The travelling Vostok, who wants it? - Page 46
Like Tree1316Likes

Thread: The travelling Vostok, who wants it?

Page 46 of 72 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast

Re: The travelling Vostok, who wants it?

Fixed mate!
    mariomart and joecool like this.
    "I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars – the rest I just squandered"
    George Best

I have posted up some pictures in 'Roman's' thread...

I'll post some final pictures up here later today, and after that hopefully Vlad will be off to St Petersburg I just need Liahim's address

cheers
    john
    joecool likes this.
    "I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars – the rest I just squandered"
    George Best

OK I have now sent Roman onto his next port of call...

Virginia, USA

I had hoped Vlad would be going as well to St Petersburg, Russia but I have been unsuccessful in my PMs with Liahim, he responds in Russian which I translate using Google but I'm not getting a forwarding address.

Its been 2 weeks now and I feel I must move on to another sponsor in order to stick my agreed timetable (which is have Vlad out of Australia by 30 Jan 2017).

So I'll move on down the list...

Regards
    john (Barry the Wino)
    George Best

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

OK final update from Australia

I haven't been successful in finding a sponsor who WASN'T from the US, Canada or the UK, it appears that interest or enthusiasm for Vlad has dwindled away during his extended hiatus in Australia. Therefore with advice from JoeCool I have packaged Vlad up for the next leg of his journey where hopefully he will receive refurbishment and be put back into wider circulation.

As promised I have sent him on his journey prior to the 30 Jan 2017 deadline.

Vlad has proved to be a stoic, humourless individual who has manfully shouldered every obstacle thrown his way. I wish him the best on his future travels.

As promised he now travels in a much stouter vessel which has been customised to suit his dimensions, hopefully this new sarcophagus will protect him from further harm.

Regards
    Barry the Wino (John)
    elsoldemayo likes this.
    George Best

Sad to hear that John. I volunteered to host Vlad in the summer of 2015 from the EU. After his long visit in Australia I gave up hope to host him, and returned to this thread when you posted the status update and recognition of the problem. But maybe it is better this way because I lack any watchmaking skills.
    Ticonderoga likes this.

Comrades, Vlad the World travelling Vostok has made it to my watch bench after crossing the globe from Australia. The plucky chap has been on the road now for just over 4 years! Sadly though he's not to well and needs some time off. He will be residing with me for a while until he's fixed up.

This brings me to a question for you ALL, in the absence of RFG (Dan) to whom Vlad belongs it falls to you to decided how he should be fixed up.

Of course I will do my best to service the movement and bring it back to a reliable state, my question is-

Lume on the hands is missing and crystal is damaged, leave as is or replace? The lume was missing on the hour hand from day one according to RFG.

So you decide.

Thoughts please. Cheers

Don't worry Vlad the Vostok will return in (You only get serviced twice) or (From Chistopol with love) other Bond puns are available!

Name:  20170206_194606.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  318.1 KBName:  20170206_194651.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  139.3 KB
    tylehman likes this.

I would say to just replace the crystal to retain waterproofing and give the poor fella a service only. The unlumed hands are part of who Vlad is now and help show the hardship of travelling the world.

Quote Originally Posted by mariomart View Post
    I would say to just replace the crystal to retain waterproofing and give the poor fella a service only. The unlumed hands are part of who Vlad is now and help show the hardship of travelling the world.
    i tend to agree, just the basics to get him running well. there are several issues with his total appearance and that is what makes him unique. i dont think cosmetic things should be done, just get his ticker ticking again, and get him out for some pictures.
    willjackson and Ticonderoga like this.

Haven't read the whole thread...has he been to New Zealand yet?
    While im not as good as I once was.....im as good once as I ever was.....!

Im new to Vlad, shouldn't it have a red seconds hand or silver?

I am one with The Force, The Force is with me.

Page 46 of 72 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast

Thread Information