Show Your Strela! - Page 7
Like Tree1126Likes

Thread: Show Your Strela!

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Re: Show Your Strela!

Name:  DSC_4439_.jpeg
Views: 718
Size:  153.0 KB

Non original crown, and i had to change the plexi for a taller one (it decided to split, did not want to risk an accident). Not the most common variant, I think.

Sekonda
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by S.H. View Post

Non original crown, and i had to change the plexi for a taller one (it decided to split, did not want to risk an accident). Not the most common variant, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdalg View Post
    Sekonda
    An Poljot white and an black Seconda. What a duo in a row.
    Congrats to both.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Ham2 View Post
    Okay: seeing as it is a lazy Sunday here: and as ever, apologies for the poor quality, iffy resolution phone pictures. Titan 3017: This was NOS from a Spanish seller who found a small supply of these buried in an orange grove or something ;) A couple of other forumers also managed to acquire this rare Strela variant from the seller. Attachment 2128898
    Poljot 3017s. A mixed bag. Some have had crowns or hands replaced (a common event) and their overall condition varies between life-experienced and pristine. I believe these encapsulate almost all of the known Poljot branded dials and subtle variants (font styles, high/low branding, pre-, post-12 "base"). But then again, I am probably wrong on that assumption....... Attachment 2128986 Attachment 2128994 Attachment 2129002 Attachment 2129018 Attachment 2129026 Attachment 2129034 Attachment 2129050

Once again, excuse the crappy phone pictures
    The Sekonda 3017s. These pretty much mirror the Poljot branded 3017s in terms of styles and variations. Attachment 2129394 Attachment 2129410 Attachment 2129418 Attachment 2129426 The most 'obvious' exclusions (because I don't own examples) are the high branded version of the black dial tele/tachymetre dial and the plain white/cream dial with baton markers Sekonda more commonly seen branded as Poljot or СТРЕЛА. That latter Sekonda appears to be rare or is highly treasured by its owners. But I do have this rarity: a non-tele/tachymeter black dial high brand Sekonda which I believe was only released as a Sekonda and never as a Poljot. Attachment 2129610
    Finally, the Cyrillic Strelas/СТРЕЛА. Once again, apologies for some really poor pictures. I mean, these are embarrassingly poor. I know I can do better but......it's Sunday. I am lucky enough I have a few Cyrillic dialed Strelas in my collection including the rare 1959 of which there are actually 2 versions! Look at the Arabic numbers - see how they differ in thickness/width! Ha! Now watch that collective Soviet WIS OCD kick in. Attachment 2129850 Attachment 2129858 Then we have the 2 plain dials with baton markers. Once again poor, poor pictures brought to you by Apple i-Phone. Attachment 2129914 Attachment 2129922 Then the classic military Cyrillic tachy/telemetre dial favored by early cosmonauts. And found in both rounded and square lug case styles. Attachment 2129946 Attachment 2129954 And then it's civilian offspring - the rare ПОЛЕТ. Attachment 2129962 And then there is one more. I don't have it but I want it sooooo baaaad. One day........ maybe. The rainbow farting unicorn of Strela grails (image shamelessly borrowed from the Internet (but you guessed that because (1) the image is in focus and (2) I told you I didn't have it) Attachment 2130002 And lest it be ignored, the red-headed Strela stepchild from 2MWF Attachment 2130122 Just not as sexy as Ms ПОЛЕТ with the paddle hands above. Please note that this little run of postings is not supposed to be definitive on vintage Strelas in any way; more a snapshot of my Strela OCD. I don't want to start thinking (again) about the subtle differences in dials that crop up (pre/post-12 base, spellings of telemeter/telemetre/Телеметр, etc). This sub-collection is still a work in progress. Several are in need of a little restorative work (crowns, hands, crystals), most could probably do with a service) but they all tick and keep good time. So I am happy and my OCD satiated for now. But then there are the missing variants. But for how long........... Oh, and here is a 3133 Strela. Lovely watch, good presence. A Strela on steroids Attachment 2130082

I feel strange saying this but...

I love you.
    Ham2 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imitrex View Post
    And yep, I'm still over here laughing...Don wins.

How could I forget....

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Great condition watch, congrats . But golden main hands and black subdials hands - is it correct?

Attachment 2746873

GODDAMN..... I love it. Russian watches are just beautiful. Not even Rolex come any closer than this in my opinion.
    Last edited by UnknownSekonda; February 2nd, 2015 at 23:25.

Quote Originally Posted by kapitan View Post
    Great condition watch, congrats . But golden main hands and black subdials hands - is it correct?
    I don't know but Mark Gordon's has t h at configuration.

Name:  0277B.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  92.6 KB

So I hope it is correct. It is gorgeous. Hard to believe that it is from the 50s .... if it is that is

Last edited by DolleDolf; February 4th, 2015 at 19:58.
    smuggled_sheep likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSekonda View Post
    Attachment 2746873

GODDAMN..... I love it. Russian watches are just beautiful. Not even Rolex come any closer than this in my opinion.
    I don't find Rolex all that visually appealing TBH. Rugged solid tool watches but others are of a higher esthetic value IMHO.PP, JLC, VC, AP, ALS, Zenith, etc.

JonS1967 and smuggled_sheep like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DolleDolf View Post
    I don't find Rolex all that visually appealing TBH. Rugged solid tool watches but others are of a higher esthetic value IMHO.PP, JLC, VC, AP, ALS, Zenith, etc.

same here too, Rolex is overrated unfortunate.

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information