Show Your Strela! - Page 5
Like Tree1126Likes

Thread: Show Your Strela!

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Re: Show Your Strela!

with the help of some members here, I found this:

My mob

My very first Russian watch that I fell in love with thru a review at the PMWF site on one of their 'best chronos for the money" list. It was not the first one to arrive, that was the Buran Siberia that I stumbled across after that Strela led me here. From Irina Maier. One of the last sub-$400 strelas those were the days. And one of the last non JL Strelas. Something that Irina prided herself on.
    To me still the one to get if you get only one and if you don't want vintage. Wonderful proportions, understated dial, goes with everything south of a wall street suit, long run time, accurate, tough. And looks like nothing else out there, very unique.

Same on a leather strap.

This was one of the very last ones from Irina 's store. I opted for a Latin one as the black 3017 poljots I had seen at that time were all with Latin script.
    Looks much more like a "normal watch" than the one above. Which can be a good thing.

Since that Heuer was allowed to gate crash the party I thought I would let my El Primero peep in ...

I won this one on the bay by a dollar - Euro confusion .... oh well. It's lovely and quality is remembered long after the price was forgotten. Or so they say ... GRRRR

My first old Strela. Given to the seller by an elderly Russian doctor. Close to pristine case and dial. Who knows what made a prior owner decide to paint the hands. But it is neat, it suits the sporty nature of the watch and improves readability. The rice beads strap came on an old fibber and was a bear to get off. After many attempts I finally managed. It is a fave as well.

All about impossible to find especially since the few remaining ones have been Ham2stered. Made available to me by fellow member Dront. A fine watch. Dressy for a chrono but unlike some people stubbornly maintain, without mentioning names especially not those with small rodent connotations, not a dress watch .....

Close to pristine from seller Vympel2209 who often has these, at relatively high prices but he will entertain offers. Close to pristine but I like my other one better....

Another relatively rare variety, formerly of the Russ Cook collection. In an old case, an early corner stone if my collection.

Another sans-scale Strela. An early acquisition when I was still afraid of getting Frankened. This forum quickly put me at ease. Love the patina on this one.

The 3133 to pair with my Cyrillic scaled Strela. From Julian at poljot24.de. Apparently from the JL line. I actually prefer these over the earlier production runs with the silver hands.

life would not be complete without a Latin sans scale Strela
    Last edited by DolleDolf; November 23rd, 2014 at 07:34. Reason: +

Quote Originally Posted by DolleDolf View Post
    My mob
    Now that is a very nice collection of Strelas DolleDolf: I didn't realise (or is it that I had forgotten?) that you managed to add a 59 to your collection.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yes Ham2ster you forgot .... sniff .... fellow member Dront made his available a while back. I was happy to take it off him as my own search remained unsuccessful. It resides in a later type case but I can live with that. it ran very accurately but not for long, but in the truest "don't repair ir, wear it" fashion after having spent a couple of days in the wrist in a row it runs for about a day on a full wind now.

Cyrillic and baton 3017 from the early 1960s, probably around 1962.

I *love* this watch, even though the dial is a bit faded with time.

Ric

What? 45 posts and no pickie of the Strela brand ambassador Vladimir Komorov? Worth a read on Wikipedia.

Ric

Kisifer, JonS1967, DJW GB and 1 others like this.
    Spreek je ook Nederlands? Kom dan naar het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Follow me on Instagram :

https://www.instagram.com/racingchronograph/

My mob

My very first Russian watch that I fell in love with thru a review at the PMWF site on one of their 'best chronos for the money" list. It was not the first one to arrive, that was the Buran Siberia that I stumbled across after that Strela led me here. From Irina Maier. One of the last sub-$400 strelas those were the days. And one of the last non JL Strelas. Something that Irina prided herself on.
    To me still the one to get if you get only one and if you don't want vintage. Wonderful proportions, understated dial, goes with everything south of a wall street suit, long run time, accurate, tough. And looks like nothing else out there, very unique.

Same on a leather strap.

This was one of the very last ones from Irina 's store. I opted for a Latin one as the black 3017 poljots I had seen at that time were all with Latin script.
    Looks much more like a "normal watch" than the one above. Which can be a good thing.

Since that Heuer was allowed to gate crash the party I thought I would let my El Primero peep in ...

I won this one on the bay by a dollar - Euro confusion .... oh well. It's lovely and quality is remembered long after the price was forgotten. Or so they say ... GRRRR

My first old Strela. Given to the seller by an elderly Russian doctor. Close to pristine case and dial. Who knows what made a prior owner decide to paint the hands. But it is neat, it suits the sporty nature of the watch and improves readability. The rice beads strap came on an old fibber and was a bear to get off. After many attempts I finally managed. It is a fave as well.

All about impossible to find especially since the few remaining ones have been Ham2stered. Made available to me by fellow member Dront. A fine watch. Dressy for a chrono but unlike some people stubbornly maintain, without mentioning names especially not those with small rodent connotations, not a dress watch .....

Close to pristine from seller Vympel2209 who often has these, at relatively high prices but he will entertain offers. Close to pristine but I like my other one better....

Another relatively rare variety, formerly of the Russ Cook collection. In an old case, an early corner stone if my collection.

Another sans-scale Strela. An early acquisition when I was still afraid of getting Frankened. This forum quickly put me at ease. Love the patina on this one.

The 3133 to pair with my Cyrillic scaled Strela. From Julian at poljot24.de. Apparently from the JL line. I actually prefer these over the earlier production runs with the silver hands.

life would not be complete without a Latin sans scale Strela
    I hate you
    Congrats with the great collection!

Yes Ham2ster you forgot .... sniff .... fellow member Dront made his available a while back. I was happy to take it off him as my own search remained unsuccessful. It resides in a later type case but I can live with that. it ran very accurately but not for long, but in the truest "don't repair ir, wear it" fashion after having spent a couple of days in the wrist in a row it runs for about a day on a full wind.
    Apologies mate. I am finding that, at times, good memory and middle age can be mutually exclusive things. Good to know that it is running reasonably well when worn. And it still looks good with a suit despite all your protestations :)
    Last edited by Ham2; November 23rd, 2014 at 15:35.
    JonS1967 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ric Capucho View Post

Cyrillic and baton 3017 from the early 1960s, probably around 1962.

I *love* this watch, even though the dial is a bit faded with time.

Ric
    I love the patina on your dial. Gorgeous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information