Unusual quartz help please
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Dodgydruid
  • 1 Post By AaParker

Thread: Unusual quartz help please

Confused Unusual quartz help please

Hey all,

So this turns up, advertised as working but no battery which is annoying as I cannot find in my big box of unusual sized batteries anything that fits.

The tallest I have is a LR44 which is still some mm too low for the terminal and I am not sure if this takes 1.5v, 3v or whatever.

The other thing is polarity, I am loath to put something in and finding its upside down and knacker the electronics :(

Name:  IMG_20200211_162534.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  4.11 MB
    Name:  IMG_20200211_162517.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  3.28 MB
    Name:  IMG_20200211_162545.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  4.20 MB

One bonus is it came on a much better condition "Leningrad" bracelet than the one I have already, this was advertised as a Poljot but the name on the dial is not Poljot.
    steve_AU likes this.
    Rather sad, slightly mad 3 wheel van toting cat doting ol' timer...

Re: Unusual quartz help please

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgydruid View Post
    Hey all,

So this turns up, advertised as working but no battery which is annoying as I cannot find in my big box of unusual sized batteries anything that fits.

The tallest I have is a LR44 which is still some mm too low for the terminal and I am not sure if this takes 1.5v, 3v or whatever.

The other thing is polarity, I am loath to put something in and finding its upside down and knacker the electronics :(

One bonus is it came on a much better condition "Leningrad" bracelet than the one I have already, this was advertised as a Poljot but the name on the dial is not Poljot.
    кварц is Russian for quartz. The logo covered by the hands at 12 would be the Poljot logo from 1975 on. Good luck with the battery!
    Dodgydruid likes this.

That's cool, showing my noobness again lol

I still can't see what battery it takes or which way round it should go and I suspect the top motor wire isn't connected so will prob have to use some conductive epoxy to make it a solid connection.

Its quite an old one isn't it? Its what attracted me to it with that open motor and awesome circuit board.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

You might find this thread interesting.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f10/po...es-844968.html

Sekondtime

Quote Originally Posted by Sekondtime View Post
    You might find this thread interesting.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f10/po...es-844968.html

Sekondtime
    Thank you, I did search for Poljot quartz but it came back with no results, also I get this "cannot post more than once in ten seconds" thing going on where it puts me into advanced on a quick reply. I think its chrome being a git as usual as chrome seems to frazz out on certain sites on my computer lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgydruid View Post
    Thank you, I did search for Poljot quartz but it came back with no results, also I get this "cannot post more than once in ten seconds" thing going on where it puts me into advanced on a quick reply. I think its chrome being a git as usual as chrome seems to frazz out on certain sites on my computer lol
    Hope that thread is useful. I get the same problem when searching and I use Firefox. I wonder if it is WUS site that is the problem. Anyway, when it happens, I just hit the back button which takes me back the the search page and then hit search again and then it searches correctly.

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

The suitable battery size for this movement is 11.6x4.2mm, 1.55volt, preferably silver oxide, i.e.:
    SR43SW
    SR43W
    SR1142
    LR43
    AG12

Be aware that 'AG' batteries are inferior quality alkaline and will not last as long.
    Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

Thread Information