The travelling Vostok, who wants it? - Page 72
Like Tree1316Likes

Thread: The travelling Vostok, who wants it?

Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 22 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72

Re: The travelling Vostok, who wants it?

I enjoy following Vlad's travels but not much news lately. How about a current photo or two?

@MWHarper - Any chance of an update anytime soon?

Thanks!
    Arthur
    Nanophylia: getting all excited over tiny things.

Hello all! Sorry I have been so MIA with Vlad since he arrived! I have been having week after week of hectic schedules with work and school. Vlad has got to see cool stuff here around Memphis! He has got to go stroll by the (flooded) Mississippi River morning and night since he arrived here (we live right on the water), he spent a oddly warm day walking around the Memphis Zoo on one of my free Sundays ( I love this zoo so much space and so much to see!)he has got to go The Pyramid (it was a sporting area but now is the big Bass Pro Shop), he has got to explore my favorite places to eat, shop and hangout here as well including a killer burger joint named Hueyís and some world class BBQ at the downtown joint Rendezvous! We also make many trips to the dog park here on Mud Island ( which you can also see the Hernado de Soto bridge in the background ,that is the I-40 Bridge from Memphis to West Memphis Arkansas across the Mississippi River) so the pup stays happy and healthy. Iím not sure if anyone else has said anything but Vlad is getting a little hard to wind up he will freewheel and unwind after about 10 turns which makes winding him about a 7-10 try event. I have not opened him to get a closer look mainly since I donít trust myself working on watches I plan to have working after Iím done with them, let alone Vlad. Any ideas on what would help(other than a service) would be something I would be willing to try! He will soon be headed off to the next stop since I believe he has stayed here long enough. Sorry for the little number of pictures here Iím not huge on taking pictures I have the Iím the moment mindset so since I got Vlad these are about the only pictures my phone has taken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    elsoldemayo, pump 19 and Dub Rubb like this.
    -Marshall W. Harper

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Al Faromeo View Post
    Added to the list!

1. MWHarper - USA (Tenessee) <=========== this is where Vlad is currently
    2. FernandoFuenzalida - Chili (Santiago) <===== ... and this is where Vlad wants to go next
    3. Dub Rubb - USA (San Francisco)
    4. Tylehman - USA (Texas)
    5. dim_kolev - Bulgaria
    6. Dasmi - Colorado Springs (USA)
    7. Xspect - Louisiana (USA)
    8. Joespeeder - Michigan (USA)
    9. JacobC - USA (Texas)
    10. DocTone (Germany)

Now what say you who wait for Vlad?

Should we combine JacobC and Tylehman?
    And also: move Bulgaria (dim_kolev) to a European stint to be combined with DocTone (Germany)?

Your input - especially from those who wait - is appreciated!

Both changes taken together would get the following list:

1. MWHarper - USA (Tenessee) <=========== this is where Vlad is currently
    2. FernandoFuenzalida - Chili (Santiago) <===== ... and this is where Vlad wants to go next
    3. Dub Rubb - USA (San Francisco)
    4. Tylehman - USA (Texas) and JacobC - USA (Texas)
    5. Dasmi - Colorado Springs (USA)
    6. Xspect - Louisiana (USA)
    7. Joespeeder - Michigan (USA)
    8. dim_kolev - (Bulgaria)
    9. DocTone (Germany)

Just an observation but at the current rate of travel, Vlad is not likely to leave the Americas until late 2021 at the very earliest. His passport could expire before he leaves the States. Is there no one in Asia, the Pacific or any other part of the world (Bulgaria and Germany excepted) willing to host to make it viable to keep him on the move? We need to keep him moving around the world to keep his air miles rewards up!

Name:  globe-earth-animation-16-3.gif
Views: 88
Size:  260.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Sekondtime View Post
    Just an observation but at the current rate of travel, Vlad is not likely to leave the Americas until late 2021 at the very earliest. His passport could expire before he leaves the States. Is there no one in Asia, the Pacific or any other part of the world (Bulgaria and Germany excepted) willing to host to make it viable to keep him on the move? We need to keep him moving around the world to keep his air miles rewards up!

Name:  globe-earth-animation-16-3.gif
Views: 88
Size:  260.1 KB
    Im next in list, and would be happy to host vlad!!
    I think ill have him for a week to ten days and then ship him again, so he can move around fast and get to visit as many places as possible!!

Sent from my Redmi 4X using Tapatalk
    JacobC and Dub Rubb like this.

Thanks for the update MWHarper - looks like Vlad is having the time of his life :)
    Nanophylia: getting all excited over tiny things.

Quote Originally Posted by FernandoFuenzalida View Post
    Im next in list, and would be happy to host vlad!!
    I think ill have him for a week to ten days and then ship him again, so he can move around fast and get to visit as many places as possible!!

Sent from my Redmi 4X using Tapatalk
    I am thinking the same. I will give Vlad a quick tour through the redwoods and an obligatory trip to the golden gate bridge. Probably a couple breweries (even though I am in wine country). Maybe try and meet up with comrade 24h for some vodka in his honor and off he goes!

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 22 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72

Thread Information