The travelling Vostok, who wants it? - Page 15
Like Tree1334Likes

Thread: The travelling Vostok, who wants it?

Page 15 of 74 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 65 ... LastLast

Re: The travelling Vostok, who wants it?

Ralf, Great post. Thanks for the kind words.

It's nice to see family helping out with the photos. I used to ski Camelback in my yout, nice.

Wow, 4 boys. You have your hands full. Your oldest looks like a serious song writer/musician. A cross between Elvis Costello and Morrissey from The Smiths.

Dan
    JRMTactical likes this.
    "Dyslexics of the world, UNTIE"
    "I tried to think but nothing happens"

Great pictures, DolleDolf! Good to see your kids enjoying Vlad's visit
    DO NOT put sales verbiage in your signature.

Vlad has arrived in Waterloo!

Name:  vlad-1.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  214.3 KB

More pictures later.
    Stefan Vorkoetter: Programmer, hobbyist, amateur watchmaker, pilot, and collector of fountain pens, slide rules, calculators, and watches.

::subwave:: Chronograph • Sea-Gull "1963" Chronograph • Vortix Evolution (Explorer/Ranger homage) • Vortix Adventurer (Sub/Explorer homage) • Black Lagoon (Black Bay homage) • Velocimaster V-33 (X-33 homage) • Штурманские (Sturmanskie) Chronograph • Полет (Poljot)/Sekonda Alarm • Восток Амфибия (Vostok Amphibia) 420 with Cavalry Dial • Timex Expedition

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Awesome! I'm glad is making his way around the country again.

I'll put my name in the queue-- the wife will be working in Deadwood, South Dakota over the July 4 weekend -- Vlad with Mt. Rushmore and fireworks might be cool, though I don't want to budge over someone who might be somewhere more appropriate for that holiday (NYC with the Statue of Liberty, or D.C., for example...). Also I'll be in Slovenia/Croatia/Italy the second last week of August -- if I got Vlad on, say, August 5, I coudl take some lovely Utah pics, and then take him with me to Europe for a second European tour, if there's interest.

Just putting all of that out there. ;)

- Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

Current collection:
    Oris Artix Triple Date Moonphase | Oris Big Crown Pointer Date (in red!) | Ball Trainmaster "First Flight" Dual Time | Oris Artix Date | Glycine Airman DC-4 GMT | Christopher Ward C60 600 White Trident | Poljot Journey Chronograph | Mido Multifort | Nth Naken Renegade | Seiko Save-the-Ocean Samurai | Seiko 6139-7100 "Darth Vader Helmet" | Prometheus Jellyfish Yellow | Undone Modern Chrono | Bulova UHF Military 96B229 | Raketa "Big Zero" |

Here's a picture of Vlad with some friends and relatives, from left to right: Pilot Berkut chrono (31681), "Sivka" the Frankendirskie (2414A), Vlad, Sekonda alarm (2612.1), Strela chrono (3133).

Name:  vlad-and-friends.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  436.6 KB

Here's another shot with most of the lights off (8 second exposure) after charging the lume. Vlad hasn't got much I'm afraid.

Name:  vlad-and-friends-lume.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  287.6 KB

Vlad's NATO is too long for me. Rather than make new holes, I took the (temporary) 18mm home-made strap off the Berkut and put it on Vlad (the Berkut now has the strap it came with, but shortened) to try him on.

Name:  vlad-on-new-strap.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  240.8 KB

Vlad is running about 40s/d slow, so if no one has any objections, I'm going to regulate him. No beat error though, and the amplitude looks good.
    Stefan Vorkoetter: Programmer, hobbyist, amateur watchmaker, pilot, and collector of fountain pens, slide rules, calculators, and watches.

::subwave:: Chronograph • Sea-Gull "1963" Chronograph • Vortix Evolution (Explorer/Ranger homage) • Vortix Adventurer (Sub/Explorer homage) • Black Lagoon (Black Bay homage) • Velocimaster V-33 (X-33 homage) • Штурманские (Sturmanskie) Chronograph • Полет (Poljot)/Sekonda Alarm • Восток Амфибия (Vostok Amphibia) 420 with Cavalry Dial • Timex Expedition

I object if you don't show the pictures here!

I forget what the rate and amp. was when I fixed him. I have notes somewhere but I'm dealling with a nasty summer time head cold and feel woozy so I'm going to pop some pills and go back to bed.

Sometimes regulators move in transit. By all means, open him up.

Dan
    "Dyslexics of the world, UNTIE"
    "I tried to think but nothing happens"

Haven't had time to open him up and regulate him, but here are some pictures from this morning. The horse in the first picture is our stallion Mogly.

Name:  vlad-2.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  249.8 KB

Name:  vlad-3.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  200.0 KB

Name:  vlad-4.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  196.1 KB
    sq100, GuessWho, OhDark30 and 2 others like this.

DolleDolf iv only just saw your post i didnt know you are a Red mate, tell your boy good luck & stay away from the evil empire that is Man utd.

Excellent idea. Only I suggest each addressee to add the hours a vintage. The person sent 1 piece to travel and through certain time will receive 20-30-40 и.т.д. I am ready such rare Commander to add.Name:  101_6856.JPG
Views: 417
Size:  660.6 KB

Page 15 of 74 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 65 ... LastLast

Thread Information