Raketa Watch Factory - Page 4
Like Tree309Likes

Thread: Raketa Watch Factory

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Re: Raketa Watch Factory

Hello David!

I am very happy to se someone from Raketa here.

Is there any theoretical chance in future for producing new russian mechanical chronograph?

Послато са SM-N950F помоћу Тапатока
    rmeron likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Raketa Watch Factory View Post
    Thanks. I hope that you like it. We're particularly proud of the decoration on the movement, a combination of mechanical decoration & print decoration (every diver dreams to meet a Russian mermaid!). The mechanical engraving on the bridges is done before we set the stones and before the bridges are plated (for protection against corrosion) and assembled. Basically, a brand that buys its movement could not really do this because its extremely difficult to disassemble everything and assemble the bridges again (especially the balance bridge). The logo on the dial (the anchor and the bat) represents the logo of the Russian navy tactical divers. The new Amphibia watch is based on the Soviet Raketa amphibia model that "lagazeta" posted above.
    Unlike my other Raketa reviews, I'm having my younger brother give me his feedback for a week. So far he loves the readability and the bezel action

Instagram @open_escapement

Quote Originally Posted by stevarad View Post
    Hello David!

I am very happy to se someone from Raketa here.

Is there any theoretical chance in future for producing new russian mechanical chronograph?

Hi: with regards to Raketa, unfortunately not in the near future. We could if we wanted to, but this would require to engineer a totally new movement from scratch (you cannot just add a chronograph complication on our existing movement). All our energy is now focused on improving as much as possible the quality of our current movement and its 4 complications: we think that we can make it one of the most reliable movement in the world! I don't know of anyone else in Russia who is trying develop a chronograph.
    stevarad, dinkan, JacobC and 1 others like this.
    Raketa Watch Factory
    David Henderson-Stewart

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi: with regards to Raketa, unfortunately not in the near future. We could if we wanted to, but this would require to engineer a totally new movement from scratch (you cannot just add a chronograph complication on our existing movement). All our energy is now focused on improving as much as possible the quality of our current movement and its 4 complications: we think that we can make it one of the most reliable movement in the world! I don't know of anyone else in Russia who is trying develop a chronograph.
    I wish you to succeed with curent goals, and then to make new one - developing chronograph movement

Quote Originally Posted by frantsous View Post
    Hello From Moscow :)

Attachment 14786645
    New Raketas are out of my price scope but I really like the Avant-Garde!

Quote Originally Posted by thewatchadude View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by frantsous View Post
    Hello From Moscow 🙂

Attachment 14786645
    New Raketas are out of my price scope but I really like the Avant-Garde!
    New Raketas are great to own as a watch (for people who just want a watch or two) But obviously for ‘collecting’ when you want all/most of the offered models the price is out of reach for many. But I cannot blame factory for making watches to be used daily and not for collectors 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by Odessa200 View Post
    New Raketas are great to own as a watch (for people who just want a watch or two) But obviously for ‘collecting’ when you want all/most of the offered models the price is out of reach for many. But I cannot blame factory for making watches to be used daily and not for collectors ��
    People collect watches that are way more expensive than the most expensive Raketa :)
    Last edited by joaot; January 17th, 2020 at 19:30. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by joaot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Odessa200 View Post
    New Raketas are great to own as a watch (for people who just want a watch or two) But obviously for ‘collecting’ when you want all/most of the offered models the price is out of reach for many. But I cannot blame factory for making watches to be used daily and not for collectors ��
    People collect watches that are way more expensive then the most expensive Raketa :)
    I did not say it not doable for all. But out of reach for most (who are interested in Russian watches). People who collect Rolexes and Omegas will not start collecting Raketa at this time (sorry Rakata officials and lovers). And most of the Rolex collections will include a handful of watches. Most of us who are on this forum buy at least a few watches a month. At least. Some buy daily and it is the ability to buy so many various watches that attracts people to Russian watches (among other reasons). How many of us can scale down to a watch or two a year? Again, I am not saying New Raketas will not be bought by collectors. They will be. I am also sure if for whatever reason a million Raketas will be in demand the factory will not be able to meet this demand. So the watches priced probably right: cheeper and they will be sold too quickly (at a lesser profit) and the factory will not be able to make many more to benefit from the mass sales. More expensive: will be undersold. These are just my speculations on why it is priced at this level. I am sure smart people thought about it a lot.

Also, meant to ask David why he is not active on other very popular Russian watch forum? Why just here? Or maybe I missed you there....
    Last edited by Odessa200; January 17th, 2020 at 19:44.

Hi.
    Thanks a lot to answer to our questions, this is a pleasure to read you here.
    I know (or I think to know) that Raketa never made any chronographs, but I ask myself if Raketa ever thought about making chronographs during soviet time. Is there any studies on this subject into your archives ?

I was wondering if Raketa have plans for a special edition release in honour of the factory’s 300th anniversary next year?
    stevarad, JacobC and Ole Juul like this.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information