Are these watches authentic?!

Thread: Are these watches authentic?!

Are these watches authentic?!

#1 and #2 are on fleabay, sold by 2 different sellers and fetching high $$$ (or £ respectivelly).
    Both sport the same dial design but different bezels; and the ZAKAZ MO CCCP marking is not where it should, below the minute markers at 6.
    There were consumer models, marked 'Sdelano vy SSSR' on the dial at 6 o'clock, below the minute markers and the models sold or issued to the military where the ZAKAZ... marking was applied instead of the ... CCCP.
    Therefore, what is the model's story? Is it a late legit model or they come from the same ukrainian dial shop?
    I am aware that there will be wide speculation on this topic as nobody knows for sure but hopefully somebody, hopefully again from RUSSIA, may have an answer.
    They are not authentic factory dials IMHO.

legit model with a hacking movement

Late legit model non hacking
    Last edited by Valdus; February 18th, 2007 at 18:30.

Thumbs Up Re: Are these watches authentic?!

I have some doubts about the case of the third one, but generally, all of them seem to be OK Even the variations of bezel are original as well.
    Last edited by TZAG; February 18th, 2007 at 16:29.

Re: Are these watches authentic?!

They are all legit, with the ZAKAZ MO CCCP where it should be on each one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Valdus, you seems to have usually an enough deep knowledge about Russian watches, so i'm quite surprised that you think that they are fakes, especially considering that they were mentioned a lot of times here.

As said by Tzag, all the mentioned watches (included the second one, sold by me) are original, and just the case of the 3rd watch is doubtful (the only legit parts are the dial and the movement). The black one is actually the only one with the 3AKA3 inscription in an unusual position, and it is usually the most requested one.

If you have doubts, of course, the watch is already owned by several forum members since many years.

On WUS since 2002 - Russian Watch Forum moderator from 2005 to 2012

Well...
    There are so many variations that probably evan Vostok's production people would have difficulties discerning the legit of the not legit.
    I'm not that much into Komandirskie, which were special order first, then offered to the public and still in production after the dissolution of the USSR; I believe the watch you sold is of late production, would appreciate the year of manufacture from the certificate (passport) should it be available. I'm curious when the dial design changed, because some models are marked 'Cdelano vy CCCP' instead of 3AKA3... and clearly not intended for the close circuit military distribution channel.
    My white dial is older, from about the mid 80s, and the ruby dial (which is not mine) from the 70s.

Quote Originally Posted by michele View Post
    Valdus, you seems to have usually an enough deep knowledge about Russian watches, so i'm quite surprised that you think that they are fakes, especially considering that they were mentioned a lot of times here.

As said by Tzag, all the mentioned watches (included the second one, sold by me) are original, and just the case of the 3rd watch is doubtful (the only legit parts are the dial and the movement). The black one is actually the only one with the 3AKA3 inscription in an unusual position, and it is usually the most requested one.

If you have doubts, of course, the watch is already owned by several forum members since many years.

Thread Information