A rare solid gold YOUYI(友谊)for Chinese market

Thread: A rare solid gold YOUYI(友谊)for Chinese market

A rare solid gold YOUYI(友谊)for Chinese market

I find an image of a very rare solid gold YOUYI made for the Chinese market in the early 1950's. Most YOUYI I have seen has a chrome plated case that are already quite rare. This one is rare as a hen's teeth. But I am not sure if it is original.
    You experts may know more.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

Re: A rare solid gold YOUYI(友谊)for Chinese market

Quote Originally Posted by soviet
    I find an image of a very rare solid gold YOUYI made for the Chinese market in the early 1950's. Most YOUYI I have seen has a chrome plated case that are already quite rare. This one is rare as a hen's teeth. But I am not sure if it is original.
    You experts may know more.
    Verrrry interesting

The dial looks correct to me, so I would expect the movement to have the stamp of the Chistopol watch factory. The case certainly looks like the solid-gold Pobeda (rather than the usual chrome Chistopol Chaika). However I have never seen such a watch made anywhere outside of Moscow.

A movement shot would clear up questions of date and place of manufacture. Be careful when opening the case. This type of case should open without much effort, but the gold will mark easily.

Re: A rare solid gold YOUYI(友谊)for Chinese market

Quote Originally Posted by Chascomm
    Verrrry interesting

The dial looks correct to me, so I would expect the movement to have the stamp of the Chistopol watch factory. The case certainly looks like the solid-gold Pobeda (rather than the usual chrome Chistopol Chaika). However I have never seen such a watch made anywhere outside of Moscow.

A movement shot would clear up questions of date and place of manufacture. Be careful when opening the case. This type of case should open without much effort, but the gold will mark easily.
    Thanks. I do not own these watches. They are very expensive for Russian watches (US$60-80) in worn conditions. The gold version cost much more. I saw a movement image of a chrome one with a date code of X-59. The chrome version looks exactly the same as one of my KAMA watches(4-58). I have another KAMA that has the same case as one of my Sputniks. A KAMA may cost only RMB 50.

Thread Information