Show Your Strela! - Page 13
Like Tree1132Likes

Thread: Show Your Strela!

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight_time View Post
    Looong time lurker, after having seen this little gem I felt it was time to register... I have been into Strelas for a while now but never seen this kind of dial, I only knew of the Serif ones (which should be just as rare, IMHO): a Baton-hands/No-telemeter/Sans-Serif Sekonda is a premiere for me. If I am entitled to an opinion, I would date it around mid-to-late Sixties; if I am not mistaken the Pentagon stamp speaks of post-1964, and the font goes in the same direction. Could it be some sort of "missing link" between the Baton-hands/Telemeter/Serif dial shown as Model 68 and the Black-dialed/Paddle hands/No telemeter/Sans-Serif shown as Model 69 on the 1970 Sekonda Catalog? Many many congratulations and some envy for your great catch :)
    Firstly, Welcome to the forum. You are correct: this would be a late/mid-to-late 60s and the sibling to the earlier Serif dialed version.(and someone, somewhere is cursing, 'not another bloody dial variant').
    Last edited by Ham2; December 15th, 2015 at 23:10.

Re: Show Your Strela!

Firstly many congratulations on that rare piece Mark, it's a real beauty! If you got that cheap, then I really am green with envy. On the crown, it does look quite similar to the one on mine. A little hard to tell with camera angle and all that, but if it is the same crown, then I we may have some rethinking to do?

Yours

Mine

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Adams View Post
    Firstly many congratulations on that rare piece Mark, it's a real beauty! If you got that cheap, then I really am green with envy. On the crown, it does look quite similar to the one on mine. A little hard to tell with camera angle and all that, but if it is the same crown, then I we may have some rethinking to do? Yours Mine
    Crowns look similar but not the same though. Pity. From end on they looked very similar.
    Geoff Adams likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yes, I think I agree, mine probably narrows in towards the stem more than yours - but it is hard for me to see...

I agree that the crowns are different. I also agree that it's a wonderful find. I was watching this one and was pretty surprised by the price at the end of the auction. Given how long you've been searching for one of these, Mark, I would love to know what your top bid was -- and how much relief you felt when the last 10 seconds elapsed and the price held stable :)

Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by mroatman View Post
    I agree that the crowns are different. I also agree that it's a wonderful find. I was watching this one and was pretty surprised by the price at the end of the auction. Given how long you've been searching for one of these, Mark, I would love to know what your top bid was -- and how much relief you felt when the last 10 seconds elapsed and the price held stable :) Congratulations!
    Oh I didn't watch the auction end - I went to bed. My top bid was on the high end (3x final cost in USD) but only because of rarity and the long hunt. And yes, I was pleasantly surprised (and relieved) when I saw the e-mail this morning. Now if only the rest of my day has been as good.......

Now to find that damned serif version......
    mroatman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ham2 View Post
    Now to find that damned serif version......
    Well, you're 50% of the way there at 1/3 your projected cost. I'd say you're doing pretty well :)

Bump for the thread, it is all so beautiful.

Just to add my pride.

Quote Originally Posted by eillya View Post
    My first 3017, just arrived yesterday !!!!
    Congratulations -- let's see it!!

What lovely Strelas in this thread! Love the vintage ones. My new Strela arrived today. :)

Name:  strela1.jpeg
Views: 345
Size:  1.46 MB

Name:  strela2.jpeg
Views: 342
Size:  435.5 KB

Name:  strela3.jpeg
Views: 346
Size:  1.48 MB

Name:  strela4.jpeg
Views: 341
Size:  925.4 KB

Name:  strela5.jpeg
Views: 344
Size:  941.0 KB

Name:  strela6.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  369.3 KB

Name:  img_0863.jpeg
Views: 343
Size:  1.11 MB

Name:  strela7.jpeg
Views: 325
Size:  775.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0914.JPG
Views: 952
Size:  382.5 KB
    Last edited by taimurkhan; August 13th, 2016 at 18:43.

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information