Show Your Strela! - Page 24
Like Tree1132Likes

Thread: Show Your Strela!

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kermit3D View Post
    Here is my Strela Poljot Cal. 3017
    Quote Originally Posted by Kermit3D View Post
    I received it 2 days ago and it is realy a beautiful watch
    Both are really good. Here is mine in black. I have a nagging question that I cannot find an answer to. Maybe you guys can help me. Look at the Chromo Minute counter dial. It has special longer marks for 3, 6, and 9 mins. Why? What was the owner of the watch measure that happens at such intervals? Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

24h, elsoldemayo, Kermit3D and 5 others like this.

Re: Show Your Strela!

Quote Originally Posted by noghri View Post
    Brand new 40mm Strela in today! and yes, i have committed the abomination of pairing it with an apollo nasa strap from kizzi :P (yes, it's ok if you wanna grab the forks and chase me :)) ). But it looks and feels really awesome! also, if anyone has any suggestions where i can find the counter of the nasa straps (russian types one i mean, used by cosmonauts) i will gladly follow the directions :).
    Attachment 14202095
    Hi there, I spotted that you have silver hands on your sub-dials. How come? Did you mod it yourself? Please let me know, thanks.
    BY the way, the sub-dials look waaaaaay better now

I'm waiting for my first 3017 to arrive in th mail. Can explain the purpose of different brands like Strela and Poljot in both Crylic and English? I understand Sekonda is for UK export so are all the English Poljot for export as well? Thanks.
    JonS1967, joecool and bpmurray like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by arkitec View Post
    I'm waiting for my first 3017 to arrive in th mail. Can explain the purpose of different brands like Strela and Poljot in both Crylic and English? I understand Sekonda is for UK export so are all the English Poljot for export as well? Thanks.
    Great watch. Different labels: it is just marketing strategies. Sekonda: yes, special soviet-owned brand that was primarily for UK market. Different watches were sold under this brand. Poljot: it is the Полет brand made for export across the globe. Quality wise: all the same.
    joecool likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Odessa200 View Post
    Great watch. Different labels: it is just marketing strategies. Sekonda: yes, special soviet-owned brand that was primarily for UK market. Different watches were sold under this brand. Poljot: it is the Полет brand made for export across the globe. Quality wise: all the same.
    Only the original Cyrillic Strela was military issue, correct? The rest are for marketed to public?

Only the original Cyrillic Strela was military issue, correct? The rest are for marketed to public?
    The 1st Strela was made in 1959 and was given to pilots, cosmonauts and high ranking officials. Then in 1964 1mchz is renamed to Poljot and this watch is released under new name. In the early 70s it is released as Poljot (in latin) and then as Полет and still not available to general population (limited to special distribution to scientists, party leaders, etc). In the late 70s it comes as Seconda and finally enough was produced and they are available in regular stores for everyone.
    arkitec likes this.

The 1st Strela was made in 1959 and was given to pilots, cosmonauts and high ranking officials. Then in 1964 1mchz is renamed to Poljot and this watch is released under new name. In the early 70s it is released as Poljot (in latin) and then as Полет and still not available to general population (limited to special distribution to scientists, party leaders, etc). In the late 70s it comes as Seconda and finally enough was produced and they are available in regular stores for everyone.
    If they are not release to general public, why was marketing needed with all these different brand names when it was only issued for avaiation/military? There was an appeal for Latin watches amongst the high ranking officials and pilots?

If they are not release to general public, why was marketing needed with all these different brand names when it was only issued for avaiation/military? There was an appeal for Latin watches amongst the high ranking officials and pilots?
    I would guess they were making them for export to earn some $. Remember, Soviet currency was not freely traded and for certain things USSR needed a freely convertible currency.

Show Your Strela!

Don’t think I ever posted an update on this thread of my 1967 white 3017

Before:

After my watch guy had done his magic:

I bought it with semi-opaque crystal, jammed chrono and painted hands
    But I spotted that the dial was unfaded and the case really crisp
    Thought it was worth buying at low cost, fixing up, then selling if the style was too ornate for me (it is

It took several trips to my watch guy to eliminate all the bugs in the chrono: my suspicion is that the watch picked up a fault in its early days and spent most of its career in a sock drawer

But it turned out beautifully, and restored to full working life
    Last edited by OhDark30; September 1st, 2019 at 19:39.
    24h, joecool, bpmurray and 5 others like this.
    DO NOT put sales verbiage in your signature.

Hi arkitec

Here’s a Sekonda badged 3017 worn by a cosmonaut
    From here: https://netgrafik.ch/russian_space_watches.htm

Another great Strela space read:
    https://wristwatchreview.com/2011/08...-moon-watches/
    Enjoy!
    joecool and arkitec like this.
    DO NOT put sales verbiage in your signature.

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread Information