Raketa Watch Factory - Page 7
Like Tree309Likes

Thread: Raketa Watch Factory

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Re: Raketa Watch Factory

Quote Originally Posted by Raketa Watch Factory View Post
    Yes of course but we haven't decided yet what to do exactly. We've started digging up as much info as possible concerning the history of the Factory. We discovered for example that the Emperor Peter the Great asked a Swiss watchmaker from Basel (Isaac Brukner) to create the Factory in 1721. Bruckner moved to Saint-Petersburg for this purpose and created & ran the Factory for several years. He even had the time to continue making his own watches (we discovered a book published in 1735 describing a watch that he developed with a lot of different complications). Lots of really interesting stuff ...
    Man, 300 years. The military achievements and naval power of Russia Azov battles makes a good naval military tribute.

Even a Csar tribute watch though I am not sure if the popularity of such men and the Romanov lineage.

St Pete became the capitol during his reign, correct?

If just a single watch one that could touch on Csar Peter, Issac, and the city without being overly busy? Limited to 300 watches?I

If broken in lines then a limited to 300 each of the topics your design team and CEO finalize.

The design themes could range from a tribute to the past, present, and even a hint of the future! You guys have your hands full but sound fun.

I do like the Beard Tax coin at the end of the link below. I bet the Ottomans were not cheery about that.

https://learnodo-newtonic.com/peter-the-great-facts
    I don't have too many watches! I have too few wrists!

Quote Originally Posted by Raketa Watch Factory View Post
    I'm planning to start being active on other forums. Actually, I would be grateful if you could give me your recommendation as to the Russian watch forums on which I should be present in your opinion, taking into consideration that we don't have the resources to be on all forums (we're still a very small brand and I'm the only English speaking person at Raketa). Thanks. D.
    You are not a very popular person on Russian watch forum, just FYI if you gonna be bitten do not cry...

Quote Originally Posted by Kirill Sergueev View Post
    You are not a very popular person on Russian watch forum, just FYI if you gonna be bitten do not cry...
    You mean Raketa factory or him personaly?

And why?

Послато са SM-N950F помоћу Тапатока
    JacobC likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by stevarad View Post
    You mean Raketa factory or him personaly?

And why?

Multiple reasons. But David is closely watched by Russian Watch Community.

Sounds scary.

chronotopos soviet watches collection
    instagram ......... https://www.instagram.com/chronotopos_soviet_watches
    facebook .......... https://www.facebook.com/david.chronotopos

Quote Originally Posted by stevarad View Post
    Sounds scary.

I would guess the main reason is the prices of the new watches. While Vostok offers a big selection for an ‘average man’ (pardon my expressions, no offense intended) at affordable prices, Raketa aims at a different clientele. Mostly a foreigner with deep pockets. Many folks in Russia feel left out.
    dinkan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Odessa200 View Post
    I would guess the main reason is the prices of the new watches. While Vostok offers a big selection for an ‘average man’ (pardon my expressions, no offense intended) at affordable prices, Raketa aims at a different clientele. Mostly a foreigner with deep pockets. Many folks in Russia feel left out.
    Possible, perhaps likely but Raketa occupies the low, low end of “entry level” of luxury wristwatch. Vostok is clearly making watches for the masses while Raketa is aiming slightly upmarket. I have a hard time finding watches to compare Raketa to because they are so inexpensive.

Sometimes this forum forgets that the greater watch collector scene outside of Russian watches starts at €2,000 and only goes up from there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Honestly I think they're doing the right thing but they need to stay around this price point (for the top Raketa models anyway, others are cheaper and should stay as they are too). There's a certain purity to wearing something that's nicely finished and fully in-house from a company who have existed for this long, so if the business is working for them the way it is, I don't see a huge problem. I think sub-1500 really is the limit though, a couple of models (I forget the name, the nautical decorated ones) were pitched closer to 2k and are limited editions, but they still haven't sold out despite being available for a year or more. It's a bridge too far even coming from someone who has spent a lot of money with them in the past few years.
    dinkan and shahrincamille like this.

Quote Originally Posted by system11 View Post
    Honestly I think they're doing the right thing but they need to stay around this price point (for the top Raketa models anyway, others are cheaper and should stay as they are too). There's a certain purity to wearing something that's nicely finished and fully in-house from a company who have existed for this long, so if the business is working for them the way it is, I don't see a huge problem. I think sub-1500 really is the limit though, a couple of models (I forget the name, the nautical decorated ones) were pitched closer to 2k and are limited editions, but they still haven't sold out despite being available for a year or more. It's a bridge too far even coming from someone who has spent a lot of money with them in the past few years.
    I disagree on the reason they haven't sold out. They're basically starting for the first time into the global market in a really visible way with boutiques and placement into more watch stores. I think the issue is visibility and the watches will sell themselves from there. If Raketa needs a head of North American Public Relations or Marketing, I AM for hire....just saying.

Instagram @open_escapement

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread Information