Signal found!
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Signal found!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Signal found!

Good day to you all, friends!
    It´s been a while.
    Here I have a surprising fleamarket find from earlier today. I own a couple of Poljot alarms with 2612 movement (if memory serves), but i seem to know little about this one.
    Please, share your infos and thoughts on it, most of all material and age, and methods on cleaning it, cause it needs a little love. And that is what it gets from me :) The crystal has a slight crack by the 8 o´clock mark, and most of the gunk is around the crystal where it joins the body. Other than that, runs great, alarm working like a charm. Thanks, and have a nice Sunday!
    Name:  IMG_0461.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  170.0 KBName:  IMG_0459.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  180.4 KB

Great find. This is an early version. Here is the photo from 1960 catalog. The only thing is that the catalog lists chrome version. Maybe someone can find the gold version but I have not seen one. Cleaning is as for any other watch 🙂
    Attached Images Attached Images

admiralStojakovic likes this.

Re: Signal found!

Thank you very much! Yes, a great find indeed.
    I finally got to opening the caseback. I have seen a few of them, also in chrome, still not in this kind of plating. I like it a lot.
    Name:  IMG_0472.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  98.6 KBName:  IMG_0473.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  107.2 KB

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Pozdrav Admirale i živ mi bio...

As I can see, You are lucky to have first issue of 2612 alarm watch. At least, first design.

They are excellent. And nothing specialion therm of servicing, every decent watchmaker should do it. Clean it, oil it, and it will serve You a long time.
    Last edited by stevarad; 2 Weeks Ago at 21:58.

I have a gold one

There are 2 styles of case back - the more desirable one (that I don't have) has holes in it to better project the sound.

Name:  poljotalarm.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  129.0 KB
    24h likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by watch22 View Post
    I have a gold one [IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.watchuseek.com/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif[/IMG]

There are 2 styles of case back - the more desirable one (that I don't have) has holes in it to better project the sound.

I did not know about it. Will it render the watch completely dust/moisture NOT proofed? Do you have pictures of it? Home made improvements?

Quote Originally Posted by stevarad View Post
    Pozdrav Admirale i živ mi bio...

As I can see, You are happy to have first issue of 2612 alarm watch. At least, first design.

They are excellent. And nothing specialion therm of servicing, every decent watchmaker should do it. Clean it, oil it, and it will serve You a long time.
    Pozdrav, Stevo! :)
    Yes, they are excellent, and I always loved them. I got my first (and for a long time the only) alarm watch from my father when I was just 8. An Poljot alarm, 2612. I completely destroyed it basically as a kid, but hung on to it, and in recent years managed to learn a lot about watches, mainly from this forum and it´s wonderful friendly members,and restore it completely! Still wear it with pride and wonderful memories. This recent one makes me very happy also! I wanted to do the service and clean myself, but I´m a bit rusty, don´t dare to jump into it cold :).

I have a gold one

Wow, that´s a looker. Like new. I had no idea about the case back either!

Quote Originally Posted by admiralStojakovic View Post
    This seems to be the most authentic, desirable, original caseback. It's been discussed extensively on this board. I believe it is the most desirable and I don't have it.

Name:  Caseback.JPG
Views: 44
Size:  97.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by admiralStojakovic View Post
    This seems to be the most authentic, desirable, original caseback. It's been discussed extensively on this board. I believe it is the most desirable and I don't have it. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.watchuseek.com/images/smilies/icon_sad.gif[/IMG]

Name:  Caseback.JPG
Views: 44
Size:  97.6 KB
    Went to check my collection of ‘crickets’ and to my surprise (and embezzlement) found one like this. I got it sometime back. Never used and completely forgot about this special back... I guess I got lucky today 🙂
    Watch22, do not give up, keep looking! Good watches are waiting for you!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information