Show your Amphibias! Part 2 - Page 28
Like Tree2004Likes

Thread: Show your Amphibias! Part 2

Page 28 of 62 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast

Re: Show your Amphibias! Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by thewatchadude View Post
    "C'mon guys, look at this Amphibia..
    C'mon guys, look at this Amphibia..
    C'mon guys, look at this Amphibia.."
    Your watch?

Looks almost like the catalog, but isn't...

It was a joke on the fishes looking at the watch.

My first(and only but not for long)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kamburov, Dave_Mc, Bucks and 1 others like this.
    -Marshall W. Harper

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

After 5 months of trial and error with bands, dials and bezels; I have finally found my perfect Amphibia. It is a late 1970s hand-wind mechanism that I have recently had serviced and is now running quite accurately. The bezel, dial and blued hands are all new (ordered from Meranom). The generic brown leather strap will soon be upgraded to a Colareb. I bought it off a street vendor in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan for around 12 USD, all of the upgrades and servicing was also done in Bishkek by a nice elderly Russian man. PS: Marshrutka for scale.

Name:  vostok.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  1.46 MB
    24h and Dave_Mc like this.

After 5 months of trial and error with bands, dials and bezels; I have finally found my perfect Amphibia. It is a late 1970s hand-wind mechanism that I have recently had serviced and is now running quite accurately. The bezel, dial and blued hands are all new (ordered from Meranom). The generic brown leather strap will soon be upgraded to a Colareb. I bought it off a street vendor in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan for around 12 USD, all of the upgrades and servicing was also done in Bishkek by a nice elderly Russian man. PS: Marshrutka for scale.

Name:  vostok.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  1.46 MB
    igori7 and EPK like this.

After finding plenty of useful information on these forums I ordered out an Amphibia from Meranom. The research paid off as today after I received possibly my first Amphibia. Surprised how fast it was sent out after a few mods that were on the order. It looked like it moved through Russia faster than New York. Tracking was updated this morning and it arrived this afternoon. I ordered the 110903 with the blued hands, black date wheel and stainless crown. The NATO band and brushed stainless bezel were ordered but I installed them right away. A pleasant difference with just a few changes. Thanks for all the helpful information shared.
    Name:  P5220003c.JPG
Views: 323
Size:  420.6 KB
    Name:  P5220056c.JPG
Views: 337
Size:  407.0 KB
    thewatchadude, 69murray and laza80 like this.

After finding plenty of useful information on these forums I ordered out an Amphibia from Meranom. The research paid off as today after I received possibly my first Amphibia. Surprised how fast it was sent out after a few mods that were on the order. It looked like it moved through Russia faster than New York. Tracking was updated this morning and it arrived this afternoon. I ordered the 110903 with the blued hands, black date wheel and stainless crown. The NATO band and brushed stainless bezel were ordered but I installed them right away. A pleasant difference with just a few changes. Thanks for all the helpful information shared.
    Name:  P5220003c.JPG
Views: 323
Size:  420.6 KB
    Name:  P5220056c.JPG
Views: 337
Size:  407.0 KB

24h
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkB8 View Post
    Welcome to the forum! You’ll find that it is very friendly here, as opposed to some other sections.

Great looking watch...careful, it may lead to you wanting another.
    SharkB8 likes this.

My YouTube Channel for watch modding and I​nstagram for (mostly) Russian watches

"This thing all things devours:
    Birds, beasts, trees, flowers;
    Gnaws iron, bites steel,
    Grinds hard stones to meal;
    Slays king, ruins town,
    And beats high mountain down."
    J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by 24h View Post
    Welcome to the forum! You’ll find that it is very friendly here, as opposed to some other sections.

Great looking watch...careful, it may lead to you wanting another.
    Thank you but too late, have a few in mind. The only problem that I encountered with the order from Meranom is them sending the parts that were switched out. Having the parts sent with the watch leaves no option but to get another watch to use them. I don't see this ending anytime soon.
    24h likes this.

Page 28 of 62 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast

Thread Information