Raketa Watch Factory - Page 6
Like Tree308Likes

Thread: Raketa Watch Factory

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Re: Raketa Watch Factory

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Hedgehog View Post
    I was wondering if Raketa have plans for a special edition release in honour of the factory’s 300th anniversary next year?
    Yes of course but we haven't decided yet what to do exactly. We've started digging up as much info as possible concerning the history of the Factory. We discovered for example that the Emperor Peter the Great asked a Swiss watchmaker from Basel (Isaac Brukner) to create the Factory in 1721. Bruckner moved to Saint-Petersburg for this purpose and created & ran the Factory for several years. He even had the time to continue making his own watches (we discovered a book published in 1735 describing a watch that he developed with a lot of different complications). Lots of really interesting stuff ...
    Raketa Watch Factory
    David Henderson-Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by Raketa Watch Factory View Post
    Thanks for you wishes! We're really trying hard. We're actually working on the next movement complication: No. 26693.

Attachment 14791697

On Monday, I'll post a photo of an old Raketa watch with this movement (I can't find one right now). We found the technical drawings of this complication last year in the Factory's archives, have produced 20 samples and are currently testing them (the 20 watch samples with this movement are worn by watchmakers of the Factory).
    This is very intriguing. Will that be a proper moon phase? And can the 24 hour hand be set independently, as a second time zone, or is it effectively a day night indicator?

Would love to see complications like this in a sports watch with bracelet, not just dress watches like the Swiss brands tend to do.

I do like your username lol fan of the TV show Bottom perchance? Is prob my favourite BBC comedy, I also have all the other stuff like Mr Jolly Lives Next Door, Filthy Rich, Young Ones etc.
    Dave_Hedgehog likes this.
    Rather sad, slightly mad 3 wheel van toting cat doting ol' timer...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Raketa Watch Factory

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgydruid View Post
    I do like your username lol fan of the TV show Bottom perchance? Is prob my favourite BBC comedy, I also have all the other stuff like Mr Jolly Lives Next Door, Filthy Rich, Young Ones etc.
    Assuming you’re talking to me, my username is indeed a Bottom reference. Liked the show as a kid. The Young Ones and others were just a little before my time, I was more Blackadder, Bottom and Red Dwarf.
    Dodgydruid and steve_AU like this.

Oh yes I do love the line "Give him a hedgehog and you will see why...", I abs love the live shows, esp Live 3... Also have the Red Dwarf, OFAH and the Comic Strip stuff on DVD and watch 'em all often as modern TV is just soooo boring imho hehe I takes my comedy seriously, just had me arms up to the oily bits on my three wheel van as the cold killed the battery :(
    Rather sad, slightly mad 3 wheel van toting cat doting ol' timer...

Thanks for all these answers !
    chronotopos soviet watches collection
    instagram ......... https://www.instagram.com/chronotopos_soviet_watches
    facebook .......... https://www.facebook.com/david.chronotopos

Pity that we 'missed out' on our trip to St. Petersburg a few years back - would've been a more interesting trip than a wet boat ride round the city!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgydruid View Post
    ...........just had me arms up to the oily bits on my three wheel van as the cold killed the battery :(
    Take it that's a 'Supervan III'?

Thanks for you wishes! We're really trying hard. We're actually working on the next movement complication: No. 26693.

Attachment 14791697

On Monday, I'll post a photo of an old Raketa watch with this movement (I can't find one right now). We found the technical drawings of this complication last year in the Factory's archives, have produced 20 samples and are currently testing them (the 20 watch samples with this movement are worn by watchmakers of the Factory).
    There is one vintage example here in Ill-Phils collection.
    dinkan and system11 like this.

Attachment 14791697

Well, this looks and sounds fantastic!!!

I hope this will see light of the day!

Послато са SM-N950F помоћу Тапатока

Quote Originally Posted by Lucidor View Post
    There is one vintage example here in Ill-Phils collection.
    Russian Patek.

Послато са SM-N950F помоћу Тапатока

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information