxury watches the movement is decorated whether you can see it or not ...Panerai, Blancpain, down to Oris rate watches for hundreds of feet and also give you a display caseback.
    Precisely my point, thanks for highlighting it Jacob !

    Expensive is very different concept from luxurious. I dont mind expensive but I have no interest in luxurious.
    Tudor, for exemple, makes expensive but not luxurious divers with plain undecorated movements & steel backcase. Given the past of both Tudor & Raketa I see marketing similarities . Like Raketa with the Amphibia, the Tudor Black Bay are deeply rooted in their sub-mariner heritage divers to appeal to their respective loyal , if not adoring, target audiences.

    Today’s Raketa Amphibian, in its current form is a very attractive watch but , IMO, falls more into the luxurious watch category than the quality utilitarian tool it was born as. I only handled one once & it seems to sit rather high on the wrist, I guess partially because of the display case-back that serves absolutely zero practical function, only a debatable possibility to «admire» cogwheels working or some fancy guilloché...

    Unless you are actually a professional diver, aesthetics are, to us watch amateurs, of course important . Looking at my vintage Soviet divers, "look" plays a big role . The «Poljot boy riding the dolphin» back case was , for me, a must over the plain version , but equally among my modern divers (mostly Western) I avoid display back . Each to their own

    I’d jump at a real tool-diver from Raketa.
    Last edited by RedFroggy; 1 Week Ago at 10:13.

  9. #148
    Sponsor Raketa Watch Factory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Saint-Petersburg (Russia)
    Posts
    48

    Re: Raketa Watch Factory

    Quote Originally Posted by RedFroggy View Post
    Privet David,

    I love divers & military style simple watches. The Raketa Amphibia is one of the greatest utilitarian but cool "diver/tool-watch" and rightly fits your range as the "sport/action" piece.

    IMO, glass backcases and other decorated movements are frivolous expensive gimmicks that may have their place on "jewellery/diner parties show-off" watches but that are totally superfluous to such kind of serious diving instrument that is supposed to be put through its paces and eventually bear scars of hard-use . I'd dare to even say they are a bit poncy and actually denature what is supposed to be primarily a robust tool .

    In light of the above I was wondering if you had any plans to offer the Amphibia range, such as the W-85-16-30-0253 with
    - a plain backcase ,
    - anti reflective crystal,
    - slightly fatter numbers & hour hand ,
    - flatter crown (you can keep that "pretty" red dot... )
    - and maybe fine textured dial more in tune with the original,
    - hacking movement & drilled lugs would of course be the icing...

    In other words, more a serious diver with a Raketa pedigree that would be worth the asking price than your expensive current fashion statement offering ?
    Hello: Thank you for your comments. We take your point and I've actually forwarded all of your message to our designer team. The reason why the movement is usually shown through the case-back and the reason why it is decorated, is simply because Raketa is extremely proud of its in-house movement and wants to share it as much as possible. I always thought it was sad never to be able to see the Rolex movements (it's one of the most incredible movements in the world and we can never see it!). The glass.on the Amphibia case-back is specially conceived to resist to 40 ATM pressure and, as a matter of fact, every single Amphibia watch model is specially tested at 40ATM. Basically, an interesting decoration on the movement does not prevent the watch to be used as a tool watch in extreme conditions when needed!
    Vost and RedFroggy like this.
    Raketa Watch Factory
    David Henderson-Stewart

  10. #149
    Sponsor Raketa Watch Factory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Saint-Petersburg (Russia)
    Posts
    48

    Re: Raketa Watch Factory

    Quote Originally Posted by RedFroggy View Post
    Privet David,

    I love divers & military style simple watches. The Raketa Amphibia is one of the greatest utilitarian but cool "diver/tool-watch" and rightly fits your range as the "sport/action" piece.

    IMO, glass backcases and other decorated movements are frivolous expensive gimmicks that may have their place on "jewellery/diner parties show-off" watches but that are totally superfluous to such kind of serious diving instrument that is supposed to be put through its paces and eventually bear scars of hard-use . I'd dare to even say they are a bit poncy and actually denature what is supposed to be primarily a robust tool .

    In light of the above I was wondering if you had any plans to offer the Amphibia range, such as the W-85-16-30-0253 with
    - a plain backcase ,
    - anti reflective crystal,
    - slightly fatter numbers & hour hand ,
    - flatter crown (you can keep that "pretty" red dot... )
    - and maybe fine textured dial more in tune with the original,
    - hacking movement & drilled lugs would of course be the icing...

    In other words, more a serious diver with a Raketa pedigree that would be worth the asking price than your expensive current fashion statement offering ?
    Hello: Thank you for your comments. We take your point and I've actually forwarded all of your message to our designer team. The reason why the movement is usually shown through the case-back and the reason why it is decorated, is simply because Raketa is extremely proud of its in-house movement and wants to share it as much as possible. I always thought it was sad never to be able to see the Rolex movements (it's one of the most incredible movements in the world and we can never see it!). The glass.on the Amphibia case-back is specially conceived to resist to 40 ATM pressure and, as a matter of fact, every single Amphibia watch model is specially tested at 40ATM. Basically, an interesting decoration on the movement does not prevent the watch to be used as a tool watch when needed in extreme conditions!
    Vost likes this.
    Raketa Watch Factory
    David Henderson-Stewart

  11. #150
    Sponsor Raketa Watch Factory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Saint-Petersburg (Russia)
    Posts
    48

    Re: Raketa Watch Factory

    Quote Originally Posted by EndeavourDK View Post
    I just discovered this thread (sorry ! ) and looked at the very interesting pictures given in the link above. I was a bit struck & baffled by the seemingly high average age of the pictured work-force. No big assembly rooms full of young folks ?
    Hello: This album of photos (that was posted above) dates back to at least 6 years ago (if I'm not wrong). Since then, we hired many more young people. Today, at least 70% of the specialists are new people. "New people" does not necessarily mean "young" people : it means people who do not come from the watch industry and who therefore didn't receive any special training/qualification. We therefore have our own watchmaking school to train them. I invite you to visit the "Manufacture" section of the Raketa website (www.raketa.com) where you will see some more recent photos. Here's own below for example :

    Attachment 14871821
    Vost and stevarad like this.
    Raketa Watch Factory
    David Henderson-Stewart

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 1 guests)

  1. SuperFros

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •