Slava repair question

Thread: Slava repair question

Slava repair question

I have two Slava watches (2414) with same problem. When setting the time, hands are moving very easily, and when it's about 22:00 and date changing mechanism activates the hour and minute hands stop moving. This should be because the cannon pinion is very loose and is slipping.

I need advice how to tighten it up.

This is how it looks (sorry for the bad photos)
    Name:  Photo0063.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  74.7 KBName:  Photo0065.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  73.1 KB

Re: Slava repair question

Actually - you don't really tighten up the cannon pinion in that one, because the sleeve you normally tighten needs to move freely in this one. It is a friction clutch - the brass wheel rubs against the wheel beneath it. I don't know how it's tightened - some say t needs to be replaced when slipping. I don't have a complete movement to see right now, sorry...
    Have a great day!!!

Thanks for responding. I'm aware that I actually need to tighten the brass wheel against the cannon pinion and not the cannon pinion itself. I was just asking if there is any way to do it properly.
    I've already broken one brass wheel trying to bend its inside part (the one that looks like a triangle) inwards, so it can stick to the pinion more tightly. Still didin't have any success with this, so if anyone has an idea how to do it or what to try it'll be very good.
    Last edited by Zzarkoo; May 27th, 2013 at 13:36.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Zzarkoo View Post
    Thanks for responding. I'm aware that I actually need to tighten the brass wheel against the cannon pinion and not the cannon pinion itself. I was just asking if there is any way to do it properly.
    I've already broken one brass wheel trying to bend its inside part (the one that looks like a triangle) inwards, so it can stick to the pinion more tightly. Still didin't have any success with this, so if anyone has an idea how to do it or what to try it'll be very good.
    The loose cannon pinion is a common problem on Slava watches, especially if produced recently (post-Soviet ones with black plastic spacer and black screws).

The hands gear train drives the calendar too, so i suppose the problem is located exactly in the cannon pinion.
    It's like a car with worn clutch - the engine works, but the "wheels" (hands + calendar) don't turn.

On WUS since 2002 - Russian Watch Forum moderator from 2005 to 2012

Thread Information