Unique Dutch / Belgium military watch collection; including a "Vostok" Tankist !
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Unique Dutch / Belgium military watch collection; including a "Vostok" Tankist !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unique Dutch / Belgium military watch collection; including a "Vostok" Tankist !

Today I received a parcel from a Dutch friend. He walked into a bookstore and saw this new military watch magazine complete with a Russian watch. He knew I was into Russian watches, so he bought it for me as a present

It's a Dutch / Belgium issue. It offers you the unique chance to collect vintage military watches; Japanese '40's, French '50's, British '80's, American '45, Australian and so on. You can buy a presentation box to show off your collection and a binder for all the magazines. You can subscribe to a bi-weekly issue of the magazine ..... it's a bit unclear how many issues there are and whether every issue contains a watch or how many watches there are in totally ........ never mind
    The first issue cost only €3.99 and €14.99 for every subsequent issue. You can terminate your subscription at any time.
    The 15 page magazine describes in between the commercials that these watches have become trendy for the youth to wear in the cities. (Sorry country boys ). Next it gives a brief story about a Russian commander in Afghanistan (1985-1987) how he used this "Tankist" to time a midnight attack on a Mujaheddin compound.
    It also tells you how the design of this unique quartz Russian collectors watch came to pass.
    Whether the magazine gets send abroad is unknown ......

Not sure if I'll take a subscription, but I think it was a very nice gesture of my friend

Without further ado; here the front of the magazine, the back and the uniquely designed Tankist which came with the magazine, next to mine Tankist.
    Attached Images Attached Images

24h, Seikogi and Abuyan like this.

Re: Unique Dutch / Belgium military watch collection; including a "Vostok" Tankist !

Its the same as the ones offered by eagle moss publications in the UK
    https://www.eaglemoss.com/en-nz/mili...-collection-1/
    EndeavourDK and Chascomm like this.

Re: Unique Dutch / Belgium military watch collection; including a "Vostok" Tankist !

These came out in the UK in 2014, I think there were about 80 watches in all plus a few special editions.

If you want to know what the other issues were just search "Eaglemoss watches" on eBay

EDIT: Looks like there were 100 regular issues plus specials.
    Last edited by Avidfan; 3 Weeks Ago at 17:53.
    EndeavourDK likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by hoja_roja View Post
    Its the same as the ones offered by eagle moss publications in the UK
    https://www.eaglemoss.com/en-nz/mili...-collection-1/
    Yes indeed, it's an Eagle Moss. Each watch has, so it is described in the magazine, an Eagle Moss stamp of approval

However, before we all queue up for this unique military-watch collection, there are perhaps a few minor details to note

- The bezel is an integral part of the housing. You can turn it, but the rest of the housing comes with it ......

- The setting of the time proofs to be a bit tricky. The minute-hand does "float". In the time-setting mode (the movement does "hack" !!) holding the watch horizontal, one can by tilting the watch "float" the minute hand to the left or to the right. It gives you a liberal 4-minutes float; 2 minutes to left and 2 minute to the right. So it's a bit tricky to get it spot-on, but once you got it spot-on and press the crown down the minute hand seems to have so its own ideas where to finally "land".
    The good news is however, that since it has a precision quartz movement (so it says on the back-cover), it should run on time from that final position onwards

Obviously I didn't want to void the 2-year warranty of my unique collectors watch, but luckily there was nothing written about not opening the case. So I grabbed the opportunity to show you a few close-ups of the 1980's Russian tank (as written on the back-cover);

It is truly unique !
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by EndeavourDK; 3 Weeks Ago at 19:19. Reason: Spelling
    s3133 likes this.

I think I prefer the original.

So this was a collection of $1 chinese quartz watches, basically?

There was a very long thread on these back in 2014: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/mi...ne-986528.html

Although it might take a while to read it all
    EndeavourDK likes this.

Don't waste your money.

The "replicas" are crap with only a passing resemblance to the real thing.

I know this because I collected the first 30 issues before finding the world of real affordable Vostok's.

When I sold my entire collection I received the princely total of $50, pretty much their real value.

Quote Originally Posted by EndeavourDK View Post
    Yes indeed, it's an Eagle Moss. Each watch has, so it is described in the magazine, an Eagle Moss stamp of approval

However, before we all queue up for this unique military-watch collection, there are perhaps a few minor details to note

- The bezel is an integral part of the housing. You can turn it, but the rest of the housing comes with it ......

- The setting of the time proofs to be a bit tricky. The minute-hand does "float". In the time-setting mode (the movement does "hack" !!) holding the watch horizontal, one can by tilting the watch "float" the minute hand to the left or to the right. It gives you a liberal 4-minutes float; 2 minutes to left and 2 minute to the right. So it's a bit tricky to get it spot-on, but once you got it spot-on and press the crown down the minute hand seems to have so its own ideas where to finally "land".
    The good news is however, that since it has a precision quartz movement (so it says on the back-cover), it should run on time from that final position onwards

Obviously I didn't want to void the 2-year warranty of my unique collectors watch, but luckily there was nothing written about not opening the case. So I grabbed the opportunity to show you a few close-ups of the 1980's Russian tank (as written on the back-cover);

It is truly unique !
    NO(0) JEWELS LOL

Shahrin

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using TapirTalk
    EndeavourDK and 24h like this.

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mariomart View Post
    Don't waste your money.

The "replicas" are crap with only a passing resemblance to the real thing.

I know this because I collected the first 30 issues before finding the world of real affordable Vostok's.

When I sold my entire collection I received the princely total of $50, pretty much their real value.
    I hope that was not a couple of your old watches that I saw in an Albany hock shop for $20 apiece.

Just through the shop window I could see that the B-uhr and Seikosha homages left a lot to be desired in terms of quality and general resemblance to the originals.
    Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information