Show your Amphibias! Part 2 - Page 12
Like Tree2168Likes

Thread: Show your Amphibias! Part 2

Page 12 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 62 ... LastLast

Re: Show your Amphibias! Part 2

Zdravstvujtye!

Arrived this morning at long last . Modded (by Meranom)Vostok Amphibia 160271

I couldn’t be happier. I just wish at the time of ordering, the scuba dude caseback was in stock…

Is there a trick with the crown? It took me several attempts to push it back from time setting position. Also I thought I read in these threads, that the new stainless steel crown that you can buy as an added option, doesn’t have the famous Vostok wobble?

Name:  ACDFBE0E-C4BD-4922-A6CD-5F125DA35DC0.jpeg
Views: 610
Size:  624.2 KBName:  05B79527-2105-4480-BB53-96DBAC18B598.jpeg
Views: 613
Size:  717.8 KBName:  34007AE9-4CD8-499C-BF62-00345B9E0044.jpeg
Views: 625
Size:  759.5 KB
    larand, Tarquin, Dave_Mc and 6 others like this.

I’ve been doing some more reading. So you’re supposed to screw back the crown after setting the time. That disengages time setting if you want to wind the mechanism?

Banned

Восток Амфибия

~v~
    Last edited by MonTex; October 9th, 2017 at 20:59.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by itsmemuffins View Post
    I’ve been doing some more reading. So you’re supposed to screw back the crown after setting the time. That disengages time setting if you want to wind the mechanism?
    Yep that's right. Unscrew the crown (without pulling out fully) to wind. Pull out fully to set time. Screw back in after setting time to un-engage the time setting mechanism.

Also, the steel crowns are supposed to have the wobblyness. I don't think I've ever seen anyone suggest otherwise on here - but I could be wrong. Either way, fear not - all is as it should be.

That's a great looking watch by the way!
    itsmemuffins likes this.

Green 960SE just arrived from meranom today. I went with the date version.

Sorry for poor phone pic....

Initial impressions are very good. The bracelet stands out immediately to me in comparison to those supplied with a scuba dude for example. This is solid and doesn't rattle.

Driving a meat-covered skeleton made from stardust, riding a rock, hurtling through space.

Quote Originally Posted by galliano View Post
    On orange perlon

I've never been a fan of cases with hooded lugs. Until now.
    Man, that is just gorgeous!

So, my new Amphibia stopped while I was setting the time (possibly got over-wound) just minutes after taking it out of its box.

I was distraught and disappointed that after a month of waiting for it to arrive, and after reading so much about how these things are indestructible, that it could be so easily broken through normal use. I decided to take the case back off and see if I could see what the problem was. It wasn't immediately apparent to my untrained eye, so after tapping on it and shaking it around as suggested by friends, I decided to try nudging the balance to see if that would work. Lo and behold, that did the trick! It's back to ticking away, although it's running about 40 seconds fast at the moment.

I thought I'd share this pic of the movement, which is way more nicely finished than I would imagine a watch of this price to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by timeslider View Post
    So, my new Amphibia stopped while I was setting the time (possibly got over-wound) just minutes after taking it out of its box.

I was distraught and disappointed that after a month of waiting for it to arrive, and after reading so much about how these things are indestructible, that it could be so easily broken through normal use. I decided to take the case back off and see if I could see what the problem was. It wasn't immediately apparent to my untrained eye, so after tapping on it and shaking it around as suggested by friends, I decided to try nudging the balance to see if that would work. Lo and behold, that did the trick! It's back to ticking away, although it's running about 40 seconds fast at the moment.

I thought I'd share this pic of the movement, which is way more nicely finished than I would imagine a watch of this price to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Has it been running continously since then??

So what dial you got? Let us see its face .

By the way I really like that black movement spacer! One of my newest Amphibias has a purple one... Vostok has always produced natural nylon color movement spacers... I hope they continue putting colored ones from now on, are a nice touch.

Enviado desde Costa Rica

Quote Originally Posted by MonTex View Post
    Восток Ампхибиа

~v~
    What bezel is this? Looks nice.

Banned

AM-Diver

Page 12 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 62 ... LastLast