Upscale Russians - Page 3
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Upscale Russians

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Re: "Upscale" Russians

Quote Originally Posted by Fergfour View Post
    Maybe not the best word, I was trying to convey "more expensive" in comparison to the typical thrifty Vostok. From what I see, the Raketa and Slava posted appear to be well made watches. No better or worse than any dime a dozen microbrand diver out there as far as I can see. I'm not attempting to justify the price or compare to other non-Russian watches, I just think it's cool that there are other brand choices and some nice looking newer models coming out of Russia. Nothing wrong with keeping an open mind.
    +1 Nothing wrong with keeping an open mind.
    Fergfour likes this.
    It should be special!

Maybe not the best word, I was trying to convey "more expensive" in comparison to the typical thrifty Vostok. From what I see, the Raketa and Slava posted appear to be well made watches. No better or worse than any dime a dozen microbrand diver out there as far as I can see. I'm not attempting to justify the price or compare to other non-Russian watches, I just think it's cool that there are other brand choices and some nice looking newer models coming out of Russia. Nothing wrong with keeping an open mind.
    +1 Nothing wrong with keeping an open mind.
    Dan T. likes this.
    It should be special!

Quote Originally Posted by detroie View Post
    Raketa is without anti-magnetic protection, if they asking such price they should offer more...
    Unless you know what alloy Raketa is using currently, I'm not sure you can make that assertion. I work around medical equipment and none of my Raketa watches made in the last 5 years are affected, but some of my Swiss are.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I hear you. And based on what you're saying, the quotes weren't necessary. For example, I went to a recognition dinner for an employee once, and in the presentation it said: Teresa "works hard" and a few of us in the back started laughing. The presenter said "What's so funny?" and I explained that saying she "works hard" in quotes is like using written sarcasm (meaning, she doesn't work hard at all). So that's what I saw with "Upscale" Russian. Ha ha

Yeah there are some killer Russian watches out there. As a space geek, I've been longing for a Fortis for a while, but something else usually catches my eye before going for it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    "I think I may make bold to say, that there is neither any other Mechanical or Mathematical thing in the World that is more beautiful or curious in texture than this my watch or Timekeeper for the Longitude..." ~John Harrison F.R.S., 1759

Quote Originally Posted by JacobC View Post
    Unless you know what alloy Raketa is using currently, I'm not sure you can make that assertion. I work around medical equipment and none of my Raketa watches made in the last 5 years are affected, but some of my Swiss are.
    I'm not arguing that Raketa is bad I just saw that the case back of the diver watches is open and there is no ISO certificate.
    And based on that i have doubght about antimagnetic protection.
    Earn money, f... b....

del
    Last edited by detroie; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:38.
    Earn money, f... b....

Quote Originally Posted by detroie View Post
    I'm not arguing that Raketa is bad I just saw that the case back of the diver watches is open and there is no ISO certificate.
    And based on that i have doubght about antimagnetic protection.
    What I'm saying is that an ISO certificate is not necessary. Right now I'm testing a watch for a German company that far exceeds ISO, but they're a small company and won't pay to have it validated.

Don't get wrapped up in what's stamped on the back of watches. Knowing how movements are constructed and which alloys manufacturers select and how the cases are constructed are much more valuable pieces of information.

If you limit yourself to only ISO standard certified watches you'll limit yourself to a very narrow subsection of the watch world.

What I'm saying is that an ISO certificate is not necessary. Right now I'm testing a watch for a German company that far exceeds ISO, but they're a small company and won't pay to have it validated.

Don't get wrapped up in what's stamped on the back of watches. Knowing how movements are constructed and which alloys manufacturers select and how the cases are constructed are much more valuable pieces of information.

If you limit yourself to only ISO standard certified watches you'll limit yourself to a very narrow subsection of the watch world.
    Just out of interest, have you tested any of the antimagnetic Vostok Amphibias? They have the shield in the back and are stamped as antimagnetic but I've never seen anyone actually test just how effective they are.

Quote Originally Posted by vintorez View Post
    Just out of interest, have you tested any of the antimagnetic Vostok Amphibias? They have the shield in the back and are stamped as antimagnetic but I've never seen anyone actually test just how effective they are.
    i remember that something about it was posted by meranom at wru
    Earn money, f... b....

No, i'm not limited myself with ISO standarts at all, almoust all my watches is Amfibia, without any certification.
    Earn money, f... b....

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information